+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NASA About to Announce Discovery of Alien Life?

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Default NASA About to Announce Discovery of Alien Life?

Take this with a grain of salt but Hacker Group Anonymous seem convinced that NASA are about to officially announce the discovery of Alien life.

According to this video they posted a few days ago, during the last meeting of the U.S. Science, Space and Technology committee a Nasa spokesperson, Professor Thomas Zurbuchen, stated:
    "Our civilization is on the verge of discovering evidence of alien life in the cosmos.
    Taking into account all of the different activities and missions that are searching for alien life, we are on the verge of making one of the most profound, unprecedented discoveries in history."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGh8n1XxDrg

"Take this with a grain of salt?"

Sounds like something the government would say.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Taking into account all of the different activities and missions that are searching for alien life, we are on the verge of making one of the most profound, unprecedented discoveries in history.
    "We're searching very hard, so we must find something soon". I doubt that a person with a degree in... well, any person with a degree would ever state such a BS (except when seriously drunk, or looking for new investors).

But hey, wouldn't it be nice if that logic would really work? I for one would surely start to look very hard for that stash of gold hidden under my monitor.
    Last edited by Elayara; 06-25-2017 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    "We're searching very hard, so we must find something soon". I doubt that a person with a degree in... well, any person with a degree would ever state such a BS (except when seriously drunk, or looking for new investors).

But hey, wouldn't it be nice if that logic would really work? I for one would surely start to look very hard for that stash of gold hidden under my monitor.
    Well, I know for a fact it doesn't work well, if at all, in game. I keep saying this Boss/Golem will drop an Engine for me, but I just keep getting Dodge or Spell Crit fragments instead.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Didn't they already find bacteria in space?

I know its not as "newsworthy" as finding any sort of intelligent alien life, but I would wager it will be many generations before we encounter any sort of intelligent alien life forms.

When they are ready for us to know they're out there, they'll let us know.

Then again, if they're very intelligent, they'll never let us know.

I personally think that any alien life out there that comes by the earth gives us a wide berth- like you would a really bad neighborhood at night , or driving to close to a trash dump on a hot summer day.

Looks like they really want to play the "ET card".

Shadowlander

There is an interesting book about humans encountering alien life called ' tri-body", after reading that sometimes I wonder if we are ready to embrace other life forms out there .
    Phemi/Arrana/Arram the Cookiekiller of Seastone
    all your cookies belong to me ! rawrrr

+ Reply to Thread