+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ffxiv

Default ffxiv

I already shared this one facebook, but ffxiv just announced this morning they're giving another 30 free days of gameplay. So far people who started the game that's 90 free days. That's a lot of money lost. This only goes to show you what an unfinished game and company will do to try and keep players. So, as much I am dying to play beta and the release of this game. Rift Devs, take your time and make this the best game possible before you give it to us!! Much rather have a gmae worth waiting for and pay for a game worth playing Love you all!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cecilia View Post
    I already shared this one facebook, but ffxiv just announced this morning they're giving another 30 free days of gameplay. So far people who started the game that's 90 free days. That's a lot of money lost. This only goes to show you what an unfinished game and company will do to try and keep players. So, as much I am dying to play beta and the release of this game. Rift Devs, take your time and make this the best game possible before you give it to us!! Much rather have a gmae worth waiting for and pay for a game worth playing Love you all!!!!
    :] Saw your FB post :P

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

Plane Touched

FFXIV is such an amazingly bad game. PCGamer published an interview the other day about what went wrong that was just so awkward that I couldn't finish it: http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/11/15/in...happy-players/

Pity, I uninstalled that game weeks ago. A significant portion of my linkshell had already quit before me. I think that was the deciding factor for me.

But 30 days..hmm If I didn't have my authenticator thingie I'd give my account away =P

Never tried it, probably better off.

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

That's what I always said, wait and make the game work properly at laucnh instead of launching some half-done game which people will just get sick of in no time.
    I've waited 1,5 years already for this game, a few months extra won't hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    That's what I always said, wait and make the game work properly at laucnh instead of launching some half-done game which people will just get sick of in no time.
    I've waited 1,5 years already for this game, a few months extra won't hurt
    Yup - I'd love a February-March launch for Rift, but if it takes even another..year (ha, won't happen, but still), and if the company can handle that, and if it stands to make more profit from it (somehow), then they can go ahead.

Still hoping for 2011 summer at the very latest, but they can take the time they need to.

Very disappointed in FFXIV, if only they waited 3-4 months and released with what they plan on implementing with these next couple of patches it could have been a decent release.

With all the crap it has taken I don't see it ever being a successful MMO. A strong release is a strong game, and with Cataclysm releasing in a couple weeks along with the announcements of Rift, Tera, and GW2 I don't see much of a future with FFXIV.

Shadowlander

i wish i could say i'm surprised that SE accomplished such an epic fail but i'm not. this was their last saving grace with me now i'm throu. i haven't enjoyed one of their games in a long while.

I rather have a 2012 release so that way I know it is ready and people that has the basic forums beta invite at least had 6 weekends to play at the least. So there is plenty of feedback and also they can publish most of their info the website and have plenty of feature to keep us entertained until the next expansion. Because I am getting tired of being disappointed with all these mmo's that come out half-a**ed and sometime unplayable. At the rate of these new mmo's failing I might give wow another try because don't think they can be any worse.
    Also check out Trion's MMORTS game here.

I want Rift to be released in 2012 Q3.

TSG was right before the launch it gave it a decent marketing push in japan
    But But it worked in Dev!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoyuki View Post
    I rather have a 2012 release so that way I know it is ready and people that has the basic forums beta invite at least had 6 weekends to play at the least. So there is plenty of feedback and also they can publish most of their info the website and have plenty of feature to keep us entertained until the next expansion. Because I am getting tired of being disappointed with all these mmo's that come out half-a**ed and sometime unplayable. At the rate of these new mmo's failing I might give wow another try because don't think they can be any worse.
    I'd hate a release that far off. >_<

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

I am so disappointed with SE and FFXIV right now. I waited forever for this release and it just was released way too early. It was an unfinished product. I have played every FF game (US released) and I have never felt so let down. Right now I'm mindlessly playing it while it's still free. It's going to take A LOT to keep me there, especially since RIFT looks so damn awesome!
    Sing and dance, I'll play for you tonight, the thrill of it all

Later on we'll all be dancing, screaming from the minarets

Quote Originally Posted by Elux View Post
    I'd hate a release that far off. >_<
    Yea but I am getting tired of disappointment from a lot of mmo's and this is actually the first mmo I am eying that I actually told friends and other ppl about and directed them to the website. I prefer not to have my rep destroyed because Trion turned Rift into a disappointment. I can wait till 2015 at the longest since I rather have them fix many of the issues I see with the game that has yet to be resolved but I think 2012 is early imho.
    Last edited by Tomoyuki; 11-17-2010 at 06:53 PM.
    Also check out Trion's MMORTS game here.

I want Rift to be released in 2012 Q3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoyuki View Post
    Yea but I am getting tired of disappointment from a lot of mmo's and this is actually the first mmo I am eying that I actually told friends and other ppl about and directed them to the website. I prefer not to have my rep destroyed because Trion turned Rift into a disappointment. I can wait till 2015 at the longest since I rather have them fix many of the issues I see with the game that has yet to be resolved but I think 2012 is early imho.
    Early?

It's been like 3-4 years.

They've had time.

I don't think they company could survive that long.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast