+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oh, how exercise fails...

Default Oh, how exercise fails...

I worked out a ton over the summer to get my lanky *** some muscle, and it worked, but since I've been living at college again, lo and behold, unsurprisingly, atrophy strikes! So to help stave that off, I'm forced to work out in my dorm T_T

I lift my chair in any number of methods (I even play catch with the damn thing) as well as a mound of push-ups and one of my roomates and I were figuring a pull-up bar for the doorframe would be nice. Any other suggestions?

PS: No running - I have negative stamina when it comes to running; I've been a sprinter, not a marathon runner, forever, and have never been able to change that.
    Halcyon Legion: now offering candy and rainbows! Also, I love writing poetry Ask!
    "When we built these dreams on sand... How they all slipped through our hands; And this might be our only chance! Let's take this one day at a time - I'll hold your hand if you hold mine... The time that we kill keeps us alive." Rise Against - Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

I work out with one of these.

http://www.8gua.info/assets/images/D...with_Dadao.gif

Mine only weighs ~7.25 pounds, but the one Dr. Xie is using here is closer to 12. It's not enough to add mass, but with enough calories and protein it will help keep you toned. Your personal needs may be different, and diet is a good place to start tweaking. Even at the ripe old age of 31, 2000 calories still has me at a deficit. I need something closer to 3500. Also, sleep more and cardio less.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Zann View Post
    I work out with one of these.

http://www.8gua.info/assets/images/D...with_Dadao.gif

Mine only weighs 7.25 pounds, but the one Dr. Xie is using here is closer to 12. It's not enough to add mass, but with enough calories and protein it will help keep you toned. Your personal needs may be different, and diet is a good place to start tweaking. Even at the ripe old age of 31, 2000 calories still has me at a deficit. I need something closer to 3500. Also, sleep more and cardio less.

Good luck!
    Christ, dude. I wish I had the room to swing one of those guys around; I can barely get out of bed without tripping over my everything. Could do that in the soccer field nearby but I still doubt me carrying around a massive slab of sharpness is going to fly very well with the cops

Both of my older brothers (basically, your age) got the genetic 1-Up, being tall/naturally muscular, whereas I'm a measly 5'7" and 115 lbs - as a 20 year old, that's kinda pathetic, lol. With my body at 8% body fat (yeah, that's really friggin' low, for the record) I need to eat a lot to actually do anything that'll put mass on my body. I had to eat a lot more, thanks to my metabolism being in hyperdrive. At home, food is readily available, partially because I'm within walking distance of a food store, but at college, I've got to actually go a distance to get food, and even at that, it's either crappy college grub or overpriced crappy college grub. *shrug* I do what I can, such as sneaking food from the cafeteria ^.^, but often that doesn't compare even a fraction to all the stuff I was able to eat at home (full course meals and all that, rather than "Hey, that'll make me less hungry, right?"). I probably eat enough calories a day, but the problem is it burns off in no time T_T

I like how I'm complaining about it now, but when I get to be older, I'm probably going to want to go back in time to kick my skinny little *** for saying such blasphemy
    Halcyon Legion: now offering candy and rainbows! Also, I love writing poetry Ask!
    "When we built these dreams on sand... How they all slipped through our hands; And this might be our only chance! Let's take this one day at a time - I'll hold your hand if you hold mine... The time that we kill keeps us alive." Rise Against - Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Youtube isometrics and body weight exercises. Also check into interval training, basically
    if you do the exercises in quick enough succession, you will get your cardio in also.

Of course the basics work:
    Pushups
    Crunches
    Planks
    Squats
    Lunges
    Dips (w/chair)

Once they get too easy, increase the intensity by doing them on one leg
    or at a steeper angle.

P.S.
    I'm a lazy bum that doesn't actually do these =) but did at one time.
    Last edited by Terroni; 11-07-2010 at 01:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread