+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EQ2: Extended

Default EQ2: Extended

So I was thinking of trying this again, I mean I might as well since it's free to play, but very limited.

So what server anyone play on, and names, I would like to have some people to talk to while grindin some levels.
    Hail to the king, Baby!

Soulwalker

Default Unrest

I don't know much about the EQ2 Extended, but I am a fan if EQ2. Would be cheaper to just get full subscription if you like the game. The free to play one is far to limited. If you do play either one, my toon name is unrest.pawnz

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskanxi View Post
    So I was thinking of trying this again, I mean I might as well since it's free to play, but very limited.

So what server anyone play on, and names, I would like to have some people to talk to while grindin some levels.
    There is only one free to play server - Freeport. The server's population was very healthy at launch (when I tried it) with 10+ instances (30-50 people each) of the starting zone alone.

In my opinion, the arbitrary restrictions (like coin restrictions and even some of the gear restrictions) make the free-to-play version more of a hassle - and more expensive - than the pay-to-play version, but that's for a different thread. If you think free-to-play is for you, the server still has 3 instances (about 120+ish players I would guess) worth of players in New Halas alone - I just logged on to check, as I was curious - and the server as a whole is labeled as "Heavy" population, something only 2 of the pay-to-play servers can boast (pre-server merges at least, which are happening this week).
    Last edited by Knives; 11-16-2010 at 09:14 PM.

Im using this as a trial. If I like it I may pay for it, but since I am so bored, I felt like giving this a try.
    Hail to the king, Baby!

Play EVE online.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskanxi View Post

dont even bother with it. not worth the time.

Sit here post on everything on the forums and then play RIFT on release.

Okthanks. :')

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

Like others have said it's very limited you do not have access to even simple things like /tell you can now see chat channels but cannot participate. It is basically a single player RPG and even that is limited like bags, bank are limited to I think 2 slots. If you are going to up to a sub I would wait a couple weeks they are merging quite a few servers right now sure we will have some downtime.

Plane Touched

Don't let "extended" fool you.

Terrible game is still terrible... And now incredibly restrictive.

From what I've played, all the races that are blocked out are races i dont even play, and same with the classes. So far I like it, i logged into my 3 year old account and I had 1000 SC bucks, so i got the silver membership and am enjoying it.
    Hail to the king, Baby!

+ Reply to Thread