+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Post your canceled WOW screenshots

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Warpiglet View Post
    This will be a issue in Rift, it will be full of WoW rejects.
    That's why i did not buy Rift.

I've lost interest in WoW but I can't bring myself to cancel my account and give up my toons; I get too emotionally invested in them after playing them for so long. Maybe I'll never play WoW and never cancel lol

I cancelled WoW in January. There is just way too many people that just plain suck in that game. Hour long dungeon queues, my guild was only ever active during raid hours, the professions are boring as hell. There just isn't anything fun about WoW anymore. It's all been done before, just new skins. The most discouraging thing was just how bad people were for me, it's like they don't even try to be good at all. You finally get a random dungeon to pop and everyone is half dead running back, you wipe once and the group disbands and your looking at another hour wait for the same thing possibly. Screw that. It's just a waste of time.
    Last edited by LauZaIM; 02-05-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by cailla View Post
    That's why i did not buy Rift.
    I guess you won't be buying any MMO then, because theres hundreds of thousands of WoW subscribers just looking for a new, good, game to switch too.

Safe bet, most people that play new MMOs, especially for the first few weeks, likely came from WoW or played WoW at one time or another.

Shadowlander

I was considering it. But after reading these forums and finding out that 1/4 of their classes aren't considered viable in PVP or PVE I'm reconsidering it. Rift only has 4 classes.... so every class should have viable souls for every aspect of the game. Now that I'm hearing Mages are useless in end game, that worries me that there are other HUGE flaws I don't know about. I mean come on.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by adeQuaTe View Post
    If all the bads from WoW come to RIFT ... I might go back to WoW
    Please go now. The last thing RIft needs is someone who uses the term "bads" palying the game.

If you guys are actually quitting, why is every person stripping the account info from the screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Senladar View Post
    I guess you won't be buying any MMO then, because theres hundreds of thousands of WoW subscribers just looking for a new, good, game to switch too.

Safe bet, most people that play new MMOs, especially for the first few weeks, likely came from WoW or played WoW at one time or another.
    Exactly Sen!
    Any MMO that comes out will have thousands from WOW that will migrate to it.

Even if you hate WOW people must realize that the game increased the mmo playerbase at least x5 and more like x10.When that happens it can be good for other mmo's.If I'm not mistaken AOC,WAR,AION,LOTRO and maybe DCUO all sold 500k copies or more and were post WOW(my numbers could be off,but 1st 4 pretty certain of).When has that ever happened in the mmo world?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelie View Post
    If you guys are actually quitting, why is every person stripping the account info from the screenshot.
    I'm just really not interested in random folks knowing my e-mail address.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Srifter View Post
    I've lost interest in WoW but I can't bring myself to cancel my account and give up my toons; I get too emotionally invested in them after playing them for so long. Maybe I'll never play WoW and never cancel lol
    There is an old Buddhist story that's pretty relevant to this topic.
    "There is a man on a long journey. While on his trek, he encounters a river that is very wide and deep. This obviously creates a predicament for the man, as he cannot simply swim across, as this will likely cause his demise.

The solution is simple, he must construct a boat. This boat will take much time and effort though, as he must construct it with his own hands, using what nature has provided for him nearby.

After many days, and much effort, the man completes the boat. It is a beautiful construct that he took much effort in creating by hand.

With the boat complete, he can now cross the river. He does so with the greatest of ease, because the man made sure that this boat was an exceptional one, that he could trust his life with.

Upon landing at the bank, the man is excited to have met his task, so he can continue his journey.

He realizes however, that a decision must be made: Should he tie the boat to shore, or allow it to drift downstream?"

That gentlemen is the decision that will make you slaves, or free-men. To tie the boat, represents your slavery to the boat. Whereas, allowing it to drift downstream liberates you from it's oppression.

This proverb can be applied to any crossroad you may reach in life.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by jmahlon View Post
    I was considering it. But after reading these forums and finding out that 1/4 of their classes aren't considered viable in PVP or PVE I'm reconsidering it. Rift only has 4 classes.... so every class should have viable souls for every aspect of the game. Now that I'm hearing Mages are useless in end game, that worries me that there are other HUGE flaws I don't know about. I mean come on.
    Um, unless you are talking to people on the Alpha server who are breaking their NDA by talking to you about it...... No one knows what end game is like since the level cap is the highest its been and thats only lvl 35. This, to relate to most people, who play wow reminds me of when warriors were "not viable to raid as" if you wanted to dps. Once you got top end gear they maxed the charts though. You never know what its like until you try, this game is still beta.

Shadowlander

I don't understand why I have to stop playing a game I enjoy just because other people are frustrated about it. :/

I tried Rift. I can't get into it. I'm not cancelling WoW for now. If I do it certainly won't be because of Rift.

Why does there have to be this whole "OMG Blizz is the werst!! Let's show them gaiz!!1" mentality?

Just play what you enjoy, and stop trying to prove...whatever it is you're trying to prove. Seriously.

Edit: I think it's pretty telling when all anyone can talk about is how good/bad your new game is to the best out there. :/ If you can't take it on its own merit without constantly referring to the one you just left...well, that's like consistently comparing your new girlfriend to your ex-wife. Means something's wrong.
    Last edited by Araius; 02-05-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Araius View Post
    I don't understand why I have to stop playing a game I enjoy just because other people are frustrated about it. :/

I tried Rift. I can't get into it. I'm not cancelling WoW for now. If I do it certainly won't be because of Rift.

Why does there have to be this whole "OMG Blizz is the werst!! Let's show them gaiz!!1" mentality?

Just play what you enjoy, and stop trying to prove...whatever it is you're trying to prove. Seriously.
    No one said you have to cancel WOW.

Many WOW fanboi's over the years have basically acted like it's the best thing since sliced bread.This is why many want to bash Blizzard now.

To me WOW never was the best mmo,just fun and even funner then others cause that's what everyone was playing.Never the best though!

I will stop the sub on my WoW account for as long as I need to. I have a 6 month sub here so that's 7 months I'll be gone from WoW, maybe longer.

I'm not going to abandon it totally, though.

CPU:Intel Core i7-950/Corsair H70 MB:Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R GPU:eVGA GTX 570
    RAM:Corsair DOMINATOR 6GB DDR3 1600MHz SSD:Intel X25-V 40GBx2(RAID-0) HDD:2TB Seagate
    PSU:Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w (W0133RU) CASE:NZXT Phantom Case (WHITE) MONITOR: BenQ 24"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast