+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: how much does your toon mirror you?

Default how much does your toon mirror you?

So as i sit at the office eating my lunch i began to wonder how much do our in game toons mirror who we are in RL?
    Do we make alts to relex all side of us and we dont know it?
    Do we play class that lend to our weak side or strong side in life?
    How many of us use the MMO to vent what needs venting in us?

just some thoughts that where running though my pea-size brian while i firm up my plans on taking over the world with my beer can robot, i mean i cant mess it up more then the ones paid not too!

Have an ale or two.

If I had been born 150-200 (or more) years ago I'm sure I would've been an explorer, so in that sense my character is like me.

In fact, the famous explorer Georg Wilhelm Steller was the brother of one of my ancestors (my great grandmother was a Steller, and Georg was her great-great-great uncle).
    Last edited by Slyde; 11-09-2010 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyde View Post
    If I had been born 150-200 (or more) years ago I'm sure I would've been an explorer, so in that sense my character is like me.
    I agree. Since I was a child my imagination always ran wild with thoughts of adventuring or mystical ideas. Without a doubt I would have been an adventurer of some sort.

I think I certainly mirror my toons after who I am or at least on who I want to be; I think its unavoidable for most people for that to happen.

Well, since I like to play melee healers and tanks it's kind of funny to see how I'm always helping out others. As far as the adventure angle goes I can honestly say I've seen Rome, Spain and a dozen other countries, either as an explorer or a conqueror. Really wish I had conquered Rome if just to get some traffic laws going there...

Guess I'm a good bit like my toon, sometimes I do let the badside out and do a rogue type toon....

Games just dont let me capture the awesome that is my beer gut.
    Last edited by Smoopy; 11-09-2010 at 08:50 PM.

I either play a ranged class (preferably if they use longbows/shortbows as opposed to other ranged weaponry), rarely a heavy-armored class as a dps spec, but more often I play a healing class. I tend to behave like a guardian for some people in real life, and my intended profession will be essentially looking out for people's well being, so it fits for me that my most well-versed class is a healer, followed by an archer of some sort (I have some archery experience, and loved it when I was able to expand upon it.).
    Halcyon Legion: now offering candy and rainbows! Also, I love writing poetry Ask!
    "When we built these dreams on sand... How they all slipped through our hands; And this might be our only chance! Let's take this one day at a time - I'll hold your hand if you hold mine... The time that we kill keeps us alive." Rise Against - Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

It lets me be someone else, but all still have a basic sensability that's still me....but there are so many mes

for the most part my toons are only half of me, i love to create new things so i like creating items in game , i like seeing how different the look of the games is and how they differ from the competition, i do like rangers a lot and that's because i like bow hunting and archery. (tanks are starting to grow on me)

LOl i play RPGS to not play me. Im a fat lazy person IRL and my chars are usually always females that are Melee dpers, healers, or Casters. If i was in the medieval period id prolly be some peasant not a hero.

My toon can shoot fire.
    I cant.
    My toon can teleport with a spell called Flicker
    I cant.
    My toon can use magic.
    I cant.
    My toon is a dwarf.
    I'm not.
    My toons hair is gray.
    Mine isnt.
    My toon wears a dress.
    I dont.
    My toons name is Matongwae.
    My name is Alex.
    My toon has a religion.
    I dont.

My toon doesnt reflect me at all.

In some ways, yes.. It's hard to create a characters (especially in roleplay) that do not have some of your traits.

But I firmly stand by the fact that I have never been blue, had pointy ears or carried a broadsword.

In some ways, yes.. It's hard to create a characters (especially in roleplay) that do not have some of your traits.

But I firmly stand by the fact that I have never been blue, had pointy ears or carried a broadsword.
    thats a shame, i have a chain mail tong and sword you can barrow. i stoled it from the btch antonia bayle

have an ale!

It's a rare MMO that would allow a character to look as awesome as me.

I do tend to behave like I would in real life...if there were no consequences. Luckily the possible consequences of any action in real life prevents me from doing anything noteworthy

I think my main characters tend to mirror me a lot. On EQ2 my main is a Kerran (I love cats) healer/dpser hybrid. Soloing you get the best of both worlds, killing and staying alive to do it. In groups and raids you are in the middle. By that I mean helping to kill the mobs, but also helping to keep your friends up too. In RL I'm kind of like that. I don't really want to be on the front lines, but I don't want to be hiding in the back letting others do all the fighting either. In the middle is a good place to be.

That being said I do have alts that allow me to try out the other sides of things. The mindless killing of tanking is great, as well as sneaking up behind things and doing the back-stabby thing of the rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopy View Post
    Games just dont let me capture the awesome that is my beer gut.
    You might have found the original graphics for the Ogre in EQ suitable ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast