+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need a new mouse

Default I need a new mouse

I have been using a Logitech VX nano for the past few years, and I really liked it for the most part but it has developed the double click syndrome where every click is registered as a double click (or more). So I have started looking for a new mouse.

I want it to be wireless. I hate desk clutter.
    In my experience the laser mice out perform optical so I think I want that.
    I care about ergonomics, it needs to feel right if it is going to be in my hand for hours on end.
    I want one that is good for gaming, but functional for daily use as well (does not have 100 buttons that you hit accidentally all the time)

I am currently considering:
    Logitech G700
    Logitech MX Series

I have looked at some Razor mice, but they just look awkward to me and I have never tried one.

Bottom Line:

Anyone have a mouse that they absolutely LOVE?

Guardian PvP | Riftparser.com | Den of Madness

Quote Originally Posted by Verb View Post
    I have been using a Logitech VX nano for the past few years, and I really liked it for the most part but it has developed the double click syndrome where every click is registered as a double click (or more). So I have started looking for a new mouse.

I care about ergonomics, it needs to feel right if it is going to be in my hand for hours on end.
    I want one that is good for gaming, but functional for daily use as well (does not have 100 buttons that you hit accidentally all the time)

Logitech G700
    Logitech MX Series

I have looked at some Razor mice, but they just look awkward to me and I have never tried one.

Bottom Line:

I use an older Razer DeathAdder, but it is not wireless. Has served me well for quite some time, still very comfy.
    Halcyon Legion: now offering candy and rainbows! Also, I love writing poetry Ask!
    "When we built these dreams on sand... How they all slipped through our hands; And this might be our only chance! Let's take this one day at a time - I'll hold your hand if you hold mine... The time that we kill keeps us alive." Rise Against - Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

I use a deathadder as well, I've also used an imperator and these are better than any other mouse I've ever used. Ever. They keep your wrist nicely elevated, so that even in the heat of battle you won't find yourself in discomfort. Not to mention they last a LONG time (unless you have excessive amounts of anger and find it necessary to slam it down as hard as you can). They also have adjustable sensitivite settings, and if you're looking for a serious MMO mouse with tons of buttons for ease, there's the "Naga" : http://tinyurl.com/267yacb. That's the special edition one, but I don't think you would need more buttons than that ;) None of the afformentioned are wireless, however, if you find yourself pleased by this, there is the "Naga Epic" - and even though I don't like the use of the word "Naga" or "Epic" it's still a nice, wireless mouse! http://tinyurl.com/39qy82o.

The links were super long, so I used TinyURL to try to reduce clutter.
    Last edited by Apherdite; 11-07-2010 at 10:38 AM.

Looks like the current G700 has a charging cable, so as to clutter, you have the same amount of clutter with or without a cordless mouse. The G7 I had back in the day not only had the same cord as a wired, but a block for charging the battery, so it had more clutter. In all honesty I went from an M1000 (their first gamer cordless, which had a base you put the mouse in, again more clutter than standard wired) back to the G9 and I never flick the cord or notice it. The new-school cords are not a big deal. I'd say go with the G500.

G500 at NewEgg $60, does go on sale on rare occasion for around $40
    G500 at Amazon, does go on sale on rare occasion for around $50
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

The razer is nice to me because it has a wide base, this is good for staying flat which reduces laser spasms.
    But I think Logitech started making them wider too. I had a G500
    Last edited by Vulgrim; 11-07-2010 at 10:57 AM.
    "How do you kill that which has no life?"

Champion of Telara Nightbringer's Avatar

I absolutely love my Microsoft Sidewinder, unfortunately its not wireless.

I use the Razer Imperator and I love it.

I agree; Razers pwn IMO

I shop here.

http://www.razerzone.com/

It's ofcourse up to each and everyone to decide which they like the most, but I've been using Logitech MX510 for a few years and I love it, might not be the best mouse with the most buttons(Saw Rabb1ts link to the G500 which got the same shape with some more buttons. Probably got better performance aswell. I might give that one a go ) but it's nice to hold and it gets the job done.
    I tend to prefer wired mouses to wireless ones because of the lighter weigh they got since they don't have any battery in them. This also might have changed since I havn't used one for a few years.
    And also you don't have to worry about it suddenly losing it's connection, or battery running out or whatever.

I love my razer naga.

I'm using the Razor Deathadder also for the last few months and it was one of the best investments I made. I was using an old Microsoft Office mouse before I got this one and coupled with the Razer Goliathus mousemat it almost felt like I had a new PC, such was the difference it made to my gaming. I can't recommend it enough and would urge you to definitely consider the Razer options.

Quote Originally Posted by Verb View Post

Logitech G700
    Logitech MX Series

Bottom Line:

I love my mouse, go to the following link to buy it

http://techfragments.com/news/826/Ha...ter_Mouse.html

If comfort (ergonomics) is important to you, then the Logitech models are a good start.

The G700 is a decent MMO mouse due to the programmable buttons and the cable is good for charging since it double as a connection as well, so you can charge and play at the same time. The MX series is also a good choice. I find that the ergonomics are better designed because of the different materials they use for construction. I think what it will come down to is actual feel use and feel.

The main differences between the 2 mice give a slight advantage to the MX Series in these areas:
    • Darkfield technology
    • Clickable Hyper-scroll

The clickbale hyper-scroll wheel is nice when you aren't playing game and are doing general web surfing and work. It allows you to switch between precision scrolling for accuracy and hyper-scrolling for speed. The only caveat is that in hyper-scroll mode the wheel button cannot be used as a button, because of the mechanical switch that controls that function. So while the wheel button works in one mode, it is disabled in the other.

As for the Darkfield technology, it is much more accurate than a standard laser, but it's benefits are questionable. It is only as effective as the need for it's improved capabilities. What I mean by that is, if you are using it as a mobile mouse for a laptop, then having the ability to use a mouse on most any surface is very handy, especially when you do not have a mousepad. But if you are going to be using this for a desktop, more than likely you will have a decent mousepad and the need for improved laser accuracy diminished greatly. So the the additional cost for the technology may not be worth it. I currently use a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 for that reason. Is it the best mouse? No. But for a laptop that a carry around to school and work, the BlueTrack laser makes it easier to use wherever I go. at home I use a standard Logitech laser mouse with a good mousepad.

In the end, the only real bit of advice I can give is to pick the mice you might like and go into a store and check them out. I went to places like Staples, Office Max, and Best Buy to check out the mice and get a feel for them firsthand. This helps more than anything in deciding which one is right for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    (Saw Rabb1ts link to the G500 which got the same shape with some more buttons. Probably got better performance aswell. I might give that one a go )
    With the higher res screens today a gaming mouse is almost required. Back in the day when I first had my 1920x1200 monitor and a not so high DPI mouse I'd have to lift the mouse several times to get it across the screen. With a gaming mouse I can easily move the pointer all the way across the screen by moving my hand only about 2", and I've only got it set at something like 1,600 (the newer ones like the G500 go up to like 5,700.) While not as benefitial to MMOG playing, if you play FPS games you'll see a higher kill rate due to faster response and higher accuracy in movement. $50-60 is a bit much, but like I said, if you watch for it you may see it go on sale. Like it wouldn't surprise me to see more than a few places drop it's price on "Black Friday" in just a few weeks. *makes a note to self on that in Epic Win app due to the G9 getting old and the coating flaking off and getting icky*
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Default A4-Tech Game Optical Mouse <X-710BK-Black>

A4-Tech Game Optical Mouse X-710BK-Black ))))))

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast