+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 'wow pkayer' is the new 'noob' ?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MrTastix View Post
    Blizzard didn't make the trolls, they made a game. Did that game spawn trolls? Yes, but so did EverQuest. Trolls have existed for a long time, long before people slapped the word "troll" to their name, before the term troll we would have just called them *******s and left it at that.

People call World of Warcraft players "elitist", well I'm sorry that I like to know how to play the games I play, I'm sorry that you think I'm "elitist" because I have a deep understanding of the games I play. Do you think I will be any less "elitist" when Rift comes out?

I'm not elitist, you are for calling me that. People throw the term around but have no idea what it actually means, so let me teach you:

e·lit·ism

1. practice of or belief in rule by an elite.
    2. consciousness of or pride in belonging to a select or favoured group.

Those who call others elitist are merely showing their own elitism. You think you're better than me because you don't play WoW or any other MMO? Here's a newsflash for you: You're not. Far from it, in fact. That's not me being elitist - because I don't think I'm better than you - that's me telling the truth.

When WoW first came out people compared it to EverQuest. Why? Because that was the most popular MMO on the market at the time. People compare new MMOs to WoW because it's the most popular MMO of it's time.

When the next-big-thing comes out and topples WoW over (no, I don't think it'll be Rift, I think it will be a real next-gen MMO and Rift is not "next-gen") then people might start comparing new MMOs to that.

Are you going to call them elitist, too?
    One thing people should notice is that you never see top players worrying about elitism
    True skill comes without effort

Quoted from the WoW forums

How is this concept too difficult to understand? So many threads asking for easier ways to get VP when you do not need them if you are not doing the content that drops them.* Capiche?

Before you ask for a non-raiding way to get VPs*, just ask yourself this, "Why do I want them?" If the only reason you want VPs is to buy epic gear so you can look cool around Org or SW, then there is something wrong with this scenario.

If you are NOT raiding, heroic drops, JP vendor loot and rep items are MORE than enough for what you need. If anything, by the time you get those items, you are actually rather overgeared. If you REALLY just want shiny epics for the sake of it, then there are a TON of BoE raid drops available in trade chat and on the AH everyday.

Want to look cool in Org? Go farm old school set pieces or something.

*READ THAT PART KTHNX
    That is the attitude of the current WoW player, that is why I don't like the WoW community, the game USED to be great then that type of attitude came in and then Cata hit that was the end for me, sure the person might not be raiding but maybe they just want gear cuz who knows they MIGHT pug a raid or 2.

oderint dum metuant: Let them hate so long as they fear.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Put Bunny into your sig to help him
    (")_(") take over the world.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Quoted from the WoW forums

That is the attitude of the current WoW player, that is why I don't like the WoW community, the game USED to be great then that type of attitude came in and then Cata hit that was the end for me, sure the person might not be raiding but maybe they just want gear cuz who knows they MIGHT pug a raid or 2.
    Impressive you were able to find 13 million subscribers that all share the same attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughter View Post
    I was turned down by a guild (won't name them) for not having enough MMO experience. I spent 7 years healing for a guild top of the server and even a little bit of the 7 years healing for a guild that was in the World top 100 in Burning Crusade.

I have also played Aion, AoC, Warhammer, STO and a few others. (Not as much as WoW but I still played them off and on)

Now I know a lot of people hate WoW but not every WoW player is terrible, immature, a child, or a troll. But honestly to be turned down by a guild because I had WoW in my gaming history. It is really sad.

Judge a player before you judge their gaming history you may be suprised in the quality you get that way.
    Yeah that sucks. Some of the Anti-WoW guys are hard to get along with...what I find funny is I have a friend on DAoC who while playing DAoC states that he doesn't play WoW and is so against those who do. However, on any given friday, we can find this dude playing WoW.
    I can see the experience that you have as far as the PVE elements of the game that you may have. To be quite honest, I wouldn't join a guild this early prior to release anyway unless its a guild that you are familiar with. Most people dont realy know the classes very well yet some might say they do but they don't. Just stay patient and wait until release or the headstart and then chose but you have been around you already know all of that. The only guild type I could see you having an issue with are the DAoC zerg type guilds and I'm not sure Zurgs work in this game....

Plane Walker

WoW is popular.

When something becomes popular, it's no longer cool to like it. People -- especially the ones who used to play/buy/be fans -- like to show how cool, individual and anti-establishment they are... by jumping right on the bandwagon and spewing vitriol along with all the other free-thinking non-conformists.

q.v. Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, Metallica, Google, sellout, "I used to like them but..."

Plus WoW opened up the MMO genre to hundreds of thousands of ultra-casual players who really are clueless, so that could be it too.

Quote Originally Posted by dinhosaur View Post
    Impressive you were able to find 13 million subscribers that all share the same attitude.
    They have 12 million supposedly, not 13 million, and if you ever played WoW and looked in trade chat or browse their forums, yeah it is that mentality.

(\__/)

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skovas View Post
    Yeah that sucks. Some of the Anti-WoW guys are hard to get along with...what I find funny is I have a friend on DAoC who while playing DAoC states that he doesn't play WoW and is so against those who do. However, on any given friday, we can find this dude playing WoW.
    I can see the experience that you have as far as the PVE elements of the game that you may have. To be quite honest, I wouldn't join a guild this early prior to release anyway unless its a guild that you are familiar with. Most people dont realy know the classes very well yet some might say they do but they don't. Just stay patient and wait until release or the headstart and then chose but you have been around you already know all of that. The only guild type I could see you having an issue with are the DAoC zerg type guilds and I'm not sure Zurgs work in this game....
    True. It would just come down to finding a good server with a good community and a big amount of people to be able to pick from.

Prophet of Telara

They have 12 million supposedly, not 13 million, and if you ever played WoW and looked in trade chat or browse their forums, yeah it is that mentality.
    Last I checked it was 13million... but hey that's just according to blizzard themselves what would they know...

But this ties into another point, the perpetuation of misinformation pertaining to wow itself.

Anyone can find some embarrassing post on the wow general forums, paste it here, and go "haha lol wow newbs are so newb" but that doesn't summarize the whole community.
    Last edited by dinhosaur; 02-07-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flim View Post
    WoW is popular.

When something becomes popular, it's no longer cool to like it. People -- especially the ones who used to play/buy/be fans -- like to show how cool, individual and anti-establishment they are... by jumping right on the bandwagon and spewing vitriol along with all the other free-thinking non-conformists.

q.v. Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, Metallica, Google, sellout, "I used to like them but..."

Plus WoW opened up the MMO genre to hundreds of thousands of ultra-casual players who really are clueless, so that could be it too.
    No I like Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, Metallica, and Google, I dislike WoW now because the community went to hell, the game went easy mode everytime someone whines they nerf something, the classes got homogenized and the devs stopped caring about anything but the money.

Last I checked it was 13million... but hey that's just according to blizzard themselves what would they know...

But this ties into another point, the perpetuation of misinformation pertaining to wow itself.
    They said they hit 12 million, and they don't factor in multi-boxers etc. so it is probably much less than that too.

oh and here's a link to it............http://www.warcry.com/news/view/1041...yers-Worldwide
    Last edited by Seefer; 02-07-2011 at 12:21 PM.

(\__/)

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

WoW use to be fun. It use to have an amazing community. That all ended at the end of Burning Crusade.

Prophet of Telara

No I like Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, Metallica, and Google, I dislike WoW now because the community went to hell, the game went easy mode everytime someone whines they nerf something, the classes got homogenized and the devs stopped caring about anything but the money.

They said they hit 12 million, and they don't factor in multi-boxers etc. so it is probably much less than that too.

oh and here's a link to it............http://www.warcry.com/news/view/1041...yers-Worldwide
    That was october prior to cataclysm launch ;P

That was october prior to cataclysm launch ;P
    Dude, another million people didn't subscribe to WoW because of a crap expansion, hell only 5 million copies of it sold! I swear you follow me around on this forum just to troll and be an idiot.

(\__/)

Prophet of Telara

Dude, another million people didn't subscribe to WoW because of a crap expansion, hell only 5 million copies of it sold! I swear you follow me around on this forum just to troll and be an idiot.
    You've got to be kidding... ONLY sold 5 million copies? Lol it is the best selling expansion to date.

And the world does not revolve around you... it's pretty simple, blizzard is publicly traded... you can see their reports...

I don't like the perpetuation of misinformation regardless of who it comes from.

Just look at your biased view on this matter... trying to play down the huge success that is cataclysm, just cause it is WOW:cataclysm.

Bottom line: You can't summarize all wow players based on one post on the wow general forums... you can argue against that all you want, but you will still be wrong.
    Last edited by dinhosaur; 02-07-2011 at 12:32 PM.

You've got to be kidding... ONLY sold 5 million copies? Lol it is the best selling expansion to date.

And the world does not revolve around you... it's pretty simple, blizzard is publicly traded... you can see their reports...

I don't like the perpetuation of misinformation regardless of who it comes from.

Just look at your biased view on this matter... trying to play down the huge success that is cataclysm, just cause it is WOW:cataclysm.

Bottom line: You can't summarize all wow players based on one post on the wow general forums... you can argue against that all you want, but you will still be wrong.
    No it doesn't revolve around me but when people flood the forums about the community and people see it every day we CAN say about it, and no I wasn't talking crap about their sales, I was pointing out that they do NOT have 12 million INDIVIDUAL subscribers they have LESS.
    Last edited by Seefer; 02-07-2011 at 12:49 PM.

(\__/)

Prophet of Telara

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...es.html?110110

Bottom Line.....you still don't know a damn thing
    What exactly was that to argue against? I said it was their best selling expansion...

No it doesn't revolve around me but when people flood the forums about the community and people see it every day we CAN say about it, and no I wasn't talking crap about their sales, I was pointing out that they do NOT have 12 million INDIVIDUAL subscribers they have LESS.
    The revolving around you was in response to you thinking I pay special attention to your posts... lol, i've never mentioned how many individual subscribers they have, it doesn't matter if someone has multiple accounts, it is still an active account that is paid for.

Every game has people with multiple accounts.
    Last edited by dinhosaur; 02-07-2011 at 12:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast