+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Logged into WoW for 7 free days...

Default Logged into WoW for 7 free days...

If people think I'm a troll, they should stay far, far away from those servers right about now. I said one barely-negative thing about how I'm leaving WoW for another game, and had an army of angry 14 year olds cursing at me, calling me names, and telling me how awful every other game is going to be.

Since when did WoW community turn into this ignorant blind allegiance? I forgot how insane and weird that community can be sometimes. It's a video game guys, I didn't insult your paw paw on veteran's day. I don't freak out when my friend tells me he's stopped ordering the turkey sandwich from subway even though i still like it.

Luckily, it makes me look at you all in a better light. Just when the Rift forums started to get annoying, I saw first-hand how much worse it could really be.

Inb4"coolstorybro"

Quote Originally Posted by Moonpuncher View Post
    If people think I'm a troll, they should stay far, far away from those servers right about now. I said one barely-negative thing about how I'm leaving WoW for another game, and had an army of angry 14 year olds cursing at me, calling me names, and telling me how awful every other game is going to be.

Since when did WoW community turn into this ignorant blind allegiance?
    You TROLL.

Since when was WoW not like that? Oh yeah, Vanilla <3 RIP.

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

Quote Originally Posted by Elux View Post
    You TROLL.

I personally am going to revive my account for a month after my final exams are over with so me and my best friend can relive our glory days on our twinks one last time before I go to Rift and he goes to SW:TOR.
    Halcyon Legion: now offering candy and rainbows! Also, I love writing poetry Ask!
    "When we built these dreams on sand... How they all slipped through our hands; And this might be our only chance! Let's take this one day at a time - I'll hold your hand if you hold mine... The time that we kill keeps us alive." Rise Against - Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

WoW has a community? thought it was a kindergarten....
    Last edited by Malvious; 11-17-2010 at 09:12 AM.

When you have WoW players who sincerely believe that it was the first MMO ever made, or that another game copied the idea of DRAGONS from WoW, then you know there is no hope for some people. The sad thing is, those who started playing Vanilla WoW at age 14 are almost 20 now.

Makes you weep sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    . The sad thing is, those who started playing Vanilla WoW at age 14 are almost 20 now.
    This. This. This. This. This.

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

Havent they always been brain washed fan boi's? Some of my friends are like that, wont have a bad word said about it and get all worked up about it. I played for 2 days recently after starting up again, the game sucks, if people cant see that then more fool them.

Shield of Telara

Am I the only one that sees the irony in a guy posting about an immature community and then ending his post with "Inb4"coolstorybro""?
    Riler - Future Guardian Warladin Knight
    <Pain>

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Elux View Post
    You TROLL.

This.

And every game community will be like that. Or rather, every big community that revolves around competitive activity on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Riler View Post
    Am I the only one that sees the irony in a guy posting about an immature community and then ending his post with "Inb4"coolstorybro""?
    Idk, I thought it was sarcasm D:?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinimas View Post
    This.

And every game community will be like that. Or rather, every big community that revolves around competitive activity on the internet.
    All communities which get bigger welcome more immature members, if those are welcomed to corrupt the community then yeah, RIP the whole community. STAMP DOWN THE TROLLS FAST.

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

off-topic forum was funny sometimes, but generally the forums were boring and/or full of trolls...

Quote Originally Posted by Shinimas View Post
    This.

I canít tell if you agree or disagrees with... well, anything. Are you saying elux response was what the OP was referring to? Not flaming just trying to figure out where youíre coming from.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moonpuncher View Post

Since when did WoW community turn into this ignorant blind allegiance? I forgot how insane and weird that community can be sometimes. It's a video game guys, I didn't insult your paw paw on veteran's day. I don't freak out when my friend tells me he's stopped ordering the turkey sandwich from subway even though i still like it.

Luckily, it makes me look at you all in a better light. Just when the Rift forums started to get annoying, I saw first-hand how much worse it could really be.

Inb4"coolstorybro"
    I don't know, I guess I never got people who feel a need to log into a game just to say they're leaving it.

I get leaving feedback on a games forum as to why you're not going to continue to play. It's feedback.

But going into the game to do it is pretty much an attention grab. So, gratz on getting noticed.
    Last edited by Greyform; 11-17-2010 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Menetherin View Post
    Havent they always been brain washed fan boi's? Some of my friends are like that, wont have a bad word said about it and get all worked up about it. I played for 2 days recently after starting up again, the game sucks, if people cant see that then more fool them.
    http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1..._only-Gold.jpg

No offense but I think you were kind of asking for it. Why post on a board that you're leaving WoW -- when you only reactivated your account for 7 days? Not sure what you were hoping to accomplish. People post on WoW's forum they're leaving all day long. It's a big community and some people take criticism of a game that consumes a lot of their time personally. It's a big part of their life. The characters and other players are like family to them.

Of course, forum communities in general get a little crazier the larger they get. A lot of people (especially younger people) feel they can say whatever comes to their mind under a guise of anonymity. People say some nasty things without thinking about the person on the receiving end. They have no idea (nor do they care) who that person is or what is going on in that person's life. See the rise in cyber-bullying.

As RIFT's community grows, you're going to see a lot more of stuff like this. You're going to see people who love the game and people who don't. The people who don't are going to want to make their voices heard and try to ruin it for everyone who likes the game. It's up to the moderators and forum lurkers to report offensive or inappropriate posts to keep it clean and civil.

My thoughts anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast