+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 'wow pkayer' is the new 'noob' ?

Quote Originally Posted by dinhosaur View Post
    What exactly was that to argue against? I said it was their best selling expansion...
    I edited because I misread and put my 2 cents in on it after I re-read.

oderint dum metuant: Let them hate so long as they fear.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Put Bunny into your sig to help him
    (")_(") take over the world.

Champion

You could post a complaint about Rift being too casual and people will pop by to post "go back to WoW."

WoW-hating is ingrained in a lot of people's psyches. It doesn't have to make sense.

I had to chuckle when I saw a couple threads here today complaining about beta and Rift fanboys jumped in to say the equivalent of "l2p, baddie". Yeah, this community is so different from WoW.
    Last edited by Oxtail; 02-07-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Oxtail View Post
    You could post a complaint about Rift being too casual and people will pop by to post "go back to WoW."

WoW-hating in ingrained in a lot of peoples. It doesn't have to make sense.

I had to chuckle when I saw a couple threads here today complaining about beta and Rift fanboys jumped in to say the equivalent of "l2p, baddie". Yeah, this community is so different from WoW.
    Objective observation ftw.
    True skill comes without effort

Quote Originally Posted by pigeons View Post
    wth is with all the wow hatred?

I see a lot of people whining about 'wow players' and telling them to 'go back to wow' or whatever, but the actual amount of trolling by wow fan boys I've read in game over the beta weekend? um, like 2 people maybe?

All the wow bashing just seems like people trying impress each other. It's like they think saying people who like wow are morons makes them better players.

I'm reminded of hipsters insulting each other over embarrassing cds in each other's record collection. As if they never liked the backstreet boys or the spice girls when they were 12. Hint: no one believes you when you say your first album was the velvet underground when you were 6, and no one believes it when you say you *never* liked wow.

Let's face it - a huge percentage of us have had a wow account at some point in the last 5 years and enjoyed it (for however long).

Personally I am really excited about Rift and the beta has been fantastic. I haven't been so excited about a new MMO in forever! But I also play wow, like I'm guessing a lot of people reading this do. It's odd how the rift community is so friendly about everything except that. I feel like a social pariah? I've played it for years and my guildies are some of my best friends. I don't think wow is better then rift - it's the friends that keep me playing it.

I don't really understand why fanboys (wow or rift) insist on comparing the games. They are over six years apart. Wow launched in 2004. Thats a looong time in computer game years.

I guess what i mean is - look at us! We rp as elves or dwarfs and kill fantasy creatures in our spare time, and take it Very. Seriously. We are all Huge Nerds. None of us were cool when we were 6, and some of us still listen to the spice girls. Bashing on wow players doesn't make you cool, ppl irl will still beat you up and take your lunch money. They think we are all as dorky and lame as each other - because we are!

EMBRACE YOUR FELLOW MMORPG DORKS!

I just have a lot of feelings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUFT35S7Jb4
    You WoWzers have to be kept on a very short leash you see, otherwise if you give a WoWzer an inch he screams for ten more.

Now stand against the wall while Olga the 350 prison guard does a full body cavity search on you for WoW contra band, she'll give you 10 inches alright
    Last edited by TerminusEst; 02-07-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Flim View Post
    WoW is popular.

When something becomes popular, it's no longer cool to like it. People -- especially the ones who used to play/buy/be fans -- like to show how cool, individual and anti-establishment they are... by jumping right on the bandwagon and spewing vitriol along with all the other free-thinking non-conformists.
    This. I blame ridiculously bad movies like "Fight Club" for the latest generation of this mindset.

Soulwalker

<- wow player for years and still am.

What might contribute to the hassle, is that WoW is very accesable and playable for younger players. Like 13y olds, who are in general not very quiet gamers but will be be very present in chats etc. Personally, I hope it will take a while before Rift gets infested with this disease. Since there's nothing positive about it.
    In vanilla you did an instance with a group and it was fun. Now a lot of people do their best to avoid playing with random people because the chances that it'll be a bad experience are quite big.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6