+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Loot Box Legislation

Question

Would this also apply to the Patron Sparkle Quest since it requires paying the monthly patron in order to accept and complete it?

and what about grab bags for dims, pets, mounts, and the other various randoms they sell us?

Would purchased Fragment boxes need to be separated into currecny bought RNG and cash bought one quality per price point?

I for one after spending 10-12k$ to max out silver tier before the Dragon Hoarde pack saved players 4k$ of loyalty at the cost of 250$ would easily spend just as much more to obtain lockboxes with more guranteed value or pick-one-loot tables knowing I would get my moneys worth

when I buy equip bundles I know I am getting what I pay for, with lockboxes I have no clue what I will get, and I aint gonna lie I bought enough lockboxes to get enough Legion Datagrams to buy two pieces of T2 gear now before I even made it to IROTP raiding

its amazing the marketting department hasnt reallized how the promise of quality is so more enticing to those of us whose money burns holes in our pockets

That's actually a good point, where will the line be drawn? I guess we'll find out if this all goes through and spreads to other countries/states.

Rift Chaser

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/...otential-harm/

It looks at least one US senator has this on her Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/...otential-harm/

It looks at least one US senator has this on her Radar
    You bet me to it, was just about to post about this

Senator Chris Lee has just released an update video which among other things shows the ESA and other lobbyists discussing lootboxes in Hawaii. Interesting stuff.

The ESRB has responded to external pressure and is implementing a new box label system in an attempt to look proactive and steer the conversation away from lootboxes which is the real issue.

If there was any doubt, this only goes to show who's interests the ESRB have in mind and its not the consumer.

Soulwalker

Default Loot boxes

To be honest, whilst the legislation may have impacts. The effects on Rift should be meaningless to players because the random loot boxes suck so badly I only ever buy them to earn some loyalty when feeling rich. Better of buying more charges or something which is useful. But even then I can only run so many crifts before I am bored.
    I mean, who really wants a blue trinket for lvl 70, more warfront or dungeon charges (I am patron) more celestial remnants, favor (really???) and a whole heap of stuff which is locked to that character, mostly completely useless. They are perhaps the biggest rip off item in this game and Trion should be ashamed at offering them as they currently stand.
    The mounts sell for approx 5K platinum, if thats what someone is after, buy one off AH.
    I dont think the concept is bad, but there are much better ways of doing the random box thing to ensure some actual value comes from them. Why lock a Tenebraum Engine to a character when it could be used for an alt for instance. How about dispensing tickets which can be spent on items in a ticket shop. Oh sure, you may need to keep updating with new ticket items, but enabling some real value from these may mean people decide to chase the contents.
    You should be really embarassed about these Trion and remove them from the shop. It shows a real lack of respect to your customers to offer these in their current format.
    Last edited by Grumpyoldman; 06-08-2018 at 11:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3