+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Haunted Houses

Default Haunted Houses

I am so jealous, but hope Rift will have some like this in the furture, EQ2 is having a haunted house decorating contest on their test server. Had 140 entries. Wish I could see them all.

I'm in a post-anesthesia haze, so I'm enjoying all the Halloween festivities on the internet. I may get trick or treaters. But nothing else being done for me.

But I do hope that Rift will release housing later on. I enjoy decorating. Sigh.

Holiday events have to be one of my favorite aspects to MMOs and i believe a large portion of the community agrees with me. To use EQ2 as an example their haunted house was a blast for me the first time through, and I even yelped when the final zombie popped out at the end. Having in game items from the holiday events was also a nice bonus because it gave you something to either decorate your house with (the candles, fireplaces and such) that helped make the player's house their own. Those items where also effectively used by taverns and other public RP events to give the feeling of the holidays. (Some where done quite well and felt like their own 'game created' holiday event')

In short I'm hoping that Trion puts in some holiday events and if *or once* they put in player housing they allow us to be able to decorate our avatar's home for the holidays.

I agree! i stated in another post that I hope Rift does something like "Nights of the Dead" in Everquest II. There were so many more people online durring the festivities and it made things very enjoyable. And a bit of change to the average gameplay.

+ Reply to Thread