+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: whoever got that last code...

Default whoever got that last code...

you sir have some fast mouse skills.
    I just sat down at the computer and refreshed my account log in and switched back to twitter and the tweet popped up. I copied and pasted as fast as I could and it was gone already. grats.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopy View Post
    I just sat down at the computer and refreshed my account log in and switched back to twitter and the tweet popped up. I copied and pasted as fast as I could and it was gone already. grats.
    I am not trying to get the key in this way, it is very difficult. I'm trying to win a key in the other open events.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopy View Post
    All of the keys previously were being won by people who simply wrote scripts to catch em. I dunno bout now though, perhaps it still happens perhaps not. EIther way it's almost impossible to get a key from there.

kz-

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    All of the keys previously were being won by people who simply wrote scripts to catch em. I dunno bout now though, perhaps it still happens perhaps not. EIther way it's almost impossible to get a key from there.
    to prevent this there should be random "prefixes" added to the keys, funny thing though, if they know it can be scripted they haven't done anything about it.

I thought I was fast, but the last few days of codes have slipped threw my fingers

Whats really sad is that a lot of these codes are being obtained by the same few people and being redistributed to their friends. They are getting them through scripts. Oh well though. Always another day.

kz-

Quote Originally Posted by Shanst View Post
    Whats really sad is that a lot of these codes are being obtained by the same few people and being redistributed to their friends. They are getting them through scripts. Oh well though. Always another day.
    a lot, also known as all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanst View Post
    Not true at all I won mine without any scripts what so ever... just had auto refresh on rest I did on my own.
    Recruiting HC PVP Raiders on the Defiant Side.
    "I am a well-oiled killing machine. With the fury of my blades, I can exploit your every weakness. With each swing of my weapons, your death quickly approaches. My mind and my blade are one."

Lets keep this sort of thing in OT where it belongs, please and thanks.
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    Lets keep this sort of thing in OT where it belongs, please and thanks.
    Half the post in this section belong there, but im sure the mods agree, its nice of you to do there work. lol

Rift Master

I am noticing a lot of people blaming scripts for getting the key but no one has shown any proof of this. I have a feeling that people just aren't fast enough and blaming other means because they got beat to the punch and just can't except that someone was faster then they are.

It reminds me of my days of playing UT 2003 when I would get blamed of running an aim bot because I got so good with the sniper rifle. No one had proof they all just assumed.

I also agree that trying to get a key this way is silly. If you really wanted a key that bad then you should have carved a pumpkin. I got my VIP Beta key via the bumper sticker contest but I entered every contest they had till I won something.

Quote Originally Posted by kz- View Post
    to prevent this there should be random "prefixes" added to the keys, funny thing though, if they know it can be scripted they haven't done anything about it.
    actually in fecebook on every code (well last few events) there was abigale or Abi in the code , which you needed to delete before using the code so no scripts there no more!
    Last edited by Duneadah; 11-05-2010 at 10:10 AM.
    ~We can break your machines Defiant, strip you of your power ! But you will never break our Will ,our belief in The Vigil~

Soulwalker

Why can't they just be like every other game and randomly hand them out instead of this lameness. Or how about based on the stuff they made us fill out like history and experience etc. At this point I'd pay for a beta code.

Why can't they just be like every other game and randomly hand them out instead of this lameness. Or how about based on the stuff they made us fill out like history and experience etc. At this point I'd pay for a beta code.
    They are...but we won't know about it, really. The 24/7 testers are picked from the beta thread and feedback etc. (or so they say) but they'll be under a strict NDA and can't tell us if they're in or not. The weekends are more like stress tests, really, so that's why they're handing out keys left and right. I know the terminology etc. sucks but we'll just have to wait and see how it all turns out. In the meantime, keep an eye out for something like the pumpkin carving event - it was a pretty easy way to get a key.

If I'm parsing the message for a string of length > 20, and I know the prefix, or even scattered hidden word; why can I not now change my script to filter these prefixes

StringTokenizer postTokens = new StringTokenizer(post);
    while(postTokens.hasMoreTokens())
    if(postTokens.nextToken().length > 20)
    // filter and substring here..

I don't know-- i haven't tried this, but it does intrigue me as a software engineer. To me, adding an element to the code only slows people entering rather then a program from what I can tell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast