+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By irieguin
  • 2 Post By Artewig

Thread: 18 years since first Ding!

Telaran

Default 18 years since first Ding!

Everquest one is now 18 years old. Long time now since my first Ding shout and the grind of hell levels. Wonder if my character is still on some server.

18 years and they still don't have their own forum?

New player? Apply this code in the link below for some free stuffs:
    LP3M-Z9G3-T36F-3YQ7-3EMM
    Apply Code

Plane Touched

No.. the characters are gone. I called support and they could not recover them

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    18 years and they still don't have their own forum?
    I posted because I thought it was interesting given the number of people who complain that Rift is dead or in its Death throes. It is not.

Everquest has lasted 18 years, about to have its 23rd expansion and still has enough players to keep it alive although bound to be a lot less that Rift. Likewise it had and has its own forums but of course back then Trolls were in game things….lol.
    Last edited by Percypus; 03-17-2017 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Percypus View Post
    I posted because I thought it was interesting given the number of people who complain that Rift is dead or in its Death those. It is not.

Everquest has lasted 18 years, about to have its 23rd expansion and still has enough players to keep it alive although bound to be a lot less that Rift. Likewise it had and has its own forums but of course back then Trolls were in game things….lol.
    Rift having more players than EQ doesn't mean that Rift is not dead nor does it mean that Rift is better off than EQ currently. If you appeal to 1000 people and get 800, you are doing much better and have more room to grow than if you were appealing to 10,000 and only getting 5,000.

Rift is in a horrible state at the moment and that is largely due to the decisions made by Trion. They are attempting (I guess?) to reconcile their losses but I do not think they have the capability to turn this around.

Also, you might have wanted to include some more information in your OP. Right now, it looks like something that belongs in Off Topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Rift having more players than EQ doesn't mean that Rift is not dead nor does it mean that Rift is better off than EQ currently. If you appeal to 1000 people and get 800, you are doing much better and have more room to grow than if you were appealing to 10,000 and only getting 5,000.

Rift is in a horrible state at the moment and that is largely due to the decisions made by Trion. They are attempting (I guess?) to reconcile their losses but I do not think they have the capability to turn this around.

Also, you might have wanted to include some more information in your OP. Right now, it looks like something that belongs in Off Topic.

Then you go to WoW forums, who currently holds about 4mil players and those players are also saying the same thing, that wow is dead. If rift is dead, or dying, then how is Trion holding it down making new content for it. When a game dies, or is dying, like many before that have come and gone, Age of Conan, Champions Online, and many many more, the game looses its content production. Nor WoW, nor Rift, Nor any MMO that is still producing content and expansions will die.

Quote Originally Posted by azazel01 View Post
    If rift is dead, or dying, then how is Trion holding it down making new content for it.
    They're doing it; just less of it. (ie sfp in comparison to prior expansions).
    HOP IF YOU ARE BAD

+ Reply to Thread