+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Post your canceled WOW screenshots

Why does this game have to be a "WoW killer"? Why can't it just be another MMO? >.>

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Valtael View Post
    Why does this game have to be a "WoW killer"? Why can't it just be another MMO? >.>
    I think you're the fist person to use the term "wow killer" in this thread.

Honestly, wow has too large a player base to simply be killed by one new game.

Especially since WoW has become far more tailored for younger players, who will enjoy their new PVP system that involves little effort in progression.

I personally enjoy the environment Rift has to offer, and the more realistic character models. Not to mention the game engine, and graphic resolution as a nice plus too.

I canceled WAR to come here. Does that count?

I cancelled my 2500 dk last month

General of Telara

I'm not going to bother with that, but yes my WoW account is cancelled. Will it stay cancelled? I hope so. Might it be reactivated? Yes, it might be.

Soulwalker

Will I cancel my WoW account? Maybe. Will it stay canceled? Most likely not.

The problem with WoW is this : It's getting old. Me, my roommate, and many many people you ask will freely admit that they are sick of playing the same damn game after 6 years.

But as sick of it as we are, it's #1 for a reason. It's the best MMO out there in the sense that it has a little bit for everyone.

LOL I cancelled my WoW account years ago when it started sucking.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Komaylis View Post
    Will I cancel my WoW account? Maybe. Will it stay canceled? Most likely not.

The problem with WoW is this : It's getting old. Me, my roommate, and many many people you ask will freely admit that they are sick of playing the same damn game after 6 years.

But as sick of it as we are, it's #1 for a reason. It's the best MMO out there in the sense that it has a little bit for everyone.
    WoW happens to be one of the worst MMO's I've played. I really can't see what people like about it.

If all the bads from WoW come to RIFT ... I might go back to WoW
    50 Adequate - Seastone - Cleric - Defiant
    50 Adequate - Laethys - Mage - Guardian

I canceled but still have about 30 days left on my prepaid card.Haven't logged into WOW for about 10 days though.

Come on 2/24!
    Last edited by Nevada; 02-05-2011 at 09:27 AM.

Sword of Telara

The only thing I am a bit worried about is the sheer number of players Rift might get. Cata doesn't seem to be doing so well. Might get more people looking into rift than expected which means full servers, queue times and lag.

No one cares if you canceled WOW it just gives me another reason to not stick with the game. I know and heard what the community was like in that game and it will be the same here.

Soulwalker

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/...lyquitguys.jpg

I'm not sure what good it's going to do canceling that account though.

Default RE: Post your canceled WOW screenshots

So i'm also planning on playing rift (loving it so far) and i have a WoW account, which i might at some point cancel, but i'm not finding myself feeling all the emotions that it seems others are, but it's funny to watch.

This may be because i don't have the same love for WoW that others do, because i still resent it for being the "EQ killer" which it was, yet i still played eq until last year, and there are still people playing EQ now.

but to me people canceling their accounts is like throwing away that last half a pack of smokes when your trying to quit, not because you don't want them, but because you do.

If you love WoW keep playing it, some of the best times i had in EQ were in the later years, once all the kids had moved on, yes there were even kids in EQ once lol.

i also remember the hundreds of people coming back to EQ, reactivating old accounts or even unhappily starting new ones because they had sold their old ones, after realizing that even though WoW had "killed" EQ they still wanted to play it anyway

all i'm really saying is chill out, even if Rift is the "WoW killer" (i'm sorry i just love how stupid that term is) people will be playing WoW for years, and EQ, and Rift, and hello kitty island or whatever else there is out there

you don't have to pick a side now.

I cancelled last May, does that make me bad?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast