+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I despise social networking.

/raises hand.

I hate cell phones as well. I admit I have one, but it's shut off 90% of the time as it's mainly for emergencies.

Djevik

Quote Originally Posted by meoka2368 View Post
    The truth of the matter is that your kind, Hellblade, is not going to be around much longer.

Time to evolve or die.
    oh really?^^... for me Facebook is just fad, it will go over and something new and stupid will come and you just dont have to be all over each fad that pops up and goes away

Quote Originally Posted by Djevik View Post
    /raises hand.

I hate cell phones as well. I admit I have one, but it's shut off 90% of the time as it's mainly for emergencies.

Djevik
    I just wanted to call you my brother in arms... but you have one, i cast you away and your emergencies, i dont possess a cellphone and i never will :>

this thread is old.
    Children of Cybertron ♥~
    -------
    Sex Life
    Tearfall: Cyrodiil Class/Class/Class Level.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrodiil View Post
    this thread is old.
    Well, um, so am I! There! (Sounded better in my head).

Time to evolve or die.
    Evolution can suck it. Did you hear about that teacher that got fired because one of her kids' parents complained to the school board about a picture she took of herself at the Guinness brewery? All she was doing was holding a glass of beer, and the picture went up on FB, was seen by the kid, the kid's parents complained, and the school board told the teacher to beat it. Zero tolerance and all that. Maybe she'll sue her job back, maybe she won't. Either way, her life is more complex now.

The new way of doing things worked out marvelously; this is certainly a new way of getting fired. The teacher isn't the only one, either.

Seems as if the new way is making your business everyone else's business. Us old folks realized that way before we needed special lectures to tell us that. An average modern social media user STILL hasn't caught on.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Hellblade; 02-09-2011 at 05:35 AM.

i made my facebook when it first came out ages ago, i stopped using it within a month. What i hate is when im trying to watch the news and all the time theyre saying visit my twitter, visit my facebook, no... i WANT THE NEWS!
    Mr. Honeybuns

Quote Originally Posted by Hellblade View Post
    Evolution can suck it.
    The only thing I see that's evolved about it is the level of narcissism in the world.
    "Look at me, I have a Facebook page. Come check me out."
    "Follow my blog on every mundane act I do all day."
    "I'll update Myspace and Twitter frequently! See what I do next"

So yeah, if this is evolution, it can suck it.

Djevik

Quote Originally Posted by Djevik View Post
    The only thing I see that's evolved about it is the level of narcissism in the world.
    "Look at me, I have a Facebook page. Come check me out."
    "Follow my blog on every mundane act I do all day."
    "I'll update Myspace and Twitter frequently! See what I do next"

So yeah, if this is evolution, it can suck it.

Djevik
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ersations-here...

A thread that someone posted with an article that pretty much conveys that exact sentiment, was a decent read.
    I wish I had a comprehension gun.

I found my daughter through facebook.
    My ******* exhusband took off and I couldn't find him.
    Poof there she was one day.
    I won't go into more details, but there's good and bad to everything.
    Original signature done by me!
    A good friend will help you out no matter what.I'm going to visit my BFF later...Inmate # 100846 oh the good times we had!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by wannsa View Post
    I found my daughter through facebook.
    My ******* exhusband took off and I couldn't find him.
    Poof there she was one day.
    I won't go into more details, but there's good and bad to everything.
    Good to hear!! Hope all went well after you found her. Yes there is good and bad to everything. As much as I'm not a fan of Facebook or social networking in general, it's not the medium that is the evil but how people use it.

Kinda like the gun doesn't kill people. The person holding the gun kills people type of sentiment.
    "He enjoys life -- as do all who are spared the curse of intelligence." -HP Lovecraft in a 1922 letter to Anne Tillery Renshaw
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." - HP Lovecraft "The Call of Cthulhu"

I feel you, I may be on the internet but I never do all that face-book, twitter crap. I hate people knowing about me. I like being anonymous and unknown. Gives me space to be who I want to be, when I want to be it. Not someone everyone knows. My family is all non-tech savvy except for my bro. We do internet together. So I don't have to worry about my parents learning about the things I do on the net. I never use my real name, and never give out my info. (Yes I'm paranoid) I on the other hand love to know about other people. So I read other peoples profiles, facebooks etc just to get to know someone. Then I decide if I like them enough to interact or attempt that with them.

PS: I will never follow anyone on facebook or twitter. :/
    The mind of man rests on a delicate balance between reality - the world of light, and the other darker world below the threshold of consciousness... and it is from this world of darkness which comes the evil destructive forces in man's nature

Soulwalker

my hand is raised.... your a legend op
    im only 20 years old... but believe it or not i do understand what your on about, all jokes aside my status will now be "i wish facebook wasnt invented"

Quote Originally Posted by Serradyne View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ersations-here...

A thread that someone posted with an article that pretty much conveys that exact sentiment, was a decent read.
    Let me just say that I did not see that article until now. :-)

Djevik

Telaran

That article's a good read, for sure. Kind of makes you wonder about where the society will be in a few years.

I'm not a terribly big fan of online social networking, but it was incredibly useful just to connect with former classmates and co-workers while I searched for a new job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3