+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The extent of my boredom

Default The extent of my boredom

... has made me spend the past two hours laughing my *** off at The Chive. I suppose there are worse things I could be doing, however ^.^
    Halcyon Legion: now offering candy and rainbows! Also, I love writing poetry Ask!
    "When we built these dreams on sand... How they all slipped through our hands; And this might be our only chance! Let's take this one day at a time - I'll hold your hand if you hold mine... The time that we kill keeps us alive." Rise Against - Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Could you do my global politics essay then? Or summarize my psychology text that I've been neglecting for a month now? Thanks

I've been on Facebook... Youtube... my blog feeds... petting cat... checked in at work... went to market for some fruit...

Random thought: I need a new job
    Another one: I want to work in the gaming industry
    Yet another: But I don't want to program or do artistic design (animate, draw, compose)

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Could you do my global politics essay then? Or summarize my psychology text that I've been neglecting for a month now? Thanks

I've been on Facebook... Youtube... my blog feeds... petting cat... checked in at work... went to market for some fruit...

Random thought: I need a new job
    Another one: I want to work in the gaming industry
    Yet another: But I don't want to program or do artistic design (animate, draw, compose)
    Politics is anathema to me, but I can handle psychology stuff rather competently (still an undergrad, aiming for clinical/counseling psychologist with a specialization in [romantic] relationships). I entertained working for the gaming industry, but then I realized I would suck at 95% of it, including the storyline-weaving - I can write poems so they tell a story, but I cannot write a story to do the same
    Halcyon Legion: now offering candy and rainbows! Also, I love writing poetry Ask!
    "When we built these dreams on sand... How they all slipped through our hands; And this might be our only chance! Let's take this one day at a time - I'll hold your hand if you hold mine... The time that we kill keeps us alive." Rise Against - Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Quote Originally Posted by Kintega View Post
    Politics is anathema to me, but I can handle psychology stuff rather competently (still an undergrad, aiming for clinical/counseling psychologist with a specialization in [romantic] relationships). I entertained working for the gaming industry, but then I realized I would suck at 95% of it, including the storyline-weaving - I can write poems so they tell a story, but I cannot write a story to do the same
    Storyline and large-scale plots are my forte - the technical terms for writing still occasionally escape me though...
    I just know that:
    -when I latch onto a story (tv show, video game, novel, comic mythology, film), I tend to know it in and out
    -I can at least competently weave my own stories, impressing others

I have my dream game idea locked in my head until I can flesh it out enough so it doesn't look silly when I explain it ;)

I have my dream game idea locked in my head until I can flesh it out enough so it doesn't look silly when I explain it ;)
    Don't we all? I knew I was making up my own bosses and crap for the Metroid games for the longest times, then when AQ was released in WoW, began to devise dynamic boss fights, lol. I normally tend to know the game itself in and out after a while, and simply base knowledge of where to go and who to talk to for XYZ reason leads me to, somehow, acquire knowledge of the lore on the way by assimilation lol.

Feel free to chat to me about your idea, should you wish to ^.^ Love nothing more than a giant nerdfest

Listening to music and waiting for my food to finish cooking.

And checking various forums.

Don't we all? I knew I was making up my own bosses and crap for the Metroid games for the longest times, then when AQ was released in WoW, began to devise dynamic boss fights, lol. I normally tend to know the game itself in and out after a while, and simply base knowledge of where to go and who to talk to for XYZ reason leads me to, somehow, acquire knowledge of the lore on the way by assimilation lol.

Feel free to chat to me about your idea, should you wish to ^.^ Love nothing more than a giant nerdfest
    Thanks, but by locked away, I *really* mean locked away. Some hints:
    -Final Fantasy VI
    -Xenosaga
    -Mass Effect
    -The Coldfire Trilogy by C.S. Friedman

Some of the things contained within those, would be inspirations for my idea. It's still an egg though. I'll protect it

-Final Fantasy VI
    -Xenosaga
    -Mass Effect

Some of the things contained within those, would be inspirations for my idea. It's still an egg though. I'll protect it
    And so your egg it shall remain, and understandably so

Loved ME's storyline to death, and though I get flak for this consistently, I dislike FF in all its forms... just never stuck to me as something interesting. Haven't heard of the other two.

And so your egg it shall remain, and understandably so

Loved ME's storyline to death, and though I get flak for this consistently, I dislike FF in all its forms... just never stuck to me as something interesting. Haven't heard of the other two.
    The ME part I would be carrying over would be some of the more obscure side-notes. Not the main plot. The things you find in item descriptions, but what might influence ME3 if that game turns out to be at ALL satisfying in storyline.. (I'm starting to doubt)

The FFVI part would be where you do the typical FF thing, but half way through the game, you *lose*, and the world is turned to ruin.

Xenosaga:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyUFPNTUevs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYEkTXL691Y

The Coldfire Trilogy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coldfire_Trilogy
    The main events of the Trilogy take place on the fictional planet of Erna, colonized 1200 years before the start of the books by a group of human colonists from a future Earth.
    Erna is a primarily hospitable environment; although a planet with severe and intense seismic activity, the planet is similar enough to Earth to allow for habitability.
    It has, however, another key difference from Earth. The entire surface of Erna is wrapped in a powerful energy field known as the Fae. The Fae is a type of energy that comes up to the surface from the core of the planet via the plethora of volcanoes and earthquakes that rock the planet's surface. This is an energy that the native animals of Erna sense, and utilize to a small extent to help them survive (i.e. the Fae is often able to tell a Sensitive individual when an earthquake is coming, or if the tides are about to shift). Author C.S. Friedman explains how her idea of the Fae was shaped by Isaac Asimov's essay arguing that if magic existed, it would be a natural force governed by consistent rules. "Like fire, it should be useful when controlled, dangerous if uncontrolled," she says. "The fact that we build windmills does not mean we stop fearing hurricanes."[1]
    The energy is also sensitive to the human psyche, as the colonists discovered to their dismay. The Fae reacts to human cerebral activity, bringing to life dreams and manifesting fears. In fact, many of the first colonists were killed by Fae-constructs, demons and beasts that fed off of their human progenitors, both physically and mentally. It was only by a Great Sacrifice, the loss of all the technology and knowledge the colonists had brought with them, that humanity came to terms with the Fae, at least enough to learn a rudimentary level of control over the power.
    For a few hundred years, humanity has managed to eke out a scant existence on the harsh surface of Erna, keeping an uneasy balance with the Fae. Mankind grows weary of its tumultuous battle with the energy-force however, and multiple organizations try to find ways to render the human psyche unable to mold the Fae. One of these groups was the Church of Human Unification, an organization that sought to bring mankind together in prayer to accomplish two things:1) make the Fae recognize man as a regular race on Erna, allowing them to live in harmony with the energy, and 2) allow for a human afterlife by bringing mankind to the bosom of a God that either already exists, or will be made by the power of the faith of man, and the Fae it will mold. This Church eventually brought forth a man who would be their salvation and damnation, their Prophet, one Gerald Tarrant.
    Belief forms reality. I wrote my Grade 12 final English essay on these books, and used the author herself (through email correspondence) as my primary source. ;)

Also, add the Shin Megami Tensei games partially into that:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ea018u2W7c

Belief forms reality. I wrote my Grade 12 final English essay on these books, and used the author herself (through email correspondence) as my primary source. ;)
    Your badassness has been verified, mostly from this statement. Never known anyone who has been able to get anything from the horse's mouth, so to speak. Very nice

Also, seems like you've had a lot of influence ^.^ I've no doubt that you have a clear thought of what you want, even if it's but the tip of the cloudiest iceberg to me Hope you eventually get the chance to do something more than just fantasize about it,

By the way, "The Coldfire Trilogy" seems right up my alley so far as books go - I'll have to give it a looksie. I'm still waiting on George R. R. Martin to get the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series out lol; been working on the most recent book forever.

Let's add a couple more:
    -The Secret World (what's been shown so far)
    -HP Lovecraft
    -Deus Ex
    -Assassin's Creed

You'll need a degree in Symbology to connect the dots though.

By the way, "The Coldfire Trilogy" seems right up my alley so far as books go - I'll have to give it a looksie. I'm still waiting on George R. R. Martin to get the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series out lol; been working on the most recent book forever.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...oldfireTrilogy

Earth fae originates from Erna's frequent seismic activity and is the one most often used by humans.

Solar fae originates from the sun's light when it touches the atmosphere, it usually cannot be used unless a massive amount of people are concentrating on the same thing.

Tidal fae is tied to the gravity of the different moons of Erna and their alignments. No human is known to be able to use this very subtle force.

Dark fae originates in true darkness, either from subterranean places that never see light, or during True Night, during those lapse of time when no moon nor star light the sky. As powerful as it is dangerous, it is implied that the demonic Hunter is the only fleshborn who can utilize it directly.
    Such a neat way to explain 'magic'.

Seems very nifty. I'll give it a looksie when I get the chance to enjoy the things I have to read, as opposed to a plethora of case studies and statistical journals. And yeah, too many games for my drained mind to juggle and mull over at this point Sleep deprived and the Monster energy drink I had this morning has left me with negative functioning ability since noon today, and here I am 14 hours later

-Final Fantasy VI
    -Xenosaga
    -Mass Effect

Xenosaga was sooo amazing. I remember the only people I knew who had heard of it was me my bro and my cousins.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast