+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Real or Fake?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    22

    Default Real or Fake?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jczjyV4v3i0

    Looks pretty real to me, I however don't know how to tell if its been doctored anyone specialize in this area?

  2. #2
    RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    1,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coinside View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jczjyV4v3i0

    Looks pretty real to me, I however don't know how to tell if its been doctored anyone specialize in this area?
    I'd like to say it is real but you never know... get videos like this all the time :/

  3. #3
    Plane Touched melvinoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    248

    Default

    its face ive watched local news and if u see the origin vid u can see the guy aint mooving

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Puree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Counter-troll HQ
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Very easily edited in.

    I'm not saying it doesn't have the potential to be real, because it totally does. But the edits that could make that seem real aren't that hard.

    NOW, that said, I totally believe in aliens. If anyone were to think in the entirety of space that we are the only life, they are completely irrational, perhaps even delusional.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple 17351802's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puree View Post
    Very easily edited in.

    I'm not saying it doesn't have the potential to be real, because it totally does. But the edits that could make that seem real aren't that hard.

    NOW, that said, I totally believe in aliens. If anyone were to think in the entirety of space that we are the only life, they are completely irrational, perhaps even delusional.
    Truth.

    Some of the greatest scientific minds to date have also qualified (and quantified to some extent) the existence of other lifeforms in the universe. See the Drake Equation and the Fermi Paradox.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Puree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Counter-troll HQ
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 17351802 View Post
    Truth.

    Some of the greatest scientific minds to date have also qualified (and quantified to some extent) the existence of other lifeforms in the universe. See the Drake Equation and the Fermi Paradox.
    +1 for intellectually intact people playing video games. Woo-woooooo!

  7. #7
    Ascendant xanduin246's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,766

    Default

    i believe in aliens, no doubt in my mind theres other life forms out there..

    however, to believe that they may look like us (i realize that wasnt implied here) AND have the technology to go that far into space AND want to come to earth AND have interest in studying us AND for some reason cant do it from space with the technology they have..

    im sorry, i just cant believe that..

    sure, there may be species out there more advanced than us.. but advanced and advanced technology do not necessarily go hand in hand

    i suppose its technically possible... but that goes along with that whole theory that theres another earth out there, with another you, doing the same thing you are.. whats it called? infinity theory?

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Puree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Counter-troll HQ
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Not sure what the theory is called that directly supports a paralleled dimension, I'm sure there are quite a few that do.

    "Down the Rabbit Hole" is a really good rendition of some crazy *** ideas. It's a movie.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Ionbick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA Placerville, CA
    Posts
    249

    Default

    It acurally was a new movie testing some laser light system...

    I do however believe we of Earth are not the only intelligent beings out there... well except maybe for some of the forum posts...
    <>< Bick

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    i believe in aliens, no doubt in my mind theres other life forms out there..

    however, to believe that they may look like us (i realize that wasnt implied here) AND have the technology to go that far into space AND want to come to earth AND have interest in studying us AND for some reason cant do it from space with the technology they have..

    im sorry, i just cant believe that..

    sure, there may be species out there more advanced than us.. but advanced and advanced technology do not necessarily go hand in hand

    i suppose its technically possible... but that goes along with that whole theory that theres another earth out there, with another you, doing the same thing you are.. whats it called? infinity theory?

    We as a species are less that 195,000 years old. We have traveled into space, we have landed on the moon, we have recovered geological samples from other planets. We have seen stars thousands of ly away. We have sent probes and satellites hundreds of thousands of Au off into the universe.

    You really don't think in this infinite Universe of our singular plane of existence that there could be another species so far advanced that the human brain cannot even comprehend their abilities?

    You sir, are limited.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker Concept2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    492

  12. #12
    Plane Touched Hoser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Who is to say man kind doesn't exist on another planet. We are looking for new planets to discover all the time, what happens if we find one? We will try to populate the new planet.

    But because we don't want to disrupt there growth as a society we stay out of there way, but we still keep watch of them. What if this is what we are seeing now. They will not revel there self's to us till we as a society are mature enough to understand the big picture.

    Earth has proven that different species look different based on there surroundings, so that is maybe why they look like aliens to us, because I'm sure there environment will be different.

    I want to smoke a bowl with aliens.
    Last edited by Hoser; 02-08-2011 at 11:01 AM.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Puree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Counter-troll HQ
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
    I want to smoke a bowl with aliens.
    Alien weed would be soooooooo bomb...

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple 17351802's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
    I want to smoke a bowl with aliens.
    This.

    This.

    So this...




    EDIT: Can I have this for my sig?
    Last edited by 17351802; 02-08-2011 at 11:09 AM.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Havenless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madlulz View Post
    We as a species are less that 195,000 years old. We have traveled into space, we have landed on the moon, we have recovered geological samples from other planets. We have seen stars thousands of ly away. We have sent probes and satellites hundreds of thousands of Au off into the universe.
    yet we're still ridiculously primitive compared to other intelligent lifeforms that could exist in the universe

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GooNhOIMY0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-uZZ7RdL5E

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts