+ Reply to Thread

Thread: They frackin' cancelled Caprica, grr!

Default They frackin' cancelled Caprica, grr!

They're not even going to let the season run out, but wrap it up with 5 more episodes in the spring. Damn, I know it started a bit slow but I liked the deliberate pacing, and the last several episodes looked like things were starting to gel nicley and pick up the pace on the way to much larger and exciting things. And I have to say I really love Sasha Roiz as Sam Adama. Great character and I was really looking forward to seeing where he was going. Meh, another good show killed before it got a good chance.
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

With the way BSG ended, are you REALLY shocked that the prequel didn't last?

I was just thinking to myself yesterday, man Caprica probably shouldn't last much longer, what with how BSG ended. Too many people we just disillusioned by that abomination they called a final season, probably not willing to throw their hats in the ole BSG ring again.

Sucks though.

well that's pretty disappointing, I liked that show a lot

Computer: Massive sexy beast that rocks your socks off

The problem with BSG was it seemed like from the get-go they didn't expect it to on for as long as it did and had to scramble to get episodes done. Something you think they would have taken into account for Caprica. I still think SyFy should have let it run a while longer. Let's face it, the first season for most shows aren't stellar. It generally takes 2 or 3 of them to hit their stride. And it kills me when I see all these goofy cable shows that you have to be borderline brain-dead to enjoy run for so many seasons, and something with some intelligence and more deliberate pacing that makes you think gets canned in a heartbeat.
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

I wondered why it wasn't on after Stargate Universe the other day.. That really sucks I liked the first season of Caprica a lot...... ><

they already have plans for a new show, I think the working title was "caprica: blood and chrome" it will be about the first cylon war.

Although I like Caprica, mostly, it was a Soap Opera style show pretending to be action adventure, with a heroic mystery quest just thrown in. And so failed at all three.

I almost cried when I saw this yesterday.

I mean seriously what is going on with TV these days? Do they not have a clue that most of the people watching are not part of the ratings?

What also is bad is there were interviews last week with the cast and they appeared to be clueless that this was happening to them.

Shame on you Syfi

This is really frackin sad. Caprica was the first show in a long while that was truly a science fiction show, not just a space opera or fantasy set in space. It wasn't about shooting or space battles or monsters, just about technology effecting the world and some other really serious issues. I shouldn't be surprised that it didn't last.

It's amazing that the completely intellectually and visually retarted Stargate show has been on for like 10 years and caprica gets cancelled after half a season.

/shakefist@tv.

At least they've not cancelled californication yet. but that does nothing for my Sci-FI needs. I suppose there is still fringe, but it's a bit too modeled on the X-Files for it's own good.

I didn't like Caprica at first but after watching a couple episodes I got into it. It's a shame they canceled it (the way they canceled it sucks!), but they're planning on doing a series focused on a young Adama still. What the hell? Why not let the Caprica story finish then go into Adama's story? Sometimes I wonder what the frack Scyfy is thinking. They waste money on some of the worst B movies I've ever seen then cancel or ruin some perfectly good series for what?

Noooooooo! This is really sad news. Although I liked BSG alot more, I still enjoyed Caprica.

I thought caprica was garbage. I am glad they are getting it off the air. They are going to be having a new show from BSG stuff anyways
    Hail to the king, Baby!

why are u surprised? it was doomed from day 1
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Quote Originally Posted by g0kuenuan View Post
    why are u surprised? it was doomed from day 1
    LIES! Complete Lies!

Computer: Massive sexy beast that rocks your socks off

It's TRUE! The facts are there!
    Hail to the king, Baby!

+ Reply to Thread