+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Why do some of you game so much?

Telaran

Default Why do some of you game so much?

Not a troll or bashing question, but I see some people who play 6+ hours a day. Being a middle aged old fart, I work 9 hours a day, take care of my family, and maybe find 2 to 3 hours of game time before I hit the sack.

I just don't see how anyone can game so much and still work or go to school. How do you work it in your schedule?

I sure hope people don't neglect kids or duties in order to game.

I'm a landlord and unless something breaks I'm pretty flexible in my gaming schedule

I would think a lot of the people who "game for 6+ hours a day" are students/retired/work from home/unemployed.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Quote Originally Posted by Hotflashes View Post
    Not a troll or bashing question, but I see some people who play 6+ hours a day. Being a middle aged old fart, I work 9 hours a day, take care of my family, and maybe find 2 to 3 hours of game time before I hit the sack.

I just don't see how anyone can game so much and still work or go to school. How do you work it in your schedule?

I sure hope people don't neglect kids or duties in order to game.
    1. Not everyone works in the office - when you have a free schedule that you can set for yourself, you can perfectly afford to spend a few hours in the game while still getting your work done; also not all jobs are full-time;

2. Not everyone's school/college actually takes that many hours, for example here we have distant classes and selected classes, so you only spend a few hours studying which still leaves you plenty of time to do whatever you want;

3. Not everyone has kids and/or is planning to have them so that leaves some time to play as well;)

4. You can also sacrifice insignificant things like sleeping, going out, sports and other silly things to make time for gaming:D
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    4. You can also sacrifice insignificant things like sleeping, going out, sports and other silly things to make time for gaming
    Yeah, I can see that hurting after a while. lol

Telaran

I guess I'm just amazed how dedicated some people are to gaming. My teen years were the 80's and having fun meant hanging out with my friends, getting the heck out of the house!

I do blame gaming for some problems I see now with people. But, not all gaming is bad. Everyone needs a release.

Sacrificing game time over real life responsibilities is definitely an issue. However, there are other circumstances to consider. Alot of retired people or those on long term disability would be good candidates to play longer hours. Or those in-between jobs, schooling or working only part-time would be a factor. And of course, depending on if you were married/single and have kids as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotflashes View Post
    Yeah, I can see that hurting after a while. lol
    Hehe well lack of sleep - yes, definitely, but everything else - I mean, it depends. Not everyone enjoys going out or even spending time outside (I personally prefer enjoying winter from the comfort of my warm apartment with a cup of tea:D). I can see how those who work with people or used to would avoid spending their off hours with other human beings (I'm like that myself). Everything else is pretty much the same - it all depends on how you like spending your free time. For me, building dimensions is something I'd spend hours on to get my mind off work and things I need to do\issues I need to deal with; for someone else that would be going to a bar or hiking or whatnot - we're all different;)

My wife and i don't have any kids, we do most of our work from home, so we can handle our own schedule to allow us to play and have fun here

Even so we go out most of the days, go to the gym, have a walk, see some friends too one or two days a week, etc. This is why we can play games 6+ hours a day
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post
    My wife and i don't have any kids, we do most of our work from home, so we can handle our own schedule to allow us to play and have fun here

Even so we go out most of the days, go to the gym, have a walk, see some friends too one or two days a week, etc. This is why we can play games 6+ hours a day
    Very cool! Nothing at all wrong with that. My wife's idea of fun is sewing and embroidery. Or, movies and dinner. I think the only game I've ever seen her play is words with friends.

Plane Walker

There are lots of people who are retired/semi retired that play this game also.

But not sure anyone is playing this game that much right now. Not even sure i'm averaging 15/mins a day of play time anymore. Although I'm logged on and tabbed out lots more than that.

Rift Chaser

I have agoraphobia so getting out among crowds of people is just not happening, sad to say gaming is how I get the social aspect of my life.
    As long as expansion packs and Essential Edition are in the Rift Store for cash only purchases and are bind on pickup or bind on account only, then the game will be pay to win. Once you can buy them with store credits or can place them on the AH then the game won't be pay to win.

Many people are AFK when you see them on.

Its cheaper than the bar!
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Winter on the farm presents the opportunity to game quite a bit- once the critters are fed, few responsibilities linger until the spring thaw begins to show up.

Having a two year old daughter that likes to sit on Dad's lap while he games is a factor also. We have a spare junk PS2 controller she handles while Mom or I are on the PS4, but when it comes to PC gaming- my lap is her choice.

She is also in charge of "bunny-hopping" ever since she discovered she can reach the spacebar.

I actually know quite a few folks playing Rift that also got their kids playing it with them, so there's that:)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast