+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift's Future?

Default Rift's Future?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGTNvZ6Trac

I wonder if this is the future of Rift.
    If you're feeling down maybe one of these links will cheer you up. Only one way to know for certain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noneMROp_E8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdtm1Ezu3ro

Quote Originally Posted by Arthritis View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGTNvZ6Trac

I wonder if this is the future of Rift.
    There is alot of work going into the creation of autopathing and autocombat..

But yes, VP events for Champion weapon indeed feel like that game already.
    Last edited by Shas; 07-25-2020 at 03:59 PM.

Hierosolyma | Shas | Shaslol | Syenn | Azuren | Jeru | Katane

Plane Touched

I doubt Gamigo is going to convert Rift into a cash grab 2D browser game like League of Angels. The Gamigo main business model is to buy up old games cheap and keep them going essentially in maintenance mode.

They have been experimenting with a reboot of Archege, as Archeage Unchained, but that seems to have problems when they reneged on their promise that new content would be free for players who bought the game.

Rift Disciple

If you check steamcharts it will tell you a lot about the state of the game. Steamcharts is an estimation as well and does not count those players who may have the non steam version. (if it still exists) And does not count those who have the game but have not logged on in a while (like me)

As of 7/26/2020 At 3:58 PM PST, there were 387 players in rift who logged in from steam.
    In the whole month of June, Average player count was 339 with a peak of 791. Again, These numbers are just estimates but based on these estimates, I highly doubt new content is on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuick View Post
    If you check steamcharts it will tell you a lot about the state of the game. Steamcharts is an estimation as well and does not count those players who may have the non steam version. (if it still exists) And does not count those who have the game but have not logged on in a while (like me)

As of 7/26/2020 At 3:58 PM PST, there were 387 players in rift who logged in from steam.
    In the whole month of June, Average player count was 339 with a peak of 791. Again, These numbers are just estimates but based on these estimates, I highly doubt new content is on the way.
    Steam is only good for trends, not actual players numbers.
    I never use steam, most of my guild on both regions never use steam.
    Most people asking about steam are told to just use the normal Glyph launcher, as all steam does for you is open up a Glyph launcher anyways.
    So yes the 'non-steam version*' does very much exist and is used by the vast majority of the playerbase.
    No-one is saying that the numbers are not low.. but they are not 'steam only numbers' kind of low.

*there is also technically no such thing.. steam is just a way to launch glyph, it is not a different version of the game
    Last edited by caduto; 07-26-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kuick View Post

You would need a reference to other numbers to take a guess at the actual numbers. For example X steam players play “random” game with a known actual count of Y players. An equation of sorts.

Then you could guess total number of Rift players (rough estimate).

Logically, however, Rift has most definitely gone downhill, rapidly, over the past year with most sections in the forums nigh obsolete and not even looked at/monitored or completely pointless. The dev section is a copy/paste of events vs what devs are working on, showing us its nothing being worked on, which reflects actual patch notes that only promote sales every month when “new” patch notes come out.

I.e. playerbase is probably red-line low and getting lower with a 3 man team left to monitor the game and only fix game-breaking bugs. Just my educated guess.

Telaran

As long as people pay, game is around. There are few people in gamigo, who's part time job is to maintain it as is and it costs close to nothing for the company. If I had a guy doing 15min a day for some other project, I don't even consider it a cost.

Your spent money > server hosting, everything is fine.
    Last edited by kuradid; 07-30-2020 at 05:08 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by kuradid View Post
    As long as people pay, game is around. There are few people in gamigo, who's part time job is to maintain it as is and it costs close to nothing for the company. If I had a guy doing 15min a day for some other project, I don't even consider it a cost.

Your spent money > server hosting, everything is fine.
    Which is why I dont spend money on Rift anymore-havent for a while. Ironically an older MMO Im revisiting is getting the money I would have spent on Rift if the game was even being maintained in a decent fashion or sometimes actually fixed.

But yea I agree they have complete part timers. Not to be mean to some on here but there are like multiple players throwing out grand ideas to a deaf owner. Its almost funny. The ship is completely cyclic now rehashing everything over and over. Its so over the top obvious Im just wondering how people havent figured this out yet. Still. I come back for the laughs.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 08-02-2020 at 03:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread