+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Question

Quote Originally Posted by Udoing View Post
    SSD is a must.Bigger the better.Optane looks nice if you got spare cash.
    Are these the same thing? I have seen some Optane options but is that instead of SSD? Sorry not familiar with this much.
    nerf MrWidoes

Rift Chaser

Building your own sounds harder than it is. My issues when building have always been that there are so many choices. I suggest you spend some time looking over the completed builds on https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/ (Clowd previously linked one of the builds from this site) and reading the comments. But whatever you decide, Good Luck!

I put this together for roughly $900. Should I go with this or am I missing something. Really appreciate feedback thank you all.

CybertronPC Rhodium GXM7200I
    Eight-Core AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (3GHz)
    Windows 10 (64 bit)
    16GB DDR4-2400 (65GB max)
    1TB hard drive
    240GB SSD
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

Is 900 too much for this?
    nerf MrWidoes

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    Are these the same thing? I have seen some Optane options but is that instead of SSD? Sorry not familiar with this much.
    Afaik, Optane is just an accelarator for HDDs. M.2-SSD Drives are still faster. What I did was buy a 500GB M.2-SSD Drive for Windows and Games and store data on an additional HDD. If a 500GB M.2-SSD Drive is too expensive for you, buy a 250GB M.2-SSD Drive and use it for Windows and your most used game(s) and store the rest on an additional HDD.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

New 4K 21:9-Ratio Videos: http://youtube.com/astheatv

Fia

I put this together for roughly $900. Should I go with this or am I missing something. Really appreciate feedback thank you all.

Windows 10 (64 bit)
    1TB hard drive
    240GB SSD

Seems like a good deal to me. But wait until you get some more opinions, not just mine, I haven't looked into it indepth. (:
    Last edited by Fia; 01-04-2018 at 08:24 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

New 4K 21:9-Ratio Videos: http://youtube.com/astheatv

Windows 10 (64 bit)
    1TB hard drive
    240GB SSD

Are there disadvantages to only having 16gb RAM? I see alot of people going for 32gb and other say it doesn't do much unless you need it.
    nerf MrWidoes

Windows 10 (64 bit)
    1TB hard drive
    240GB SSD

$900 is exceptionally reasonable for that system! I definitely recommend going for it!
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

one thing.. this is the same as the preset from some stores that sell for 999$

I don't know enough about the Ryzen coolingwise, but you may want to look into a different cooler than the standard,

sidenotes..

check if you need extra cooling (system cooler)
    the slots availability/need for your Ram.. 1x 16 or 2x8. If you go for multiple ram, make sure they come from a kit/the same production line, since 2 separate bought ram may not work well together.

16g ram should do fine. this game has been around since 2011... so basically the requirements are based on settings that were regular/high in those days.
    new games like wolfenstein 2 may require 16g with a preference for 32g.

By the time that 32G becomes the general requisite for playing a game, you may be looking at a pc to replace this one ^^

As this is your first build, keep your old comp next to it. Read the manual for the ram slots. Read the manual for the switches. (which wire to connect where.)

And above all, if you yourself have to install your processor/cooler on the mainboard, do NOT forget the silverpaste

When holding the different parts inside the case, make sure you demagnitize your hands upfront. Just stroke the case with your hands first ^^.

Don't touch the flat spaces on the graphics card, hold it carefully at the sides.
    check the processor before laying it on the mainboard, it can only fit one way, so watch the corners of the processor.

don't touch the surface of the processor with your fingers.
    Silverpaste.. a very thin layer.. use a credit card to spread the paste.
    Last edited by Aranka; 01-07-2018 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    one thing.. this is the same as the preset from some stores that sell for 999$

I don't know enough about the Ryzen coolingwise, but you may want to look into a different cooler than the standard,

sidenotes..

check if you need extra cooling (system cooler)
    the slots availability/need for your Ram.. 1x 16 or 2x8. If you go for multiple ram, make sure they come from a kit/the same production line, since 2 separate bought ram may not work well together.

16g ram should do fine. this game has been around since 2011... so basically the requirements are based on settings that were regular/high in those days.
    new games like wolfenstein 2 may require 16g with a preference for 32g.

By the time that 32G becomes the general requisite for playing a game, you may be looking at a pc to replace this one ^^

As this is your first build, keep your old comp next to it. Read the manual for the ram slots. Read the manual for the switches. (which wire to connect where.)

And above all, if you yourself have to install your processor/cooler on the mainboard, do NOT forget the silverpaste

When holding the different parts inside the case, make sure you demagnitize your hands upfront. Just stroke the case with your hands first ^^.

Don't touch the flat spaces on the graphics card, hold it carefully at the sides.
    check the processor before laying it on the mainboard, it can only fit one way, so watch the corners of the processor.

don't touch the surface of the processor with your fingers.
    Silverpaste.. a very thin layer.. use a credit card to spread the paste.
    Thanks! And what I listed above is already built I just happened to find it on sale at a local store and it seemed to have most of what I was looking for already.
    nerf MrWidoes

This is the version of optane i'm talking about.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...0p-series.html

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Afaik, Optane is just an accelarator for HDDs. M.2-SSD Drives are still faster. What I did was buy a 500GB M.2-SSD Drive for Windows and Games and store data on an additional HDD. If a 500GB M.2-SSD Drive is too expensive for you, buy a 250GB M.2-SSD Drive and use it for Windows and your most used game(s) and store the rest on an additional HDD.

Isp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Udoing View Post
    This is the version of optane i'm talking about.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...0p-series.html
    In rift I predict 0.003% speed improvement over m.2 nvme ssd
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2