+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello, all! Just bought the digital CE yay!

Default Hello, all! Just bought the digital CE yay!

And I haven't even played the game yet. I've read some of the story and all of the features to best educate myself on this game before I dive in. I'm very excited for this game so far just from watching various videos.

I will say that I'm a former WoW (please don't flame) player, and though I will be comparing many components of the game to WoW, I will not be returning to that game. This post isn't intended to bash on World of Warcraft, but let me just state that since the release of Cataclysm, the game became completely boring and dull. I already have 2 85s, one in full PvP gear and I just don't like any aspect of the game. I'm a veteran there, been playing since vanilla (2005), so its not like I'm sucked into the belief that instances need to be facerolled in less than 15 minutes, but the mechanics of the game itself have become old and the same it always was.

I've been looking for something fresh to play for about a month now and RIFT has been top on my list. Unfortunately, I wasn't invited to any betas, but I still believe in this game and went ahead with the CE (digital). So, anyway, I hope to see many of you on the 15th for open beta and the 24th for head start!

Good job getting the purchase out of the way.

I'm still stuck on if I want to purchase a physical copy of the CE for the cool stuff that comes in the box, or if I'm content with just the digital copy and saving about $30.

i pre-orderd the CE at gamestop cannot wait its going to be awesome!

Narwhal Video---------------Narwhal Wiki---------------Fake Narwhal Wiki

Haha, I had a discussion with an employee at Gamestop about this. The physical CE only comes with a 128 page comic book, a mouse pad, an 8 GB Flash drive and the RIFT soundtrack. Imo, its meh, I don't use mouse pads, I'm not a comic fan, I have an 8 GB flash drive already, and I'm sure I'll hear enough of the music while I'm playing the game. So, the physical CE, for $20 more (I was told $80 for it) wasn't worth it. I definitely dig the digital stuff though and will proudly be showing off my CE mount and pet

P.S. Just canceled WoW, but I've got like a month of playtime still, so for the meantime, while no beta is up, I'm going to be giving things away to old friends.

Glad you're joining RIFT
    I'll be buying the Physical CE soon. As it's better value for money in the UK. (Not sure where you're from), definitely looking forward to playing this game some more. Maybe you can sign up for the beta and still test beta 7, It's open beta!
    If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
    and if I have a faith that can move mountains,
    but do not have love,
    I am nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Potty View Post
    Maybe you can sign up for the beta and still test beta 7, It's open beta!
    Yeah, digital pre-order comes with a VIP pass, even though there's only 1 beta left, besides the head start, that I know of. Doesn't open beta mean that generally anyone could invite themselves and test the game though? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfjr View Post
    Haha, I had a discussion with an employee at Gamestop about this. The physical CE only comes with a 128 page comic book, a mouse pad, an 8 GB Flash drive and the RIFT soundtrack. Imo, its meh, I don't use mouse pads, I'm not a comic fan, I have an 8 GB flash drive already, and I'm sure I'll hear enough of the music while I'm playing the game. So, the physical CE, for $20 more (I was told $80 for it) wasn't worth it. I definitely dig the digital stuff though and will proudly be showing off my CE mount and pet

P.S. Just canceled WoW, but I've got like a month of playtime still, so for the meantime, while no beta is up, I'm going to be giving things away to old friends.
    I want the comic book and sound track, mostly. Might just buy it online on Direct 2 drive with that 20% off deal, it really makes me want to go that route.

+ Reply to Thread