+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What will WOW copy next?

Quote Originally Posted by Araius View Post
    Honestly, I don't think I'm willing to go past the starter area with Rift to find this out. :/

Among other things, the visuals give me terrible dizziness, which isn't something I've ever experienced with WoW.

And I checked out what you're talking about. I don't really think a massive talent tree is enough to make me switch; I still feel like I'm just playing a more complicated, less streamlined, less fun version of WoW. *shrug*
    If the game makes you dizzy, then you have great reason to not enjoy the game.. I can't answer that.

Beyond the starter area the game gets a lot better, and as you level it continues to improve... WoW to me was a lot of a grind-fest, and I just wasn't in the mood for it. This honestly feels different.

As for Blizzard not allowing any Rift talk but Trion allowing WoW talk... One of these games is a threat to the other one's subscriber base, and it's not WoW. This game is more visually appealing with a fresh take on gameplay. I don't think I've heard a WoW comparison yet that would make me even begin to think about not playing Rift.
    "You did me no wrong calling me a raven, or thinking me one, you allowed me existence which is the sum of what one can demand of his fellow beings." -- Mr. Raven "Lilith" by George MacDonald

Thulmann - Rogue - Ascension

Heck, WoW not only took from other games they also take from their subscribers, they have taken a lot of addons and implemented them into their game, I wonder if they even pay the addon developer for taking their ideas.

oderint dum metuant: Let them hate so long as they fear.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Put Bunny into your sig to help him
    (")_(") take over the world.

Here's an idea, how about no monthly subscription! Also, lets really go crazy and remove micro-transactions .

If only right? I'm sure after they go F2P with no MTs they will still boast how many people they have. Evil, evil, corporation.
    Control over the elements is under-rated in every game I play. They are often separated and dull. For once why can't we have an epic tornado of elements? Heck, make a blinding huge sandstorm with wind and earth and use water to make mud at a target's feet and rain blazing meteors onto the person. Animation would be a nightmare but worth every second .

what Wow will copy from Rift ? heh, how about rifts that open on random locations and players need to kill all elementals from these rifts to close them
    its not only WoW that copy from other games, all blizzard games are like that

Quote Originally Posted by Morphed View Post
    what Wow will copy from Rift ? heh, how about rifts that open on random locations and players need to kill all elementals from these rifts to close them
    its not only WoW that copy from other games, all blizzard games are like that
    I don't see starcraft copying much from anything. Heck there are FAR more advanced RTS games out there. Tom Clancy's End War and Company of Heroes just to name a few. I mean at least in CoH they get behind cover and infantry can't shoot a tank to death without some kind of heavy weapon, in Starcraft 10 marines can take out a carrier easily.
    Control over the elements is under-rated in every game I play. They are often separated and dull. For once why can't we have an epic tornado of elements? Heck, make a blinding huge sandstorm with wind and earth and use water to make mud at a target's feet and rain blazing meteors onto the person. Animation would be a nightmare but worth every second .

Quote Originally Posted by Morphed View Post
    They kinda missed the boat with Cataclysm and public events. It would have slotted with the context so well...

And I take it no-one forsees Wow taking on more flexible talent tree systems?

Quote Originally Posted by FacesOfMu View Post
    They kinda missed the boat with Cataclysm and public events. It would have slotted with the context so well...

And I take it no-one forsees Wow taking on more flexible talent tree systems?
    considering that Cataclysm is what ossified the system . . no.
    this word you use . . . i do not think it means what you think it means.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2