+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can you play more than one MMORPG at once?

Default Can you play more than one MMORPG at once?

So I'm in a pickle.

A part of me misses Final Fantasy XI. A lot. I'm highly considering returning to it- I might only use the free month that comes with the game if that's enough to make me realize why I quit in the first place, but I might really enjoy it and want to continue paying.

At the same time, Rift's coming out soon and I'm going to be playing it with my boyfriend. We both really wanted a game to play together and are both interested in Rift. I played in this past Beta and definitely liked it. I don't plan on giving it up unless I get really bored of it for whatever reason.

So what do you guys think, do I have a shot at playing 2 MMOs at once or will I end up devoting most of my attention to only one of them? I'm still not sure how I feel about paying for 2 subscriptions, so it's all up in the air. But I'd like to hear some success/failure stories!

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferendial View Post
    So what do you guys think, do I have a shot at playing 2 MMOs at once or will I end up devoting most of my attention to only one of them? I'm still not sure how I feel about paying for 2 subscriptions, so it's all up in the air. But I'd like to hear some success/failure stories!
    I would recommend that you just play one at a time. If you try to play 2 subscriptions at a time, you'll put pressure on yourself to "have to play" both whenever you can so that you're not wasting any money. It will take away social time, and you should be more relaxed playing the games rather than rushed. It's not an investment after all.

Just stick with one until you're bored of it, and switch to another. They'll always be there. Fill your other gaming time with single-player games, or something that doesn't cost recurring fees.

Soulwalker

When FFXI first came out, I was also playing NexusTK. I switch back and forth playing both at once because NexusTK doesn't require as much dedication to it as much as FFXI or WoW. At one time I also played all 3 of them at once, but deciding which one to play became a tug of war battle between WoW or FFXI for me, and unfortunately WoW won over the short time I played it. I was hooked until I got bored of it. It was a fun summer though. Now I'm only playing FFXI atm, but I will probably be playing RIFT and FFXI at the same time. RIFT by day, FFXI by night, and then RIFT some more by midnight to daybreak!

You just have to balance both game together. ATM if you're done with the new Abyssea content, there's really nothing much to do until new update, so you'll probably play that less when RIFT comes out. So most likely you'll drift away from FFXI until they release a new limit break to 95/99.

The only way I've found to play more then one MMO at once is to limit yourself. I play Aion with my gf whenever we hang out, but whenever I'm not hanging out with her I play Rift or uhh... sit on the Rift forums and wait for Rift to be up. Make some sort of condition like you will play Rift every second day with your boyfriend and FFXI without him on other days Eventually you will probably end up wanting to play one or the other but then atleast you will know which one you would rather play.

Yes, but it's better to just stick to the one you'll have more fun playing.

My general rule of thumnb is one f2p and one p2p at any one time.

F2P
    Runes of Magic

P2P
    Nothing atm, going to be RIFT on the 24th
    Last edited by Aedu; 02-07-2011 at 08:46 PM.
    AMD Phenom II 955 X4 @ 3.2 GHz, 8 Gigs of DDR3 SDRAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1 GB, 1 Terabyte Hard Drive, 23" Wide LCD Monitor, I bought this from a friend for 400 dollars...what a deal.

+ Reply to Thread