+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Question

  1. #16
    Plane Walker Poshy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udoing View Post
    SSD is a must.Bigger the better.Optane looks nice if you got spare cash.
    Are these the same thing? I have seen some Optane options but is that instead of SSD? Sorry not familiar with this much.
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

  2. #17
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Building your own sounds harder than it is. My issues when building have always been that there are so many choices. I suggest you spend some time looking over the completed builds on https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/ (Clowd previously linked one of the builds from this site) and reading the comments. But whatever you decide, Good Luck!

  3. #18
    Plane Walker Poshy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    435

    Default

    I put this together for roughly $900. Should I go with this or am I missing something. Really appreciate feedback thank you all.

    CybertronPC Rhodium GXM7200I
    Eight-Core AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (3GHz)
    Windows 10 (64 bit)
    16GB DDR4-2400 (65GB max)
    1TB hard drive
    240GB SSD
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

    Is 900 too much for this?
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

  4. #19
    Fia
    Fia is offline
    Champion of Telara Fia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    Are these the same thing? I have seen some Optane options but is that instead of SSD? Sorry not familiar with this much.
    Afaik, Optane is just an accelarator for HDDs. M.2-SSD Drives are still faster. What I did was buy a 500GB M.2-SSD Drive for Windows and Games and store data on an additional HDD. If a 500GB M.2-SSD Drive is too expensive for you, buy a 250GB M.2-SSD Drive and use it for Windows and your most used game(s) and store the rest on an additional HDD.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

    Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv


  5. #20
    Fia
    Fia is offline
    Champion of Telara Fia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    I put this together for roughly $900. Should I go with this or am I missing something. Really appreciate feedback thank you all.

    CybertronPC Rhodium GXM7200I
    Eight-Core AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (3GHz)
    Windows 10 (64 bit)
    16GB DDR4-2400 (65GB max)
    1TB hard drive
    240GB SSD
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

    Is 900 too much for this?
    Seems like a good deal to me. But wait until you get some more opinions, not just mine, I haven't looked into it indepth. (:
    Last edited by Fia; 01-04-2018 at 08:24 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

    Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv


  6. #21
    Plane Walker Poshy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    I put this together for roughly $900. Should I go with this or am I missing something. Really appreciate feedback thank you all.

    CybertronPC Rhodium GXM7200I
    Eight-Core AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (3GHz)
    Windows 10 (64 bit)
    16GB DDR4-2400 (65GB max)
    1TB hard drive
    240GB SSD
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

    Is 900 too much for this?
    Are there disadvantages to only having 16gb RAM? I see alot of people going for 32gb and other say it doesn't do much unless you need it.
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

  7. #22
    Rift Chaser Clowd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    I put this together for roughly $900. Should I go with this or am I missing something. Really appreciate feedback thank you all.

    CybertronPC Rhodium GXM7200I
    Eight-Core AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (3GHz)
    Windows 10 (64 bit)
    16GB DDR4-2400 (65GB max)
    1TB hard drive
    240GB SSD
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

    Is 900 too much for this?
    $900 is exceptionally reasonable for that system! I definitely recommend going for it!
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

  8. #23
    Prophet of Telara Aranka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    one thing.. this is the same as the preset from some stores that sell for 999$

    I don't know enough about the Ryzen coolingwise, but you may want to look into a different cooler than the standard,

    sidenotes..

    check if you need extra cooling (system cooler)
    the slots availability/need for your Ram.. 1x 16 or 2x8. If you go for multiple ram, make sure they come from a kit/the same production line, since 2 separate bought ram may not work well together.

    16g ram should do fine. this game has been around since 2011... so basically the requirements are based on settings that were regular/high in those days.
    new games like wolfenstein 2 may require 16g with a preference for 32g.

    By the time that 32G becomes the general requisite for playing a game, you may be looking at a pc to replace this one ^^

    As this is your first build, keep your old comp next to it. Read the manual for the ram slots. Read the manual for the switches. (which wire to connect where.)

    And above all, if you yourself have to install your processor/cooler on the mainboard, do NOT forget the silverpaste

    When holding the different parts inside the case, make sure you demagnitize your hands upfront. Just stroke the case with your hands first ^^.

    Don't touch the flat spaces on the graphics card, hold it carefully at the sides.
    check the processor before laying it on the mainboard, it can only fit one way, so watch the corners of the processor.

    don't touch the surface of the processor with your fingers.
    Silverpaste.. a very thin layer.. use a credit card to spread the paste.
    Last edited by Aranka; 01-07-2018 at 06:46 AM.

  9. #24
    Plane Walker Poshy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    one thing.. this is the same as the preset from some stores that sell for 999$

    I don't know enough about the Ryzen coolingwise, but you may want to look into a different cooler than the standard,

    sidenotes..

    check if you need extra cooling (system cooler)
    the slots availability/need for your Ram.. 1x 16 or 2x8. If you go for multiple ram, make sure they come from a kit/the same production line, since 2 separate bought ram may not work well together.

    16g ram should do fine. this game has been around since 2011... so basically the requirements are based on settings that were regular/high in those days.
    new games like wolfenstein 2 may require 16g with a preference for 32g.

    By the time that 32G becomes the general requisite for playing a game, you may be looking at a pc to replace this one ^^

    As this is your first build, keep your old comp next to it. Read the manual for the ram slots. Read the manual for the switches. (which wire to connect where.)

    And above all, if you yourself have to install your processor/cooler on the mainboard, do NOT forget the silverpaste

    When holding the different parts inside the case, make sure you demagnitize your hands upfront. Just stroke the case with your hands first ^^.

    Don't touch the flat spaces on the graphics card, hold it carefully at the sides.
    check the processor before laying it on the mainboard, it can only fit one way, so watch the corners of the processor.

    don't touch the surface of the processor with your fingers.
    Silverpaste.. a very thin layer.. use a credit card to spread the paste.
    Thanks! And what I listed above is already built I just happened to find it on sale at a local store and it seemed to have most of what I was looking for already.
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

  10. #25
    Rift Disciple Udoing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    This is the version of optane i'm talking about.

    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...0p-series.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Afaik, Optane is just an accelarator for HDDs. M.2-SSD Drives are still faster. What I did was buy a 500GB M.2-SSD Drive for Windows and Games and store data on an additional HDD. If a 500GB M.2-SSD Drive is too expensive for you, buy a 250GB M.2-SSD Drive and use it for Windows and your most used game(s) and store the rest on an additional HDD.
    'condescending' | VRUM MAJIS! BOR BUR!! |

  11. #26
    Isp
    Isp is online now
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udoing View Post
    This is the version of optane i'm talking about.

    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...0p-series.html
    In rift I predict 0.003% speed improvement over m.2 nvme ssd
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts