+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: I threw away money *sighs*

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bayani View Post
    I won't play much in Beta 7 either. I'm catching up on some reading and getting ahead at work; I've taken the 24th and 25th off for a nice four day weekend leading into headstart. I just wish there were server forums already; my guild's going to have at most 4 people in it at launch and I'd like to start networking with other players/guilds to align with on Faeblight.
    Oh man, you just reminded me that I have to miss the first two days of headstart I haven't had to travel for work in 8 years and they pick THAT week...

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourtyfour View Post
    sounds like FFXIV launch. haha
    I played FFXIV during beta and although I hated it, it felt better than Earthrise. But that is just me.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

Quote Originally Posted by Dagny_Kiara View Post
    movement was better although that varied.. i was good enough that I was able to become disenchanted by the game and npot the mechanics. Already heard back from the GMs, I said I wasn't enjoying the game so theya re going to give me more time.... wtf?

Me; Hey doc, this prescription makes me feel sick
    Doctor: That's not good, here let me refill your prescription...

/facepalm
    Oh actually I read that they're extending the free month for the second month because so many people were having difficulty with the game. But that really doesn't help at all if you don't enjoy the game style to begin with. lol.
    "Excessive use of bad language is often indicative of little boys pretending to be all growed up."

I'm so lost.
    Spitescar PvP <Catalyst>

Guardian
    Sephiria
    Sephyra

It's all I can do to keep playing the trial version of Age of Empires III instead of buying it while I wait for the 24th. I feel your pain.

Rift Disciple

You want bored, i bought some icing sugar and mage cany rifts with it, sadly i didn't have time to color it before i ate them up.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrena View Post
    Oh actually I read that they're extending the free month for the second month because so many people were having difficulty with the game. But that really doesn't help at all if you don't enjoy the game style to begin with. lol.
    Well actually that was taken out of context... here's what they said

"Dear Players,

We would like to thank you for the support and understanding that all of you have toward Earthrise. You are the pioneers of Enterra who we consider to be the biggest supporters of our vision and the values that stand behind the game. In regard to this and as a token of gratitude we would like to inform you that everyone who has activated their game key until Friday February 11th will receive additional free game time compensation for the month of March, which we will announce next week.

Thank you one more time for the support, we are doing our best to fix all issues that affect your gameplay."

Now the way I read it they are going to give people more time in March, but it doesn't say the whole month.

Either way, I have a plate full of something gross, more doesn't help.

i'ts my own fault.
    A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the lyrics.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiria View Post
    I'm so lost.
    I'll come find you!
    A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the lyrics.

Rift Disciple

MM does that dress come in red? black just isn't me.

Plane Touched

It's live now, cost me $49.99 for the DD and 30 days... I didn;t use 4 hours... it's just not for me. Probably great if you are hardcore PvP and I'm pretty much softcore... wait, that sounds wrong.

No, that sounded about right to me.

But seriously I'm in the same boat. I'm having wicked Riftdrawls and there isn't a single game out there that makes me want to play it. DAOC was my life for about the last 5 years but after being in the Rift betas I cancelled my accounts and have no desire to resub. So for the moment I'm content reading forums and reading reviews on Rift. I have the 25th-28th off so I'll get my fix.

Can we get a head start on the head start? Papapapaleeeeeaaaaassssse?!?!
    Excuses are nails that built the house of FAIL

Someone on the forums suggested Vindictus and I found it to be the perfect time killer. At least until full-on RIFT shows up, you can even get around feeling like you need to pay for anything.

Ive heard mixed reviews from Earthrise. Some love it some hate it. There really isnt a middle ground. The biggest issues it has is with the combat system which feels clunky as hell, and as cool as it looks, the movement around the world is very questionable in its feel and design. It also does not have much promise down the road due to the fact that its independently developed which as sad as it is, rarely works anymore when you want a game to survive.

Dagny_Kiara... not to get off topic but did you play WAR? Your sig i am fairly certain is a Sorceress, a class i know well since i played one to RR80.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 02-08-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Synthia View Post
    MM does that dress come in red? black just isn't me.
    I have one in red. fashion is not my strong suit so when I find somethign I like I get in multiple colors.

If people are wanting something to fill the void, then may I suggest trying Saga of Ryzom...

They have something like a 21 day free trial.

It is a little older of a game, but it is a good game. I won't write a wall of text trying to describe it, you can go to thier website to read up on all that.

It has alot of unique features, from creatures only found in thier game to a world that actually feels alive and evolving. AI is pretty cool too, when little creatures see you a little eye icon pops up next to thier name and they will follow you around..and same goes for mobs, if they see you from across the way, they will come after you.

But I think its worth a try, i mean free trial what do you have to lose and I think it will fill the time until beta 7 then the time between that and headstart for those who preordered.

Oh and the community over there is pretty helpful and friendly from what I recall, granted you act respectful yourself. I am thinking of reactivating my account while I wait for Rift.
    Last edited by Starzia; 02-08-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Save the music! On a mission to bring back Bard's music, “Without music, life would be an error.”

I'll come find you!
    I want to hardcore all over your softcore
    Spitescar PvP <Catalyst>

Guardian
    Sephiria
    Sephyra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast