+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: Why the hate?

  1. #1
    Sword of Telara iAmDeathSpank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Uranus, Milky Way
    Posts
    893

    Default Why the hate?

    For every thread i post, theres always some people that start hating on me, i dont know why, honestly, ive never done anything, so what if i posted a lot of threads? I try to thank Trion for participating in the podcasts, but then they just start being negative, even if im being positive. I hope all the community aint like this.

    PS: This is 600th Off Topic thread.

  2. #2
    kz-
    kz- is offline
    Rift Disciple kz-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Where polar bears reside.
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iAmDeathSpank View Post
    For every thread i post, theres always some people that start hating on me, i dont know why, honestly, ive never done anything, so what if i posted a lot of threads? I try to thank Trion for participating in the podcasts, but then they just start being negative, even if im being positive. I hope all the community aint like this.

    PS: This is 600th Off Topic thread.
    You really are something.

  3. #3
    General of Telara luci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Seems like people aren't a fan of you making so many threads. I myself am indifferent, just saying what I notice. *shrug*

    Computer: Massive sexy beast that rocks your socks off

  4. #4
    Champion Sals's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Who cares who hates on you, do what makes you happy and don't worry.

    I'm sick of people thinking it is ok to put others down because they don't agree.

    He is a tip. If you don't like what you see on TV; don't watch it, radio; don't listen, online forums; go read another thread.
    Coda Rocklift Bard
    It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.

  5. #5
    General of Telara luci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sals View Post
    Who cares who hates on you, do what makes you happy and don't worry.

    I'm sick of people thinking it is ok to put others down because they don't agree.

    He is a tip. If you don't like what you see on TV; don't watch it, radio; don't listen, online forums; go read another thread.
    *claps* I completely agree

    Computer: Massive sexy beast that rocks your socks off

  6. #6
    Plane Touched Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MMO Capitol of the World
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iAmDeathSpank View Post
    For every thread i post, theres always some people that start hating on me, i dont know why, honestly, ive never done anything, so what if i posted a lot of threads? I try to thank Trion for participating in the podcasts, but then they just start being negative, even if im being positive. I hope all the community aint like this.

    PS: This is 600th Off Topic thread.
    Simply put, it is basic human nature. Tear others down to elevate yourself, make yourself look dominant and superior. At least that is the underlying psychological mentality. These recent US elections are strong evidence that it has some basis in fact. Make others look bad, weak, distrustful, while saying nothing about yourself. if done in an anonymous manner an opponent can be impacted by such attacks, and you indirectly will gain favor.

    It manifests itself in all parts of our life, and essentially derives from the deep-rooted human urge to procreate which means making ones self most attract to females. Making ones self the alpha male or pack leader.

    Additionally, insecure teenies that are striving for acceptance and affirmation, and become very active in the simply world of forums where they can be anyone largely without repercussions..
    Common activities include over-posting, using crude vulgar language for shock value, professing to imagined feats of greatness, incessant non-stop talking/posting driven by insecurities, an inflated opinion of others perception of them.

    These activities are hugely magnified in an anonymous venue, where bullying can occur largely without the threat of penalty. Thus the most immature and repressed find motivation to denigrate, lie and demean.

    Bottom line, if you have some fanciful idea your post count says anything about you other then you have little or no life outside web pages, you are deluding yourself. Seek help.
    Last edited by Zarathustra; 11-08-2010 at 08:39 AM.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Chronox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Herning, Denmark
    Posts
    203

    Default

    I cant really see the problem either. I dont care if people hate on others if they dont badmouth each other on a public forum. Should be room for everyone - however - it might be another matter if someone put alot of useless garbage, reposts and scams in the forums.
    Etc.
    HiYalll come play travian, just use my link travian.com/Iwantfreepointstogainadvantageoverothers.
    This does not seem to be the case yet, otherwise those threads slipped my eyes.

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara Martie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Okay, I've seen a couple of you threads created by you, like "Pie vs Cake", "Cat vs Dog", "IGN vs Gamespot", "Asian vs Westen MMOs", "I feel enlighted" and your most recent threads "If you have beta key, answer this" and this actual thread, that should win some price, "Why the hate?"

    Oh yes, why the hate? Could it be because since you joined, 16 days ago, you've created 32 threads? Where most of them is just non sense? Okay I mean, a thread like "Pie vs Cake", "Cat vs Dog", "IGN vs Gamespot", "Asian vs Westen MMOs"(Pick one).. If it would be possible to get a poll up about it, you might actually get some statistics out of it, now you just get a few people saying "cats", a few people saying "dogs" and a few people saying "stop making useless threads".

    "If you have a beta key, answer this". The big question we've all been wondering.
    Will you post PvP videos? Thats all i want.
    With a reply from yourself the same minute
    PvP videos as in Warfronts ... not open world, sorry should have been more specific
    So PvP videoes wasn't "all you wanted", you wanted warfront videos.. So instead of editing your post to
    Will you post PvP videos? Thats all i want. Videos as in warfronts, not open world.
    you figured it would be better to post another one.



    If we skip the "vs" threads and move on to... Uhm, "I feel enlighted" thread where you say:
    I have the last post for each topic under "Rift News & Discussion"

    I am god. (and DeathSpank)

    I bet i am the first one in the history of these forums to do this

    /flex
    With a reply from youself 1 minute later
    Oh, the time was 11:11 PM when i did it
    Oh yes, how could anyone get annoyed by this? I suppose all those replies that you just made was well thought about which added some value to the actual thread? yes? Big grats to you, I have to say.


    Could people hate you because in half of your threads you actually get the first post aswell? So you create your thread, read it through and figures "Hey, what an interesting thread. I should answer this". And you do.


    Could it be because sometimes you post short comments, aimed at different people 3-4 posts right after each other? Instead of just making them into one post?


    And the most recent one, a thread about members hate towards you. If you havn't figures that out already, by endless amount of people saying "Stop making useless threads", "Edit your posts instead", "Stop spamming" then you seriously should take a break and just to sit down and re-read this post a couple of times, and figure out if there's anything you might be able to change, since some people are actually getting upset by it.

    So here's a tip for you: Before you create a thread, post a reply or whatever you do, take some seconds to read it through once(Maybe twice would be good) and think for another couple of seconds "Have I added everything I want", "Is there anything more I'm wondering about" before you actually decide to post your thread/post. AND EVEN after that, if you remember "Ah, I wanted to add something!" then go ahead and use the EDIT BUTTON, instead of posting another post.


    That's atleast some of the reasons why I dislike you.

    PS.(Oh yes, I edited my post. Note the "Last edited by Martie" below) This thread is actually not that bad when I think about it.
    Last edited by Martie; 11-08-2010 at 10:47 AM.

  9. #9
    Sword of Telara iAmDeathSpank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Uranus, Milky Way
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Martie, most of my threads have been created this weekend when i had nothing else to do. If you dont like my threads, dont read them, im just tryin to get involved with the community, you know?

    And, yes, i understand you, everybody should hate me for making comments on my own posts. Its just horrible. I dont know how people stand it.
    Last edited by iAmDeathSpank; 11-08-2010 at 12:35 PM.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Maeloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    7,617

    Default

    Because a forum is not a chat room.

  11. #11
    General of Telara luci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iAmDeathSpank View Post
    Martie, most of my threads have been created this weekend when i had nothing else to do. If you dont like my threads, dont read them, im just tryin to get involved with the community, you know?

    And, yes, i understand you, everybody should hate me for making comments on my own posts. Its just horrible. I dont know how people stand it.
    I don't know if you are under the impression that the more posts you have, the better the chance you have at getting into beta. I saw this earlier so I apologize if I am wrong. So yes they said that having posts are important but when questioned about this abi stated that it is not about the number of posts, instead it is about the quality of them. Now I don't care what you post about, but the devs do read the posts to determine if the info is constructive and what not. That being said, if you are posting a lot to just get your post count up for a chance at beta I suggest stopping as it will not help. However if you do it cause you are bored or any other reason go right ahead and keep it up.
    Last edited by luci; 11-08-2010 at 01:29 PM.

    Computer: Massive sexy beast that rocks your socks off

  12. #12
    Plane Walker Taldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Because a forum is not a chat room.
    This.

    A public discussion forum is not meant to be used as a personal twitter account. People dont like you for the same reason they dont like people who send them spam email. Sure they can just ignore the spam, but its still annoying.
    - Lord Taldier


    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
    - Nietzsche

  13. #13
    Sword of Telara iAmDeathSpank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Uranus, Milky Way
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luci View Post
    I don't know if you are under the impression that the more posts you have, the better the chance you have at getting into beta. I saw this earlier so I apologize if I am wrong. So yes they said that having posts are important but when questioned about this abi stated that it is not about the number of posts, instead it is about the quality of them. Now I don't care what you post about, but the devs do read the posts to determine if the info is constructive and what not. That being said, if you are posting a lot to just get your post count up for a chance at beta I suggest stopping as it will not help. However if you do it cause you are bored or any other reason go right ahead and keep it up.
    Everybody assumes i want to get into the beta, why? Id rather play the retail game, not ruin it for myself in the beta.

  14. #14
    Shield of Telara Smoopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Post what you like. It doesnt concern me.
    What concerns me is when the forum warriors bump useless threads instead of just letting them fall off the front page in 20 minutes. This forum gets a massive amount of posts/threads, a useless topic would be gone in minutes if the forum warriors would let them.

  15. #15
    Sword of Telara iAmDeathSpank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Uranus, Milky Way
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    Okay, I've seen a couple of you threads created by you, like "Pie vs Cake", "Cat vs Dog", "IGN vs Gamespot", "Asian vs Westen MMOs", "I feel enlighted" and your most recent threads "If you have beta key, answer this" and this actual thread, that should win some price, "Why the hate?"

    Oh yes, why the hate? Could it be because since you joined, 16 days ago, you've created 32 threads? Where most of them is just non sense? Okay I mean, a thread like "Pie vs Cake", "Cat vs Dog", "IGN vs Gamespot", "Asian vs Westen MMOs"(Pick one).. If it would be possible to get a poll up about it, you might actually get some statistics out of it, now you just get a few people saying "cats", a few people saying "dogs" and a few people saying "stop making useless threads".

    "If you have a beta key, answer this". The big question we've all been wondering.

    With a reply from yourself the same minute[

    So PvP videoes wasn't "all you wanted", you wanted warfront videos.. So instead of editing your post to
    you figured it would be better to post another one.



    If we skip the "vs" threads and move on to... Uhm, "I feel enlighted" thread where you say:


    With a reply from youself 1 minute later


    Oh yes, how could anyone get annoyed by this? I suppose all those replies that you just made was well thought about which added some value to the actual thread? yes? Big grats to you, I have to say.


    Could people hate you because in half of your threads you actually get the first post aswell? So you create your thread, read it through and figures "Hey, what an interesting thread. I should answer this". And you do.

    So here's a tip for you: Before you create a thread, post a reply or whatever you do, take some seconds to read it through once(Maybe twice would be good) and think for another couple of seconds "Have I added everything I want", "Is there anything more I'm wondering about" before you actually decide to post your thread/post. AND EVEN after that, if you remember "Ah, I wanted to add something!" then go ahead and use the EDIT BUTTON, instead of posting another post.
    You know what? If you dont like my posts, why do you read them? Please answer. Just because you dont like them doesnt mean you have to hate me as a person, look at any of my posts, have you seen me be negative toward one person? (In a non-sarcastic fasion) Honestly, i dont know what provokes people these days to be negative towards everybody. Im trying to get involved with the community, people like you make the community look like ****.
    You think you're very mature, yet you intentionally put down other people like me, keep up the good work, and please, introduce yourself to the rest of the community too.
    Last edited by iAmDeathSpank; 11-08-2010 at 01:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts