+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Find Your Happy Place

Default Find Your Happy Place

With all the crazy stuff going on in game and out, here's a happy place for everybody this Monday. Please post up your happiest, fluffiest gifs and pics to help us find a momentary oasis in these maddening times.

Lets start with this one:
    http://i.imgur.com/QJOvL3t.gif
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Rift Disciple
    Co-GM of Haganai <Faeblight>
    GM of Filthy Casual <Gelidra> <deleted chars and guild>
    No more money for Trion til changes made

~There are two ways of spreading light to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.~ Edith Wharton

a little Leonard Nimoy in his happy place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGF5ROpjRAU
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    - until then you might see some general weirdness (technical term, haha).

Last edited by NBliss; 01-31-2017 at 05:35 PM.

My happy place is within me and all around me, Wherever there is beauty, distinction and true art,

Wherever there is the creative tension of opposing views that gives birth to it,

Where the inspiration that brings about its evolution can be found, and the music that is the song of enchantment can be heard.

My happy place can be found in the best and worst of men...as inspired by the gods of love, wisdom and beauty.

It exist in air and intellect, and in the hearts of those who have no faith and yet believe.
    Last edited by Questoften; 03-16-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Rift Master

Happy places and such, Sigh:

You know in one way new age thinking is good, as it is akin to magical thinking, and that can open many doors in ones life, even symbolically.

On the other hand it ignores the laws of identification, and throws logic out the window, and that really sucks. Renders the whole approach impotent.

It hurts people's aesthetics because the approach leads to a lack of fine distinction, movies, music, novels, films and culture overall suffer, because of this.

I have always agreed that different schools of thought were valid pragmatically, for different types of people.Everything in context and few things misapplied to the wrong person to avoid confusion.

My hate for new age thinking, is not about race, or orientation, or any of the things its supposed to be about.

Its a flawed confused approach, that actually cases such animosity. I hate things that are not about what they are supposed to be about. Hypocrisy and delusion. Weakness. Confusion.

I think many of these people through there actions insult the minority they are supposed to be representing out of ignorance. There actions encourage vocalized even propagandized retaliation and conflict.

Partly, Its a subconscious imperative to re establish order on one level.

In my view this is because of human nature and majority sociological and genetic inclinations some of which are hard coded into people...they can be suppressed intellectually but well fester in the subconscious mind, and cannot be permanently denied, an attempt will simply cause psychological disorder..instinctive reaction..but mixed up in there heads because of what there deep minds are interpreting as irrational data.

Hence irrational Bias. Raw and primal. Repression, and acting out.

So much Denial, delusions, and self justifications which are not really even needed...though alot of people that make an issue of this, on some level think they are needed and hate it.

Some of this is because some of this people in there secret heart, fear there are in the wrong, that they are breaking a taboo, so they need justification and collective reinforcement. Whether this is true or not.

The issue is there, so they are going to be very vocal and afraid of anything they precise as a threat to this collective reinforcement.

Yet sometimes they are the ones with the issues that have no peace with themselves and not the people they want to view as a threat.

That's easier you see, harder to face yourself. Better to even encourage animosity. externalize the threat. Slap a label on people...as a reactionary thing, to thrive on it while opposing it from that point of view. Its a complex.

Cut the BS out of it, look at these issues logically, without assuming anything, in its proper context, and few would have such problems, there making them.

One trick is to realize there is nothing to fear from the truth and once embraced there is no reason not to love yourself. Be pragmatic. There is no need for a justification here. No need to lie to yourself, or fight needlessly.

This makes an issue of things that should be non issues otherwise.
    Last edited by Questoften; 03-29-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Questoften View Post
    Happy places and such, Sigh:
    Quote Originally Posted by Questoften View Post
    My hate for new age thinking, is not about race, or orientation, or any of the things its supposed to be about.
    Hey, you should find your happy place!
    Irlowe@Deepwood Iirlowe@Deepwood Urlowe@Deepwood Primalowe@Deepwood Rlowe@Deepwood
    <Halcyon>

Quote Originally Posted by rlowe47 View Post
    Hey, you should find your happy place!
    I'm happy enough, I views these...things...I say as simply public service announcements well..just because, that is all. I don't hate people, just bedlam. I often think, maybe in a way, I care about other people too much.
    Last edited by Questoften; 03-29-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Sociology would like a word with you. Life is not clean or logical. It's messy and emotional. Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-mi0r0LpXo

Rift is my Cheers.
    Last edited by Hepatits; 03-30-2017 at 03:12 PM.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    Sociology would like a word with you. .
    Hi Mr. Sociology, its nice to meet you! Would you care for a drink, a smoke to go with it, and a giant, vanilla flavored, economy sized bottle of castor oil? Good for what ales ye.
    Last edited by Questoften; 03-30-2017 at 06:17 PM.

I'm only truly happy during that moment immediately following a hate tell for wrecking some casual in a warfront.
    HOP IF YOU ARE BAD

Quote Originally Posted by Ganky View Post
    I'm only truly happy during that moment immediately following a hate tell for wrecking some casual in a warfront.
    Maltie has a sight for you if you can find him. Can't link it here since it's a name/shame thing.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast