+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What the hell is a wow clone?

Telaran

Default What the hell is a wow clone?

I'm old but no that old, 35 and have been playing mmo's since UO/EQ and as far as I'm concerned every thing is a clone of those games especialy EQ wich was the first mmo to feature 3d environments . Sure technolgy and improved concepts have changed over the decade but its all the same crap still. It's sad how so many ill informed gamers exsist in the world and think all mmo's were created around wow.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by burn229 View Post
    I'm old but no that old, 35 and have been playing mmo's since UO/EQ and as far as I'm concerned every thing is a clone of those games especialy EQ wich was the first mmo to feature 3d environments . Sure technolgy and improved concepts have changed over the decade but its all the same crap still. It's sad how so many ill informed gamers exsist in the world and think all mmo's were created around wow.
    I've got a few years on you.. all these youngsters know nothing but WoW sadly..

Ascendant

Basically it is a concept that these noobs who started playing MMOs with WoW have come up with.
    Last edited by winterfall; 02-06-2011 at 10:30 AM.

wow was an MMO???!!! i thought it was a console game with a keyboard to yell at people with!

i cringe when i hear "hardcore gamer" old school", and "WoW" in the same post lol

i dont think that WoW fanboys really know what an MMO is, because theyve never actually played one. theyre just ignorant and dont know any better.
    Last edited by Vmaxgamer; 02-06-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    when i first started playing computer MMOs i didnt get picked on because noone knew what it was!

See it this way: at least in UO/EQ/DAOC we did not had to deal with that WoW generation who have no respect for other players, seems to survive on drama and trolling and have no idea what a real mmo community is =) (ok not all WoW players are like that, just too many).

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by burn229 View Post
    WOW just vastly improved anything those two games did. I played EQ, its completely terrible next to WOW. Blizzard has been the only company who has truly invigorated the genre... which is why its refereed to all the time.

Soulwalker

Rift is a wow clone.

The amount of theft is staggering. I can't enjoy the game because every two seconds I say "20 seconds to logout, just like WoW." or "5 bag slots, just like wow" or "Rogues use combo points that total 5, JUST LIKE WOW." the details that they copied from wow is a real shame, as I was looking forward to a unique AAA MMO, but I guess i will have to wait.
    Last edited by Einsof; 02-06-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Einsof View Post
    Rift is a wow clone.

The amount of theft is staggering. I can't enjoy the game because every two seconds I say "20 seconds to logout, just like WoW." or "5 bag slots, just like wow" the details that they copied from wow is a real shame, as I was looking forward to a unique AAA MMO, but I guess i will have to wait.

The account settings are set up just like wow... The quests in Rift aren't nearly as interesting or compelling as WOW. EQ... god it was sooo bad.

EQ/UO/Daoc <---------------------------------------Differences------------------------------------------------------------> WoW<---->Rift

Note how far each game is apart.
    Last edited by Aurelie; 02-06-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by jmahlon View Post
    WOW just vastly improved anything those two games did. I played EQ, its completely terrible next to WOW. Blizzard has been the only company who has truly invigorated the genre... which is why its refereed to all the time.
    Their "improvements" destroyed the term community & also created a glut of people at max level who had absolutely no clue how to play their classes..

IMHO Blizzard DESTROYED the MMORPG Genre & set it back alot.. Now what most companies want to do is copy WoW instead of innovate which has hurt the development of the Genre

IMHO EQ was 10x the MMO that WoW can or will ever be....
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Plane Touched

The account settings are set up just like wow... The quests in Rift aren't nearly as interesting or compelling as WOW. EQ... god it was sooo bad.
    Indeed, there were no logouts or bags in the first generation mmos...oh wait.

WoW, a community where everyone can be a ******bag without consequences, where everyone can get epics, where combat is button mashing fest instead of strategy, where 10 people together is a raid instead of 70+, where no one knows each other, where grouping is just a means to an end, not a social activity, where every item is colour coded because people are too stupid to read, where quest NPC need green !!!!!! above their heads because otherwise people start to whine they can't find them, where everyone looks like a clown with shoulderpads the size of an Airbus 360 wing..

Yeah, WoW really improved on EQ.../faceroll
    Last edited by Aurelie; 02-06-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelie View Post
    EQ/UO/Daoc <---------------------------------------Differences------------------------------------------------------------> WoW<---->Rift

Note how far each game is apart.
    ^This. Perfect depiction of the worlds MMO's.
    Tranquility - A Pie loving Guild.
    Your thoughts, your actions, your very form; mine to do with as I see fit.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    Their "improvements" destroyed the term community & also created a glut of people at max level who had absolutely no clue how to play their classes..

IMHO Blizzard DESTROYED the MMORPG Genre & set it back alot.. Now what most companies want to do is copy WoW instead of innovate which has hurt the development of the Genre

IMHO EQ was 10x the MMO that WoW can or will ever be....

No. EQ sucked. And no that is not true about people not knowing how to play their class... Sounds like your one of the elitists that ruined WOW's community? Simple= Gearscore, and cross realm dungeon finder. You will not find a game with as compelling a storyline or lore as WOW, their quests are way better than this game. Here I'm gathering and killing... just like boring EQ. At least in WOW they tried to find new an innovative ways to quest, and manage to make every quest hub seem important and motivating.
    Last edited by jmahlon; 02-06-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Ascendant

No. EQ sucked.
    Enlighten me more about the reasons for your opinion..

Barely posting the minimum amount of chars in a post without any concrete argument to back it up doesn't make you look any better..

might i refer you to... http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast