+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Activision/Blizzard Accounts. You now have the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by D_B View Post
    Then how did Blizzard claim 11 million subscribers when the Chinese *DID NOT HAVE* WoW available?
    When WotLK hit in the US/EU, and they claimed 11 million subscribers active... the Chinese *DID NOT HAVE WoW*.

The numbers... don't make sense.
    WoW stop releasing subscription figures by region right before the release of Wrath of the Lich King, but they did release numbers by region before that:

8 Million

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/wo...8-million-mark

Today, Blizzard has announced that World of Warcraft is played around the world by more than eight million people. Shift-one. It's also reached a significant subscriber milestone of more than 2 million players in North America, 1.5 million in Europe, and 3.5 million in China.
    2 million is 25% of 8 million.

10 Million

http://kotaku.com/347552/world-of-wa...0-million-mark

Subscriber base for Blizzard Entertainment®'s massively multiplayer online role-playing game now exceeds 2.5 million in North America, while Europe passes the 2 million mark
    2.5 million is 25% of 10 million.

Let us say the 25% ratio stays true, that means about 3 million are North American players today.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

Rift Master

What's the point of this topic? I could care less how many accounts WoW has.

Shadowlander

Reminds me of someone who looks up the facebook to their ex boy/girlfriend all the time to keep an eye on them because they are hurt and cant' get over it.

You know the guy or girl: They're really sad all the time, look like they're about to break out into tears, and every time they see a couple holding hands on the street they get angry and talk about how bad they were treated.

All while saying they just want to get over them and never hear about them ever again, they continue to bring it up or talk about it all the time.

TL;DR: Love WoW or hate it, just play the friggin' game.

Talk about soul combinations (omg, it's a variation on talent trees that WoW has, don't go there!). About how mages need to be buffed. (ogod WoW buffs things sometimes, this game isn't nothing like WoW, don't go there!), complain about PVP imbalance (OMG WoW PVP is soo imbalanced, don't go there!) or about the collector's edition perks. (WoW's CE had perks - DON'T GO THERE!)

Or whatever.

/tellin' ya how I really feel.

It doesn't add up because not every subscriber nessicarily upgraded to TBC or WOTLK.

I was one of those people.
    And then I quit.
    Trying to Install RIFT on Linux? Read my guide! Here:http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ith-Winetricks

"I don't use drugs, I am drugs."

What a stunning.. expectation
    Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlugon Pyro View Post
    I have a bottle right next to me but if attractive women looked like that I might as well be gay.

That's a great deal of effort to show that a game doing very well is *gasp* doing slightly less...really...well.

Quote Originally Posted by deehoney View Post
    9 million gold sellers and 7 guys in a basement in rancho cucamonga......
    So glad I was not drinking when I read this, I LOL'd so hard!
    PSO-Hulksmash,EQ1-Graebow Seventh Hammer,WOW-Unsubbed

Please don't create any more threads OP if this is the quality of them. Off topic area is that way. ------->

Default ?

MOMMMMMMM !

Champion of Telara

If you assume a breakdown of roughly 25% NA, 25% Europe, 50% chaina then WoW's numbers are somewhere around 5-6 million outside of Asia. This numbre is consistent with Cataclysm box sales (it must be a tiny minority of players to keep an active account without buying the expnasion given WoW's structure).

Now what does this have to do with Rift? Not very much except for the guys who say nothing can ever touch WoW. 1 million is 20% of 5 million, and a population drop like that will hurt WoW because MMORPGs are dependent on having a critical mass of players per server before people leave due to perceiving their server being dead. If WoW really had 12 million then you'd looking at an 8.5% loss and each server can absorb that, but 20% is not something even WoW can shrug off. Ironically this is something only Blizzard would care, not Trion, as Trion probably doesn't really care what MMORPG, if any, they ended up murdering to pull a million subs.

Blizzards numbers dont affect Rift. Rift will succeed if its a good game. Also advertising is not key to Rift's success but instead its word of mouth. Once the gaming community realizes Rift is a quality, fun game they will tell their gaming friends and bring them to the game

Wow and Blizzard has no effect on Rift and Trion

Oh what a fail mmo, they ONLY have 6mil players

truly trash, because 6million loyal slaves is a pathetically low number

Rift Disciple

Who cares post bc the game was and is trash, sold my account for about 450 quid.

No regrets, new suit.

Champion of Telara Hackiedoodle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Player's Who Have Left World of Warcraft

Since there isn't any public information on the number of players that have left WoW, let's look at players who have been BANNED.

Here are the official Blizzard announcements since their launch:

Mar 2005: 1,000 accounts
    Apr 2006: 5,400 accounts + 10700 suspended (Blizzard said this is the total amount banned since launch)
    May 2006: 30,000 accounts
    Jun 2006: 59,000 accounts
    Oct 2006: 76,000 accounts
    Nov 2006: 105,000 accounts
    Mar 2007: 100,000 accounts
    Apr 2007: 114,000 accounts

Blizzard was banning approximately 100,000 accounts EVERY MONTH until they abruptly stopped making announcements. It's now been 3 years since they have made any official announcements regarding player banning, even though it still continues at the same rate.

Well, of course they stopped making announcements. Nothing shakes customer and investor confidence like knowing over a million accounts per year were being bann
    I think he's wording that a funny way to make Blizzard seem horrible (I promise you, I don't like WoW anymore, and I'm no WoW fanboi).

banning 100,000 accounts a month seems impossible. The rate of the banning is increasing every month. I kinda think that the numbers aren't supposed to be the amount banned for that month, but is show how many accounts were banned total, by each month. By April of 2007, 114,000 total account were banned, and so on. Maybe he just read it wrong? I'd like to see his source otherwise.
    Krimhilde, Warrior
    Ambya, Cleric

Good read, thanks.

(6 Mil is still an awesome number of subs... not that I care about wow.)
    50 Rogue ♫

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast