+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Meet and Greet!

Plane Touched

Elariok,

You know what would gain some credit with the community, that would set you outside the parade of pointless CMs in the years since Trion stopped giving a damn? This:

Say that in a week, you'll have answers. In that week, do your damndest to get the answers. If there aren't any that you can find... and this will very likely be the case... come back to the community here and tell us how you've tried, you've contacted various people in the chain of command at Gamigo (and list them and their positions), but that there simply aren't any answers forthcoming. In other words, be our advocate, NOT the advocate for the company. SHOW US that you're more than just the latest mouthpiece that's been hired to say empty words that'll keep the remaining community quiet a little longer... until the next CM comes along to replace you and do the same thing.

If you don't, there's literally no point in you being here as an employee of Gamigo. None. Making a few community ambassadors isn't going to improve anything, it's a waste of your time, a waste of everyone's time. It's the sort of thing that maybe might make sense in a thriving game of WoW's scale, but makes zero sense in a game as near-dead as Rift is.

I care about this game, as corpselike as it is in the present. I'd love to see it regain health again, and it's the reason I'm still here, even if I almost never log into the game anymore. But seriously, don't waste our time. Demonstrate that you are different... but don't give us the old words that we've heard so many times before, from so many CMs of Trion and Gamigo.

Everybody chill for a second, read what has been written, and written previously.
    • Since acquisition, I suspect Gamingo's job description of CM has been heavily modified and powers restricted.
    • I have no doubt previously player "feedback" was supplied, but was accidentally placed in "file 13" or gathering dust.
    Most likely the game producer and up dictate job scope and powers. Unfortunately they are unable to produce an incredulously late customary state of the game letter.

Think we're barking up the wrong tree.
    Regards,
    Last edited by Dizbo; 03-10-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizbo View Post
    Think we're barking up the wrong tree.
    Yes and no.

Yes: We should technically be barking up Acalos' tree instead, since he is the Assistant Product Manager and thus higher up the foodchain than the CMs.

No: All the CMs that introduce themselves as being there FOR us have done nothing FOR us in this regard. If this latest edition wants to distinguish himself from his predecessors, he will do as suggested by Videssian. Otherwise, he truly is.... not needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

Quote Originally Posted by Videssian View Post
    Elariok,

<snip>
    Say that in a week, you'll have answers. In that week, do your damndest to get the answers. If there aren't any that you can find... and this will very likely be the case... come back to the community here and tell us how you've tried, you've contacted various people in the chain of command at Gamigo (and list them and their positions), but that there simply aren't any answers forthcoming. In other words, be our advocate, NOT the advocate for the company. SHOW US that you're more than just the latest mouthpiece that's been hired to say empty words that'll keep the remaining community quiet a little longer... until the next CM comes along to replace you and do the same thing.
    ----
    Say, the newest team employee during week 1 of assignment - decides to barge into the bosses office [who signs their paycheck] make demands - and threatens to publish inside company information/structure.

Now there's a recipe for professional suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Yes and no.

Yes: We should technically be barking up Acalos' tree instead, since he is the Assistant Product Manager and thus higher up the foodchain than the CMs.

No: All the CMs that introduce themselves as being there FOR us have done nothing FOR us in this regard. If this latest edition wants to distinguish himself from his predecessors, he will do as suggested by Videssian. Otherwise, he truly is.... not needed.
    ----
    He has not even been here a WEEK and has already shared the top priority he has been assigned in his current job description.

I get the frustration level but strongly feel it would be more productive to take these issues to management where the fundamental failures are, this thread has been derailed enough.
    Last edited by Dizbo; 03-10-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Plane Touched

----
    Say, the newest team employee during week 1 of assignment - decides to barge into the bosses office [who signs their paycheck] make demands - and threatens to publish inside company information/structure.

Now there's a recipe for professional suicide.
    Demands? Hardly. Sure, his bosses might not be thrilled, his marching orders are probably something along the lines of "keep the community quiet and distracted", but how in any way does that serve the community? But he can still ask the questions. If he gets told to "do your job and shut up", he at the very least can tell us that he was told that, in nicer language.

If he doesn't get us some answers or tells us that he is being refused answers, then to reiterate what I said before, what's the point of him even being here for??? How is he different from every other CM we've had these past many months?

It's hardly "inside company information/structure" I'm asking for.

As to the " publish inside company information/structure", perhaps the names go a little too far, but then again, Gamigo is a public company, yeah? This sort of thing is probably a matter of public record and would help bolster his credibility. True, I'm not expecting it. I'm not expecting ANY positive result of anything I've said, really at best I'll get a neutral one, "We value your input, etc etc etc".

I'm frustrated. Nothing personal to you, Elariok, nothing personal at all, I'm just so very frustrated at yet another CM who says the same old things, and nothing ever changes. Nothing.

----
    He has not even been here a WEEK and has already shared the top priority he has been assigned in his current job description.

I get the frustration level but strongly feel it would be more productive to take these issues to management where the fundamental failures are, this thread has been derailed enough.
    Which matters how, when it's the same old thing? He's to set up community ambassadors. What community, and who really cares? It's not what's needed, it's just a distraction. Add tons of users because of new content. THEN there will be a community that could use ambassadors.

Management? He *is* management as far as we're concerned. He's the public face of Gamigo. It's what he's hired for, at least in part. He talks to us, so that the higher ups don't have to.

Say, the newest team employee during week 1 of assignment
    ----
    You are assuming that he is a brand new hire. Nothing in the announcement post or this one indicates that.

Been there, done that. Have you noticed any difference?
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are

Gamigo is a public company, yeah? This sort of thing is probably a matter of public record and would help bolster his credibility. True, I'm not expecting it. I'm not expecting ANY positive result of anything I've said, really at best I'll get a neutral one, "We value your input, etc etc etc".
    Small point here that may be worth noting is that as it stands right now Gamigo is 99% owned by one shareholder, who has stated they intend on acquiring the remaining share, which would take Gamigo out of "public" ownership and into private ownership which would make some information less visible.

All that being said, I would still love to see Rift having a bit of new life breathed into it, having players drawn back in, maybe some thank you messages coming out from Gamigo etc. to the community who have stuck loyally to the game through all the corporate changes in the last 2 years, and if more devs are now coming to the game then perhaps we will see some changes.

So new CM, good luck and if you need any help in the game just as as though our community is much smaller than it used to be it is full of pretty cool people so they will all come and do things with you...

If you build it....they will come...

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #38

Quote Originally Posted by AtoningUnifex View Post
    Welcome to Rift, good luck, be open honest and timely in responses and you might do alright as this community has shown more patience and brand loyalty than should or could reasonably be expected.

Investment and return on investment is great for the shareholders, but any business that does not continue to improve or adapt its product to an evolving customer base basically is not interested in doing business any more.

So I wish you well, I hope you are finally going to be able to lift the veil of secrecy from around all the vague promises of the last few years (yes YEARS! - in a digital marketplace a month is a long time without new content or updates - and running old events does not make new content).

I also wanted to check that this article is not going to have a negative impact on all of the vagaries around "just wait and watch - there's cool stuff coming": https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/ga...111032575.html and yes I realise this is a little older, trying to get a sense of if growth and interest in ambassadors as a result of this article, or despite it.

Apologies if this comes across as a little despondent, actually used to be one of your staunchest advocates...
    Thanks!

I can guarantee you that this is neither a consequence nor a result of the article.

Elariok,

You know what would gain some credit with the community, that would set you outside the parade of pointless CMs in the years since Trion stopped giving a damn? This:

If you don't, there's literally no point in you being here as an employee of Gamigo. None. Making a few community ambassadors isn't going to improve anything, it's a waste of your time, a waste of everyone's time. It's the sort of thing that maybe might make sense in a thriving game of WoW's scale, but makes zero sense in a game as near-dead as Rift is.

I care about this game, as corpselike as it is in the present. I'd love to see it regain health again, and it's the reason I'm still here, even if I almost never log into the game anymore. But seriously, don't waste our time. Demonstrate that you are different... but don't give us the old words that we've heard so many times before, from so many CMs of Trion and Gamigo.
    That is exactly what I will try my best to do. As mentioned before, I'd love to not only work for you, but be a part of you, and I believe the CA program will be a tool to achieve that.

So new CM, good luck and if you need any help in the game just as as though our community is much smaller than it used to be it is full of pretty cool people so they will all come and do things with you...

If you build it....they will come...

That is great to hear and that is also what I experienced so far .

Quote Originally Posted by Elariok View Post
    That is exactly what I will try my best to do. As mentioned before, I'd love to not only work for you, but be a part of you, and I believe the CA program will be a tool to achieve that.
    Yep well you've just lost most of us there. If you're going to support this nonsense then you're as bad as the rest. Playing a front when you don't truely believe in it yourself.

Whatever, its a job to you. I appreciate everyone has to get their money somewhere, but don't expect any respect from us, as your job role specifically entails lieing to the community. You're just a PA for an oil firm.
    Last edited by Refuge; 03-11-2020 at 02:21 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

That is exactly what I will try my best to do. As mentioned before, I'd love to not only work for you, but be a part of you
    Then you will continue to push and push and push the issue to your superiors, until you get an answer that WE can use. Not just settle for "oh, they told me great things are coming, so Please Wait Some More and it will be awesome". Push until you have something solid to tell us. If you can't get that information, your best is not good enough.

and I believe the CA program will be a tool to achieve that.
    It won't. It truly won't. The CA program is NOT set up to be useful to anyone but Gamigo, as that means they won't have to do the stuff themselves and pay their staff to do it. It is essentially unpaid staff, even though they are officially called volunteers.

If you want to keep your job, you do what your real life boss tells you to do, obviously.
    If you want to be a part of US, you make sure that WE are happy. Your predecessors have failed massively at that.
    If you can only keep saying the same thing they've been saying, like Please Wait Some More, then you are not needed and you will not be a part of US. You will not be a COMMUNITY Manager. You will be some random purple-coloured name on the forum that is easily ignored.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 03-11-2020 at 03:32 AM.

Wink

Those comments had me laughing so hard, especially the weird all vid.

SYNERGIES~

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Videssian
    Elariok,

You heard it here, folks! Agreement!

So, Elariok, today is March 11th. Add a week + a day for reasonable margin/time zone confusion and we come up with March 19th.

I very much look forward to your substantive news (or clear declaration that substantive news will not be forthcoming) on March 19th by 5pm PST.

You'll have had more than a week, and if you don't follow through, you'll have met our worst expectations...well, but I'm sure you will follow through, yeah? You're a person of your word, one hopes. So we'll see.

I will add this: Don't expect news of some upcoming seasonal event or tweaks to classes or some new promo to which we can spend money to buy some box to count as content. It isn't. If you pull that, as other CMs have, expect to get a bad response from many here.

Plane Touched

Small point here that may be worth noting is that as it stands right now Gamigo is 99% owned by one shareholder, who has stated they intend on acquiring the remaining share, which would take Gamigo out of "public" ownership and into private ownership which would make some information less visible.
    Good point. I don't know if it'll change anything. At this point, almost any change would be worthwhile. I'd hate for the game to close as a result of this, I really would, but at least we'd know *something*.

It's like a missing loved one after months of absence. Suddenly, there's change. Will it be news that the loved one has been dead all this time? Horrible news but at the same time there's much needed closure and people can move on with their lives (= other games)... but the news could be that the person has been found alive!! (= actual investment by the new owners to revive Rift).

Hopefully we'll know soon.

Good point. I don't know if it'll change anything. At this point, almost any change would be worthwhile. I'd hate for the game to close as a result of this, I really would, but at least we'd know *something*.

It's like a missing loved one after months of absence. Suddenly, there's change. Will it be news that the loved one has been dead all this time? Horrible news but at the same time there's much needed closure and people can move on with their lives (= other games)... but the news could be that the person has been found alive!! (= actual investment by the new owners to revive Rift).

Hopefully we'll know soon.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Others here have been banned for really dumb reasons, like for example trying to take off a double charge from their account by gamigo.To be fair, I would be doing that too If I had to pay periodic interest payments on the bond, of something like 6,000,000$ when the game is only making 3,000,000$ revenue per year.

There's a reason there hasn't been much content outside of monetization systems for Rift, Why do you guys think they're trying to go private?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast