+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite MMO

Default Favorite MMO

What is your favorite MMO?

Id have to say ... WoW ... before WotLK .. BC was the best experiance ive ever had in my life with MMOs, people always seem to say that Vanilla was best. But really? You guys seem to forget, vanilla sucked, AVs took forver, would you really want to play 12+ hours for 1 battleground? 40 man raids were a pain in the ***. Only like 2 guilds per server could actually do them, due to the lack of geared people. It also was very frusterating to set up a 40 man raid. Temple of Ahn Qiraj was impossible before the nerf, and just in general, PvP was a pain with the ranks.

BC had everything going for it. Arena, Flying Mounts, good zones, good raids. (best raiding experiance in wow, except for Ulduar, which is the only good WotLK raid). Greatly improved PvP... it was great. They introduced heroic dungeons, which rocked too. And all the armor sets looked AWESOME.

Wotlk introducted Death Knights, which i dont mind, the DK hate has finally passed. But, most of the zones in WotLK are boring. Ulduar was arguably one of the best raids in WoW, especially with hard mode. Algalon (i think) is considered by a lot of hardcore raiders as the hardest fight ever POSSIBLE (ahn qiraj was pretty much impossible pre nerf) in WoW. It also had great lore. But the rest was just boring. Honestly, did that have to copy and paste Naxx back again? *sigh* As for PvP, at least people stopped afk-ing in arenas, the PvP armor looked different than the PvE armor.. yay. But all the new battlegrounds sucked, nobody likes vehicles in battlegrounds. Wintergrasp used to be cool because it wasnt instanced, it was open world pvp, then they ruined the whole idea of it by instancing it. ToC was the worst raid.. no trash or nothin.. just sit there killing bosses.

Whats your fav MMO and why? (you dont have to add as much detail as me)

My favorite MMO is ForumWarriors
    So much to do, so little time. We must get to work! Zathras! Zathras! Grrr, never around when he is needed!

Plane Touched

I don't know how he does it so successfully. Perhaps it's the small spelling errors thrown in that emphasize it. This man is the most successful troll of all time.
    His best thread ever started with:
    Quote Originally Posted by iAmDeathSpank View Post
    I have the last post for each topic under "Rift News & Discussion". I bet i am the first one in the history of these forums to do this

I would have to say UO.

There is no other game, that has all the things you can do in it.

If you mean of the games, that, we are playing atm... uhm then its a bit hard to say for me, because, i'm not playing any.

Tho, i am in a few beta's, but, thats not the same as playing a released game.

Btw, about the game WoW, i did think about going back to it..... yea yea, i know what your gonna say
    I have been saying so much about, that, i was retired from wow ect.. but, after i seen lots of vids from "TotalHalibut" it makes me wanna rejoin it, but, not to play all my 80s. No, to start all over again from scratch instead.

The only thing that could "save" my sry azz, would prolly be Rift game or Tera or if my new comp broke down

If you don't know who that guy is, then look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpdLs...eature=related before you watch it, crank up your sound and get a good chair.
    I always laugh when i hear his voice in the vids.

Hope its ok to link youtube vid in the off-topic section
    Games that i have played:
    -UO-Archlord-DDO-Vanguard-MxO-Eq-Eq2-GW-WoW-CoH-CoV-RF Online-PWI-SWG-Shaiya-AoC-Neocron-WAR-Aion-
    Some of them from beta & others also to they shut the game down like MxO and Archlord.

Telaran

Everquest1

Despite all the problems still Age of Conan, innovative combat, breath taking graphics, incridble art work and the best Soundtrack ive came acrross in a game.

Doctor!

Havw an ale!

Plane Touched

Vanguard and WoW.

It WAS EQ2 until the devs decided to be ******s with f2p. I'm actually fine with f2p so long as its done right, or I wouldn't play LOTRO. I am NOT fine with devs repeatedly not answering questions about it for weeks on end, and then deleting any posts that say anything negative about it in any way.

Everything about EQ2 was almost exactly the way I like it. Not any other reason. There's a few things I would have changed but nothing big.

Now, I'd like to boot all the current devs in the rear.

I think we should just take the warning labels off of everything and let evolution do it's work. Weed out the stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by moirae View Post
    It WAS EQ2 until the devs decided to be ******s with f2p. I'm actually fine with f2p so long as its done right, or I wouldn't play LOTRO. I am NOT fine with devs repeatedly not answering questions about it for weeks on end, and then deleting any posts that say anything negative about it in any way.

Everything about EQ2 was almost exactly the way I like it. Not any other reason. There's a few things I would have changed but nothing big.

Now, I'd like to boot all the current devs in the rear.
    I feel the same way, it also seems like the devs don't care anymore, and they are just trying to make all the money they can off of it, 'tis sad really, it was a great game for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcnova View Post
    I feel the same way, it also seems like the devs don't care anymore, and they are just trying to make all the money they can off of it, 'tis sad really, it was a great game for quite some time.
    It is sad. I was actually quite upset over it, and I don't generally get that way about games.

I think that its all become about money. It used to be about more than that. I'm so sick to death of the greed rife in this country.

I think we should just take the warning labels off of everything and let evolution do it's work. Weed out the stupid people.

Plane Touched

DAoC all the way.

EQ1.

Beyond that I cannot say.

I'm hoping it will be Rift.

Edit: typo correction
    Last edited by Delith; 11-09-2010 at 02:39 PM.

vanilla wow
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Everquest but I was a huge fan of Earth & Beyond.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast