+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Let's Reflect...MMO moments

Shadowlander

Default Let's Reflect...MMO moments

I was going to bed last night, thinking about this damn game, and how much fun WoW used to be. I started the day it came out, and quit about 2 1/2 years ago.

I had some amazing times in that game, loads of server firsts along with my guild opening the gates of AQ This is when MMOing was fun to me. I'm only 22 so I didn't get into EQ that much (was too young).

Running BWL was by far the most memorable moments of 40 man raiding. It was a 3-way race for server firsts and everyone was raiding nonstop, I literally spend 7 nights a week raiding. I didn't get laid for months but it was kinda worth it. I've calmed down now, I found an awesome girl and she keeps me in check on my gaming.

Also witnessed one of the best ninja's of all time. This was only our 2nd time downing this bastard, also master loot was bugged at the time so we just did FFA loot (mistake).

Just great times all around! You guys have any awsome MMO moments?
    Last edited by ramm; 02-08-2011 at 06:57 AM.

i quit wow on the first week of release.

I was playing WoW with my IRL mates, we had a team of 10 man, banging all the 70 raids and owning nubs back in 60 ^^

was great times, now i dont talk much to them anymore because i moved. Lol :b
    The Zwoop tHEzWOOP Thezwoop tHEZWOOP TheZwoop ThezwooP THEzwoop theZWOOP thezwOOp THeZWooP thEzwOOp tHeZwOoP ThezwOOp THEzWOOp

I remember one night back in 2005, my guild stayed up the entire night untill 6:44 in the morning trying to kill Rag, finally we got him down.was one of the most epic moments in my life ..

Or the time our guild finally killed Illidan, a glaive did drop in fact and a warrior won it. we didn't believe in going online and looking for guides for boss fights, we went in blind, formulated our own strategies and learned from our mistakes....lots of fun

Both times excessive cheer and scream in teamspeak.

I also remember the server held a massive raid (200 people) and occupation event, we raided stormwind and held it in our hands for 3 days....alliance were unable to do anything. as well as being severely butthurt on the forums.

Bonechewer - Horde

The game died after BC for me...
    Last edited by Aedu; 02-08-2011 at 08:57 AM.
    AMD Phenom II 955 X4 @ 3.2 GHz, 8 Gigs of DDR3 SDRAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1 GB, 1 Terabyte Hard Drive, 23" Wide LCD Monitor, I bought this from a friend for 400 dollars...what a deal.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Aedu View Post
    I remember one night back in 2005, my guild stayed up the entire night untill 6:44 in the morning trying to kill Rag, finally we got him down.was one of the most epic moments in my life ..

Or the time our guild finally killed Illidan, a glaive did drop in fact and a warrior won it. we didn't believe in going online and looking for guides for boss fights, we went in blind, formulated our own strategies and learned from our mistakes....lots of fun

Both times excessive cheer and scream in teamspeak.

I also remember the server held a massive raid (200 people) and occupation event, we raided stormwind and held it in our hands for 3 days....alliance were unable to do anything. as well as being severely butthurt on the forums.

Bonechewer - Horde

The game died after BC for me...
    Hilarious, yeh we had ZERO glaive drops but we had 4 rag hammers I totally agree about BC, I actually sold all my characters and made a pretty good chunk of change for em just after I maxed my character out in BC.
    Last edited by ramm; 02-08-2011 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramm View Post
    I was going to bed last night, thinking about this damn game, and how much fun WoW used to be. I started the day it came out, and quit about 2 1/2 years ago.

I had some amazing times in that game, loads of server firsts along with my guild opening the gates of AQ This is when MMOing was fun to me. I'm only 22 so I didn't get into EQ that much (was too young).

Running BWL was by far the most memorable moments of 40 man raiding. It was a 3-way race for server firsts and everyone was raiding nonstop, I literally spend 7 nights a week raiding. I didn't get laid for months but it was kinda worth it. I've calmed down now, I found an awesome girl and she keeps me in check on my gaming.

Also witnessed one of the best ninja's of all time. This was only our 2nd time downing this bastard, also master loot was bugged at the time so we just did FFA loot (mistake).

Just great times all around! You guys have any awsome MMO moments?
    They gave the bow to the rogue... If you don't know what I'm talking about you need to look it up. Long story short though, They gave a legendary bow to a rogue instead of two hunters because they "didn't deserve it"
    freaking hilarious.

Also, black scarab mount was so awesome. MC Server first.
    Logging into the beta for the first time and feeling completely sucked in.
    Same age as op, so never really go into EQ

Quote Originally Posted by Concept2 View Post
    They gave the bow to the rogue... If you don't know what I'm talking about you need to look it up. Long story short though, They gave a legendary bow to a rogue instead of two hunters because they "didn't deserve it"
    freaking hilarious.

Good old Vicarious, they were the only guild on the server ahead of us in progression, and they also had Soutalgon in their guild, that dude was absolutely terrible, knew that guy from pre-area 52 days.
    I wish I had a comprehension gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Serradyne View Post
    Good old Vicarious, they were the only guild on the server ahead of us in progression, and they also had Soutalgon in their guild, that dude was absolutely terrible, knew that guy from pre-area 52 days.
    lol. I x-ferred onto that server about a weak before hand. I was kind of burned out and wanted to play casual for a while. I just remember getting tells form people about it, then all of a sudden all the chat channels were filled with the news.

Shadowlander

freaking hilarious.

I remember that actually, it spread like wildfire around the message boards when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ramm View Post
    I remember that actually, it spread like wildfire around the message boards when it happened.
    I heard from some Area 52 friends that they still get jokes about it on trade. People also roll there occasionally to whisper the guild, or former members.

I heard from some Area 52 friends that they still get jokes about it on trade. People also roll there occasionally to whisper the guild, or former members.
    No doubt, and not that this is an overly amazing accomplishment, but it only took a few seconds to find and upload -
    http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...208_172316.jpg
    Last edited by Serradyne; 02-08-2011 at 11:33 AM.
    I wish I had a comprehension gun.

Go waaay back into EQ days, Planes of Power was released and there I was trying to lead a pug of 72 people to kill the Behemoth in Plane of Innovation I believe it was called? Dun remember anymore lol.. I remember the encounter like it was yesterday though lol. Then also later down the line leading yet another 72 man raid to take out Bertox. EQ pretty much started the MMO style gaming for me.
    PS - I licked your window.

+ Reply to Thread