+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Post your canceled WOW screenshots

Canceled it a week ago.

IN YOUR FACE, METZEN!

Default resubbed to wow

and canceled my Rift preorder!
    If you disagree with this post just be sure to stay in school and drug free, when you get older you will understand.

I canceled life for this game.

Soulwalker

WoW is a phenomenal game. I have logged more hours in that game than any other game combined x10. I have moved to three different cities and had two kids (one is now 5) since I started WoW. WoW is, in many ways, better than Rift, but it's really time for me to move on. The graphics in Rift are way better than WoW (not really a fair comparison I realize) and I like the realistic character models. My 0.02.

Quote Originally Posted by Araius View Post

Edit: I think it's pretty telling when all anyone can talk about is how good/bad your new game is to the best out there. :/ If you can't take it on its own merit without constantly referring to the one you just left...well, that's like consistently comparing your new girlfriend to your ex-wife. Means something's wrong.
    Also very telling of a troll when someone ads an edit as bait!!!

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

I didn't save mine... let's just say my account is no longer... um mine. ;)

Prophet of Telara

It just ties back into basic human psychology... when someone purchases or commits to something they aren't sure of they just gotta keep reaffirming to themselves somehow that it was the right decision.

Sorta like how when someone buys a new video card that only upped their performance marginally, they act like the heavens have parted and given them 23423423 extra fps.
    True skill comes without effort

Quote Originally Posted by Araius View Post
    I don't understand why I have to stop playing a game I enjoy just because other people are frustrated about it. :/

I tried Rift. I can't get into it. I'm not cancelling WoW for now. If I do it certainly won't be because of Rift.

Why does there have to be this whole "OMG Blizz is the werst!! Let's show them gaiz!!1" mentality?

Just play what you enjoy, and stop trying to prove...whatever it is you're trying to prove. Seriously.

Edit: I think it's pretty telling when all anyone can talk about is how good/bad your new game is to the best out there. :/ If you can't take it on its own merit without constantly referring to the one you just left...well, that's like consistently comparing your new girlfriend to your ex-wife. Means something's wrong.
    Funny also how your edit refers to WOW as the best out there,lololololol,you truly are a misguided child.

To each their own,some learn some don't.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    you're making a fool out of yourself trying to make the top dog look bad. Just take down your picture and we wont assume you have a wall of text rage quit post on WoW forums.
    You're so angry.

:: Pats Suggs gently on the head ::

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Teo View Post
    Give the guy a break. He took a big step even though he expressed it in the form of a ragequit.

I personally won't be leaving my WoW account anytime soon. I'm in the process of balancing out the two games, work and life in general. In WoW, I have a great Arena team currently running at 2k+ rating, and as you can see my game time runs till next year. I'm not the ragequit cheapskate type either.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9...tacylsmwow.png

Just try to enjoy yourselves without the hate on companies and their games. You'll be far happier.
    Dang you're prepaid through the middle of next year... that sucks!
    Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5, AMD Phenom II X4 965, AC Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 (30C idle), 8GB G Skill DDR3, Gigabyte GV-R685OC-1GD, COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M700, 1 TB WD, Thermaltake V9 Black Edition case, 23" Acer H233H @1080p via HDMI

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jrotondi View Post
    pfft, i never had a WoW account in my life. i do have a LoTRO account but honestly, i prob wont cancel that account for Rift
    Considering it's free there's no need to!
    Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5, AMD Phenom II X4 965, AC Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 (30C idle), 8GB G Skill DDR3, Gigabyte GV-R685OC-1GD, COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M700, 1 TB WD, Thermaltake V9 Black Edition case, 23" Acer H233H @1080p via HDMI

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Srifter View Post
    I've lost interest in WoW but I can't bring myself to cancel my account and give up my toons; I get too emotionally invested in them after playing them for so long. Maybe I'll never play WoW and never cancel lol
    Nobody is saying you have to give up your toons. They'll stay there indefinitely. This thread is about temporarily or permanently stopping your WoW sub. You've done this many times before, we all have.

I think that people can still enjoy both, if that's what they want... for me, it's hard to balance to games, plus life... so I have to pick and choose... hence why I've chosen Rift.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/51/lawlk.png

Some farmer hijacked my account at some point and i've never cared to take the effort at call Blizz and get it unbanned.

I canceled too. It's not really a big deal though, I usually can only stand that game for about 6 months at a time. With Cata just being... bad... I've had more than enough in two. I love trying new MMOs and I'm usually very critical of them, but for the life of me there is nothing that I can pick from Rift that I really feel like would be a legitimate issue. So I have very high hopes for this game.

My only concern is that all the people I saw in WoW will be coming here and ruining the fledgling community. I very much hope that Trion cracks down hard on language and harassment to prevent as much of that as possible. WoW wouldn't be that bad of a game... if it wasn't for the people who play it.

/4 is kind of worrying me, but I could see it going either way once people who aren't paying can no longer troll chat channels.
    ^ Not a Llama ^

Cleric LFG for Key of the Twilight: Heals, DPS or Tank. PST.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast