+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any medicine for the heartbroken?

Unhappy Any medicine for the heartbroken?

Taking any assistance from medicinal, herbal, drinkable, speakable, palpable, punchable, and any other -al or -able source you can come up with.

Side-note/Preemptive strike: Not trolling.
    Halcyon Legion: now offering candy and rainbows! Also, I love writing poetry Ask!
    "When we built these dreams on sand... How they all slipped through our hands; And this might be our only chance! Let's take this one day at a time - I'll hold your hand if you hold mine... The time that we kill keeps us alive." Rise Against - Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Chocolate.

Time and ice cream.....maybe chocolate ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Delith View Post
    Chocolate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Time and ice cream.....maybe chocolate ice cream.
    If I was a big fan of chocolate in any other form than chocolate ice cream or Reese's cups, I'd take you up on that Delith, but chocolate isn't my thing...

Also, it's been going on 7 months of </3-ness, Mira T_T Chocolate ice cream has not availed me anything as of yet, aside from maybe an extra pound, which I suppose is a small victory.

Screw me and my all-too-caring self T_T
    Halcyon Legion: now offering candy and rainbows! Also, I love writing poetry Ask!
    "When we built these dreams on sand... How they all slipped through our hands; And this might be our only chance! Let's take this one day at a time - I'll hold your hand if you hold mine... The time that we kill keeps us alive." Rise Against - Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Actually trolling makes me feel better, you should try it =)

Some wounds never completely heal. We have to just take a deep breath and carry on, and not be defeated, and open ourselves to new avenues.
    Last edited by Mira; 11-14-2010 at 08:48 PM.

Just have to man up and not care for the next one as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Terroni View Post
    Actually trolling makes me feel better, you should try it =)
    Yeah, see, my problem is I actually give a damn about people. I am incapable of trolling; I am, however, capable of ripping people's faces off without apparent effort and probably making them piddle themselves. I have a nice little bit of volatility in me, and I do so love taking it out when people deserve it, and oh lord do I wish I was in a barfight right now. But, alas, I am unable to fulfill that desire, so I sit here, smiling to myself as my roommates know better than to get within arm's distance of me at this point.

Wondering if I should care as much as I do any more. Never seemed to avail me much but worse situations.

Quote Originally Posted by musufasa101 View Post
    Too bad caring about people is my key feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Some wounds never completely heal. We have to just to take a deep breath and carry on, and not be defeated, and open ourselves to new avenues.
    Been open to new avenues, but nothing has shown across this road but the asphalt I tread. Guess I just have to manage until I can't manage any more or till, hopefully, something else comes across. How I so look forward to a fork in the road. Feeling defeated is something I've grown used to :|
    Last edited by Kintega; 11-14-2010 at 08:41 PM.

I'm very similar to you in that regard. I've been burned so many times by caring too much. Somehow I still manage to do that, but in a lot of ways I feel numb. Alas.

Ahh, trolling isn't heartless. It helps other people find their true selves =)

What about a fun game of BFBC2? TF2 works too!

Other than that, 2 benadryls and a pillow to put your head on =)

Quote Originally Posted by Delith View Post
    I'm very similar to you in that regard. I've been burned so many times by caring too much. Somehow I still manage to do that, but in a lot of ways I feel numb. Alas.
    Finding anyone I deem worthy enough to call a "friend" is rare enough as is, let alone finding that mystical girl who seems interested in me in any real manner, seeing as I've only had her, though it lasted 2 years with... lots of complications, heh. Mostly on my part, but I'm well aware that neither party is immune to fault. So much to say about it, so little time, heh. Needless to say, even if it was one relationship as opposed to 80... I've always felt that the quality mattered more than anything else, so I speak from that, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Terroni View Post
    Ahh, trolling isn't heartless. It helps other people find their true selves =)

What about a fun game of BFBC2? TF2 works too!

Other than that, 2 benadryls and a pillow to put your head on =)
    I suck something fierce in BC2, and I enjoy watching a buddy play TF2 (I'm not that big into TF, but it is amusing to watch.) - alas, my body is seemingly immune to every medicine out there heh. I mean, it's probably used to acting subpar since the past two weeks have netted me 4 hours of sleep on average every night, but there was that one-and-a-half-month time that I got like, 5 hours the entire week... that was fun.

Too bad caring about people is my key feature.

Poor noobie, you are either a: going to harden up or b: be treated like a doormat the rest of your life.

Sorry to be blunt, but life aint fair and people are only half as nice as you think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopy View Post
    Poor noobie, you are either a: going to harden up or b: be treated like a doormat the rest of your life.

Sorry to be blunt, but life aint fair and people are only half as nice as you think they are.
    I never said I expected others to be nice; I only stated that I am the one that cares too much. And yeah, I can kinda see this all going two ways: either I become like a stone and not really feel anything or I'll just continue to feel everything way too much. Wonder which is better, lol.

Err go write yer poetry!

Speaking from experience, emotional apathy leads to a dull dull life. But hey, that's what MMOs are for!

Quote Originally Posted by musufasa101 View Post
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Terroni
    Speaking from experience, emotional apathy leads to a dull dull life.
    And this.

My advice? Nicotine, alcohol, and thc.

Women are ****ing fantastic... but women also require three things, no matter how low maintenance they might claim to be; time, money, and effort. I list them in that order, because that is imo, their order of importance. You can spend your time doing so many things... education (which leads to money), working (which leads to money), or even gaming (which costs money). However, gaming usually leads to meeting more women. I have met more women in gaming, than I have through any other social medium... that includes going to bars. Vent/Skype is your friend in discerning real boobs from pretend boobs. RL Pic threads through guilds/game forums is your friend in discerning awesome boobs from not so awesome boobs. Note though, that gaming = money, and women = money. So women + games = you being broken walleted and broken hearted.

You might think that you just care too much, and that's just who you are, and whatever. I believe you. Truthfully. At the same time, however, you have to think about yourself. What do you want to do with your life? Running around trying to pamper a woman isn't going to get you anywhere or anything. It doesn't really get you love, either. Think of all the girlfriends you've had... how many were won over with your Nice Guy Membership? Probably not many, and if that Nice Guy Membership actually meant ****, they would have stayed. Take that from a guy who is used to having women leave for their own myriad of reasons. The reasons they tell you? Hardly ever the actual reasons. The Nice Guy Membership gets you a lot of lady -friends-, but let's be serious... you either want someone to love who will love you, or you want someone to screw who will screw you. Nice Guy Membership gets you neither. Women don't sleep with you because you're nice. Women also don't love you because you're nice. They can go anywhere for a man who is nice and they can go anywhere for a man to sleep with them.

Time.
    Money.
    Effort.

Being nice and caring is not hard. Hence Effort being 3rd on the list. However, money and time, are quite significant. They almost tie for 1st. All that money spent in winning a woman over, or maintaining her good favor (even if it's something as simple as dinner, or something nice just because women love to know you were thinking about them enough to do something nice just because) is HUGE.

Take some time.

Get to know yourself.

Get to know your aspirations.

Follow those aspirations.

Women make up 51% of the human population. Finding one to like you is not going to be hard, especially if you have your Nice Guy Membership already. About that membership card... give it back. Go to your nearest Nice Guy chapter, and give them that stupid card, and tell them to go make an origami flower out of it to give to some random girl who probably won't care about it a year from now.

Being nice does not mean you have to care.

Be nice because you enjoy being nice.

Not because it gets you anything.

IT NEVER DOES.

Q: "But Jack! Nicotine, alcohol and thc all cost money! How does that fit with your Time -> Money -> Effort priority list?"

A: Simple. Whatever the vice, do it for yourself. Your time, your money, and your effort are best served when you are serving you. No one else is going to do it for you. My first question when people are all stressed out/worried/etc... "When was the last time you did something for yourself?" 95% of the time, they don't have an answer for me. When I look back on any given day, when was I most relaxed/contemplative/at peace? I had either smoked a bowl, smoked a cigarette, or had a Heineken. When I was stressed out? What cooled me off? I had either smoked a bowl, smoked a cigarette, or had a Heineken.

Q: "Does that mean indulging in all those vices is going to make me feel better?"

A: No. They won't. They will however, take your mind off it. Out of sight is not always out of mind, but out of mind can easily be accomplished by being too intoxicated and distracted to think about it. So go smoke a bowl for intoxication and play your favorite music for distraction (headphones preferably), or buy yourself some alcohol for the intoxication (wines are great, rum is great, beer is as subjective as anything else) and play some video games for your distraction. The key is pairing an intoxicant with a distracting element. Doesn't really matter on the mix. My personal favorite is going to the bar with my headphones and a book. That and my best friend, both got me through a divorce.

All that time spent caring about women, should be spent caring for yourself.

You shouldn't really be caring for anyone else, until they demonstrate that they give a **** about you regardless of what you do for them. That goes for friends and lovers both. Doesn't stop you at all from being nice to people. Working in a very high volume retail store, I am nice to people all damn day. Nice doesn't mean ****.

PS: If you are going to take up smoking things... make sure you a: smoke outside, and b: Fabreeze your winter jacket regularly. Women do not like men who smell like stale smoke. Through personal practice, I recommend Fabreeze every 3-4 weeks.
    Last edited by Slowjack; 11-15-2010 at 06:39 AM.

I am Rinleigh.
    I am Defiance.
    <3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast