+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Whats so bad about "clickers"?

Default Whats so bad about "clickers"?

Everywhere i go, i see people saying "Stupid clicker! **** you n00b!!!!"

So my question: What is so damn bad about clickers?

I assume it's because it's much faster to have an ability hot-keyed and use the keyboard (or a mouse with extra buttons) than it is to move the mouse to an icon and click it. For example, I can hit my "H" key that I have bound to my 'Heal" ability faster than I can find the right icon and click it with the mouse.

I got used to using the keyboard instead of the mouse back in EQ. During laggy moments the keyboard seemed more responsive than the mouse. That may not be a problem anymore, but I'm used to it now.
    Last edited by Slyde; 11-05-2010 at 03:13 PM.

I guess I am just one of those "Stupid clickers" LOL.. I've tried to do the whole keyboard thing and I just cannot get used to it; makes me a bit uneasy. So I'll stuck with my clicking

It's relative to your speed, yes.

I always say I enjoy the challange of being a clicker. I am pretty fast with my hand and did outheal most of other healers while raiding. I usually bind a few keys tho, but I'd say 80-90% is done by clicking.

Go clickers!

Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    I always say I enjoy the challange of being a clicker. I am pretty fast with my hand and did outheal most of other healers while raiding. I usually bind a few keys tho, but I'd say 80-90% is done by clicking.

Go clickers!
    In wow i just used healbot and assigned spells to my mouse.. with MANY buttons xD

I do better as a clicker-healer than 3/4 of the "hardcore healers" that have stuff bound to keys and macros. it's just about finding what works for you - or for some, the easiest lol. Clicking for me has always been better, and easier, than having macros and other bound buttons.

I'd like to win one of those Razer mouse and become a L33T clicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    I'd like to win one of those Razer mouse and become a L33T clicker.
    Lol, I have an older Razer Deathadder

I cant handle clicking myself, but my friend is a clicker and he is unbelievable. I guess with pratice both styles can be mastered.
    I am starting to become a combination of both now. All my battle skills are hotkeyed and other not so important abilities are clicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopy View Post
    I guess with pratice both styles can be mastered.
    The only time I have ever felt disadvantaged by being a "clicker" was in Age of Conan. The combat system lacks an "auto-attack" and requires you to activate directional attack buttons to complete combos (for those - the minority I'm sure - that do not know). I could get by solo by clicking, but I quickly developed a combination of keyboard/mouse use to perform well in raids.

As a raider in EverQuest II, I never had any issues with clicking - even topping the parse on most occasions. Admittedly, I tend to get "muscle memory" going pretty fast in MMOs. I can successfully chain combat arts/spells as a "clicker" without even looking at my hotbars.

The above statement is completely accurate in my opinion. Although people constantly berate "clickers" for playing the game their way, the fact of the matter is some players can efficiently play their class by clicking.

I'm both. I tend to click when questing. I tend to key when in groups. I rarely hotkey though. It's never a big deal to me.

I have never seen a clicker that can react fast enough as someone that use key bindings and mouse bindings. I have i think abou 20-25 bindings on my keyboard and 6-12 on my mouse. I use to click and when i stopped I improved greatly. Same with Keyboard turners. Alot faster to turn with your mouse then take 8 years to turn with A and D thats why i rebind A to strafe left and D to strafe right.

I use everything at my disposal. I usually have 3 or so hotbars stacked. I have my most common and time-sensitive abilities mapped to keyboard or mouse buttons. Then, I have a square or rectangular area on the right where my mouse cursor hovers that contains a lot of random abilities which might need to be used quickly, but generally are not needed. Some of these abilities are also hotkeyed if they absolutely must be available at all times. That way, where ever my cursor or my hands are, I can get to it quickly one way or another. I even switch movement back and forth on the fly between mouse and keyboard depending on the situation.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die."
    --H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopy View Post
    I cant handle clicking myself, but my friend is a clicker and he is unbelievable. I guess with pratice both styles can be mastered.
    I am starting to become a combination of both now. All my battle skills are hotkeyed and other not so important abilities are clicked.
    Pretty much the same here. I had about 80% of all abilities I'd use in a raid keybinded, and other abilities that were used rarely or only for certain raids clickable. I also had my cooldown macro clickable merely for the satisfaction of clicking my 10-15 seconds of godmode button.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast