+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why aren't you playing _______?

Default Why aren't you playing _______?

While reading some posts today, it occurred to me there are many that say, "__game__ was so awesome, please take a page from their book." A lot of what I hear is DAoC's PVP, SWG's crafting, EQ's hardcoreness, etc. So I started wondering, why exactly are you no longer playing those games? Did you play for so long you just got bored of it, did the gameplay change, did all your friends move on, or was the other areas of the game lacking? I think it might be useful feedback for Trion to hear why we no longer play the games we love(d).

I don't like to start fires, so if your feelings on the matter are too passionate to communicate calmly, go eat a cookie or something before you post. ^_^
    Last edited by DantheDragon; 11-18-2010 at 09:45 AM.

Ascendant

Because SOE ruined EQ1 for me by not fixing a Zone crash which basically ruined raiding..
    And
    SOE ruined Vanguard by basically ignoring the playerbase so there were like 30 people on the server max at any given time
    And
    WoW for basically caving in and catering to the "instant Gratification" crowd

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    Because SOE ruined EQ1 for me by not fixing a Zone crash which basically ruined raiding..
    And
    SOE ruined Vanguard by basically ignoring the playerbase so there were like 30 people on the server max at any given time
    And
    Well Im currently playing Aion and although I personally still enjoy the game, most of my friends has moved on. More importantly the RP community is dwindling and Im not sure I care for the influx of new comers.

I am playing an MMO right now. But I will be moving onto Rift at Release. It's just a better game, however seeing as I can't play a game that's not out yet.. I have to do something to occupy my time otherwise I'd be impatiently clogging the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Delith View Post
    I am playing an MMO right now. But I will be moving onto Rift at Release. It's just a better game, however seeing as I can't play a game that's not out yet.. I have to do something to occupy my time otherwise I'd be impatiently clogging the forums.
    You can write my essay. It's not that long. Pweeesseeee.

Dont play them any longer due to the ive been there done that feeling and having nothing left on them or that is upcoming that makes me even raise an eyebrow.

For now WAR's expansion released today so that should keep me hacking and slashing until i can jump in to carebear form and enjoy some top quality PvE fun with Rift

I AM still playing Everquest (my all-time favorite). I likely wont ever get rid of that account even if I go through spells where I dont always play it. Too me, its STILL a good game. Doesnt stop me from wanting new adventures in a new world though ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DantheDragon View Post
    While reading some posts today, it occurred to me there are many that say, "__game__ was so awesome, please take a page from their book." A lot of what I hear is DAoC's PVP, SWG's crafting, EQ's hardcoreness, etc. So I started wondering, why exactly are you no longer playing those games? Did you play for so long you just got bored of it, did the gameplay change, did all your friends move on, or was the other areas of the game lacking? I think it might be useful feedback for Trion to hear why we no longer play the games we love(d).

I don't like to start fires, so if your feelings on the matter are too passionate to communicate calmly, go eat a cookie or something before you post. ^_^
    All of the games that people loved have been changed dramatically from how they once were. In 90% of the cases they have been changed to cater to casual players who want everything in the game to be given to them for free. Hence why everyone isnt playing them anymore.

When people have to list their favorite games while stipulating "I liked xxx up until expansion yyy" there is a pretty clear pattern across the industry.
    - Lord Taldier

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
    - Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    And
    And
    everything you just said iv said myself.

I loved WAR, but Mythic are incompetent fools and I refuse to give them any more of my money.
    Last edited by Vadar; 11-18-2010 at 06:51 PM.

well i get board with the expansions of games quickly i'm always looking for NEW content but they seam to always let me down, go and kill 500 blue wolves that look just like the ones i killed in lvl 1 and lvl 25 and lvl 50, the overall game play stays the same to it gets annoying to do the same kind of quest the same way all the time with the significant difference being how you kill the last boss or something, you get the point. quest that are exactly the same as the ones i did while i was a lower lvl and seam to be doing them again in the "shiny new expansion" i find most expansion to be garbage token to make it appear that they have added to actual game playing content, doing the exact kind of quest at lvl 50 that i did at lvl 1 and seeing the same monsters at lvl one in the new content but their know blue, dosent work for me.
    Last edited by Stormstrike; 11-18-2010 at 07:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread