+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Wildcardgal
  • 1 Post By Videssian

Thread: Any other games that you play and what are they?

Default Any other games that you play and what are they?

I switch games as I get bored with them and have rotated Rift, GW2 and Age of Conan with some Aion thrown in sometimes, it has been a few years doing this. I also just stop playing for a while. What games do you play?

I just hit level 50 in ESO. It's okay, got an active community but actually has more bugs and annoying "features" than RIFT does. I'd still say it's worth the money.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

I was playing GW2. It's a good game but the insane amount of drops and crafting materials is a huge turnoff. I feel like I spend 50% of my time playing that game disassembling stuff and clearing out my bags.

I just started playing SoulWorker and that's been a lot of fun so far. The fighting and animations are extremely fluid. The story is engaging, and the content is instanced with various difficulty modes. It also has wardrobe stuff and it's own version of dimensions that I haven't tried much of yet.
    Last edited by Skiye; 06-20-2019 at 07:35 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Rift Disciple

I play Paladins as my main game now, (switched from rift for obvious reasons) and I enjoy it. It's similar to overwatch and f2p. I also play Dauntless which is also f2p and is similar to Rift's zone event bosses except they hit hard and mechanics actually matter. There is only 1 town and you queue up to go out to the wild and hunt behemoths. A similar more complex non f2p game would be Monster Hunter World. Anyways I'll let the video do the talking, it's not my gameplay btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzANIuaYag

Champion of Telara

@Kuick Dauntless looks cool

Except Rift I only play VR games most of the time Beat Saber, Echo Arena and Eleven Table Tennis.
    Eleven Table Tennis feels almost like reality except you don't have to run after the balls. I have actually improved my real table tennis skills because of the game. I find it impressive that something like this can be simulated so realistic.

I'm playing with an Oculus Rift, looks like I can get excited about anything that has Rift written on it ;)

I have left Rift( for the time being) to play on a WOW server that is utterly awesome!!!

I am addicted! It is a classless server called Project Ascension. I think most Rift players would enjoy it as you can spec in any way shape or form, you want to with all class talents available to you. So it reminds me of Rift in many ways. Also it is a vanilla server with WOTLK talents which I find pretty cool. I play on one of their legacy servers called Laughing Skull and you can choose high risk where you can pvp out in the world and find epic gear but you take a risk of loosing your gear to other players, however you can turn it off or switch to no risk and avoid world pvp if you choose at anytime. Its just a really cool concept that more and more people are joining the game everyday. The dev's do well at bugs/crashes and keeping the game steady and fun. They have seasonal servers with a wildcard concept where you get what talents you roll on which makes it more fun and even I think. After the season ends your toons are transferred to a legacy server. They also try to keep all the spells balanced so no one is OP.

I was going to go to Vanilla WoW when it launches at the end of summer but honestly I really dont want to because I've already done it back when the game launched. This Project Ascension server is way fun! Also you find random enchants you can save to put on a piece of gear of your choice, which is a very unique system.

In the open world they have a thing called invasions and you can get great gear from doing those as well as a thing called a crows chest that spawns randomly in the world, where you have to be on high risk but if no one shows up to get the chest , its all yours and the loot is mostly epics.

Honestly, I never thought I would find a game to replace Rift, but I've been there for a few weeks now and just having a blast!

I'm running a hunter build with frost mage spells for those that are familiar with wow and I do pretty good. I'm trying out a shadow priest/lock build as well. Its just endless what you can create, however you dont want to gimp your toon so be careful of what talents you choose. I always try to focus on the spells that give me crit bonus.
    They have dailys you can do to get a box full of gear some epic and other goodies So everyone has a chance to be good on the server. Some dailies include turning in 10 herbs or 20 ore's which is low lvl crafting, I do those everytime I get it , since its so easy to get the box of rewards. Also we do the city bosses and both horde and Alli can team up and do them together. Everyone gets a spell you cast on yourself to enable you to attack your own faction/city bosses and those are so much fun and the rewards are awesome raid gear.

Have a look into it guys, there are videos on youtube under Project Ascension. The game is very easy to download and get started as well. Like most WOW personal servers, this one is the best maintained and the population is growing big time. If interested its easy to get started on my server Laughing Skull, many helpful people, so you get the feel of the game. It still is vanilla wow but with many bonuses and the xp is boosted so your not taking months to hit lvl 60. If anyone is interested, pm me I can help you get started or even invite you to my guild. We are planning on raiding soon if that is something you would like to try.

The game is not play to win like many WoW personal servers ,you can buy xp potions which is truly not needed at all, most things are just fluff items in their shop to keep the servers going.

I will always come back to Rift to check on things because I fell in love with this game 5 years ago, but I think its time for me to move on, at least for now.

Take care all.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Default Other games I love ....

My go-to games when I'm not playing Rift are Dragon Age and Mass Effect ... yes, even the ones everyone else hates. I love exploratory games and games where I don't have to interact with 'real people' when I don't feel like it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcardgal View Post
    My go-to games when I'm not playing Rift are Dragon Age and Mass Effect ... yes, even the ones everyone else hates. I love exploratory games and games where I don't have to interact with 'real people' when I don't feel like it.
    Absolutely same for me, i am big fan of BW and i even enjoy Anthem. About mmo's...i have tried eso, gw2, swtor ,nwo and few other but nothing can beat rift for me, even in it's current form.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcardgal View Post
    I still replay Mass Effect.. in fact, just started a new playthrough yesterday! I, too, love exploratory games and games where I don't have to interact with others when I don't feel like it... though a game feels more alive when activity is happening around you anyway.

FFXIV is my reluctant replacement for Rift. I still don't like the feel of the combat and the way combat works, but I can hold my nose and play for the story and the life/action all around me. It'll do until something better comes along... or until Rift gets sold off to some company who will treat it properly. (I know, not holding my breath)

+ Reply to Thread