+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: So where's everybody going?

Soulwalker

Default So where's everybody going?

Interested to know the games other guilds/groups are moving on to.

For my own part, the leaders and about a dozen members of <Virus@Deepwood> have gone to WoW, Bleeding Hollow server (Horde). Myself not included (I've been checking out GW2 though - anyone else with me there?)

If there's enough interest I'll update this post with info on guilds/numbers/destinations. If your guildies or friends have abandoned you in RIFT for greener pastures I'm interested to know where they've gone!

Please keep this off-topic thread on-topic and only reply with info about other games you/your guild may be playing, or considering, at the moment.

Cheers!
    Saoirseathena@Deepwood <Virus>
    Last edited by deuceathena; 01-10-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Default WoW/RO/LoTRo

UMBRAGE had high hopes of being multi-platform. We've lost an entire 20man raid team to WoW, and though we created chat lobbies for them, they mostly use a mumble account. Most of our remaining 20man are participating in the closed betas of Revelation Online, We have players that will probably never leave Rift(5 or 6), but I think once RO goes live, that is the end for Rift. I'm tempted at this point to log back into my old LoTRo account and play it, they've had 3 or 4 expacs since last I played. The writing was on the wall and we didn't see it, when they started placing us all on the same shard when we log in to make us think there was a bigger player base than there really was.

UMBRAGE GAMING Samzah@Greybriar
    11/12 T1. 14/15 T2 12/13 T3.
    Running two 20mans all mains and its summertime?
    Live Streaming https://gaming.youtube.com/user/harvsy135/live

Rift Chaser

WoW or Final Fantasy 14 but most will continue to look into Rift as soon as new content appears.
    Last edited by Bamul; 01-11-2017 at 07:36 AM.

Default Giving WoW a real try

What's funny is that I never gave Wow a real try b/c I love, loved Rift. When I first came here everyone said it was the WoW killer. I was so fascinated by it, the souls and all, and SL at the time that I didn't give other games a real try. Recently I got into Wow and its so adorable. I really am liking it yet I'm still attached somehow to Rift. So I'm doing both. But I won't give up on Wow this time, that's for sure. I love the graphics and that things actually fly around. You move from land to land and the maps are huge. Stories are huge and you feel like you're actually on an adventure instead of the boring way stories read like 5th grade writing essays here. With boring instructions, and the rehash fest is always king here. Wow, has real mechanics. And multiple starting points. The questing is like reading a well written story. I like even the Irish/Scottish lady's voice says, "You can't target that!" And guess what you can make real in-game gold to pay for what you need. This xpac I am barely making any plat. I'm not swimming in plat! I hate how performance is irregular here. One day you're kick *** awesome. That lasts for a couple weeks and the next week your performance bottoms out so you're constantly having to tweak shish to analyze what the current problem is or stay ahead to guess which specs might be broken and play one of those. My pvp gear sucks. And I am not getting enough planar frags to make my performance the way I want it to be. Its ridiculous. But I think Wow will be much more stable and predictable. I'm looking forward to great things there and finally punt Rift clear off my radar, once and for all.

Edit: They have weekly events too.
    Last edited by Sails; 01-11-2017 at 03:07 PM.
    fjmfmmft

Quote Originally Posted by spadaddy View Post
    I'm tempted at this point to log back into my old LoTRo account and play it, they've had 3 or 4 expacs since last I played.
    hmmm, I keep hearing good things about LoTRO now. I used to play it b4 Rift and loved the skirmishes. Might need to check this one too.
    fjmfmmft

Rift Disciple

I've been playing Elder Scrolls Online for the last several months. I check back into RIFT ever so often to see if anything has gotten any better yet, but so far, nothing seems worth coming back for.

BTW, dimentioneers, ESO just came out with their player housing on their PTS, with a launch date for live in February. From what I've been seeing on the PTS, their housing system is amazing. Crafters can craft over 2000 furniture items for housing as well. So far, for me, it's been a lot of fun to play around on the PTS with the player housing options.

I feel really bad that RIFT at least for me, sort of imploded. I bought the expansion.. I played with it a little on the PTS, and realized I shouldn't have bought the expansion.. oh well.. my bad.
    I hope at some point in time RIFT will get better, and be worth playing again.

I signed up for the next beta of Revelations Online. Might go there if I enjoy it.
    R.I.P.

Default right there with ya

Quote Originally Posted by deuceathena View Post
    (I've been checking out GW2 though - anyone else with me there?)
    Loving GW2 so far, just such a nice change. Beautiful game, love all the NPCs and tons of players everywhere at all hours feels so alive to me. Like their map showing ongoing events and how fun it is to even replay them. To just explore and get XP for everything that I don't even think of leveling... it just happens so easily- doesn't feel like a grind-fest/chore.
    Even the crafting is very cool. Personally I think they have done a stand up job with this game. Tons of current resources and the like.(wiki,websites etc.) It has helped alleviate my frustration and disappointment with Rift that I currently have.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I signed up for the next beta of Revelations Online. Might go there if I enjoy it.
    You can also buy full BETA access for 5$ if I remember correctly, might be worth it. But there's a new game I'm looking forward to, kinda reminds me of Rift (in terms of feel):

Ashes of Creation
    Pre-Alpha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RshdOyXyU4E
    First Look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exzc1P2ka1A
    Node System: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDM1140eoOM
    Caravan System: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=267LfQgNv-E

Full Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Szwh_AlEMe8m7s

The animations still need work, but it's supposed to be a highly dynamic game. Certainly looks very interesting to me. That said, I'll still continue playing Rift, no matter what, but from the looks of it, Ashes of Creation will be my main game.
    Last edited by Fia; 01-11-2017 at 03:26 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

New 4K 21:9-Ratio Videos: http://youtube.com/astheatv

I downloaded EVE Online. I had a blast with Dust 514, EVE's shooter tie-in, and I'm considering going back into New Eden and having fun there.
    "Why, that was a marvelous suggestion that will transform life in Telara. We will get right to implementing that. Now that you pointed it out, it's pretty obvious. Don't we look stupid!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    What's funny is that I never gave Wow a real try b/c I love, loved Rift. When I first came here everyone said it was the WoW killer. I was so fascinated by it, the souls and all, and SL at the time that I didn't give other games a real try. Recently I got into Wow and its so adorable. I really am liking it yet I'm still attached somehow to Rift. So I'm doing both. But I won't give up on Wow this time, that's for sure. I love the graphics and that things actually fly around. You move from land to land and the maps are huge. Stories are huge and you feel like you're actually on an adventure instead of the boring way stories read like 5th grade writing essays here. With boring instructions, and the rehash fest is always king here. Wow, has real mechanics. And multiple starting points. The questing is like reading a well written story. I like even the Irish/Scottish lady's voice says, "You can't target that!" And guess what you can make real in-game gold to pay for what you need. This xpac I am barely making any plat. I'm not swimming in plat! I hate how performance is irregular here. One day you're kick *** awesome. That lasts for a couple weeks and the next week your performance bottoms out so you're constantly having to tweak shish to analyze what the current problem is or stay ahead to guess which specs might be broken and play one of those. My pvp gear sucks. And I am not getting enough planar frags to make my performance the way I want it to be. Its ridiculous. But I think Wow will be much more stable and predictable. I'm looking forward to great things there and finally punt Rift clear off my radar, once and for all.

Edit: They have weekly events too.
    I was on WOW when Legion hit. I left a month later to come back on RIFT. And now I'm very happy on RIFT.
    The thing to know if you want to go from RIFT to WOW is what you like in a MMO.
    If you like doing only instanced group content, you will be happy in Wow Legion.
    If you are a casual/solo/crafter who likes to wander in open world and achieve many things by himself without having to do prerequisite instanced group content, stay here. Wow has nothing for you now.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

skyforge. hosted by same company as RO. is pretty awsome

Rift Disciple

I'll be playing Revelations Online with some of the other <-Virus-> people who aren't going to WoW.

Some stuff for the game, if you want to a quick rundown:

Pros:
    • Raiding, with competitive difficulties, with 10/20mans.
    • Multiple combat UI options (think WoW/Rift, Diablo/PoE, Tera/B&S)
    • Large and extensive PvP (both OW and group-based), with a decent engine to support zergs
    • Guild Castles
    • Aerial combat

Neutral:
    • Autopathing
    • Art-style/Theme (Wuxia)

Cons:
    • Chinese MMO with all that it entails (currency locks, likely translation/VO errors, probably grindy)
    • My.com has a history of being a mediocre P2W publisher (see: Skyforge)
    • Gear-based PvP (there is PvP rep gear, but it's not PvP specific, and PvP will be gear/stat dependent for basically everything except possibly arena).

Overall, I'm really excited for the gear/character progression system they have going in there, but I'm afraid the publisher might make the game die before it even gets off the ground. The current CN version that they ported isn't really P2W (you can't buy gear directly like in Rift, for example), but there are some stuff that's similar to patron benefits that might be 'essential' to being competitive, and there's a little RNG on rerolling stats for gear if you want to go for absolutely 1000% BiS perfect-dream-orb gear.
    Last edited by Lyrine; 01-12-2017 at 07:30 AM.
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrine View Post
    I'll be playing Revelations Online with some of the other <-Virus-> people who aren't going to WoW.

Some stuff for the game, if you want to a quick rundown:

Pros:
    • Raiding, with competitive difficulties, with 10/20mans.
    • Multiple combat UI options (think WoW/Rift, Diablo/PoE, Tera/B&S)
    • Large and extensive PvP (both OW and group-based), with a decent engine to support zergs
    • Guild Castles
    • Aerial combat

Neutral:
    • Autopathing
    • Art-style/Theme (Wuxia)

Cons:
    • Chinese MMO with all that it entails (currency locks, likely translation/VO errors, probably grindy)
    • My.com has a history of being a mediocre P2W publisher (see: Skyforge)
    • Gear-based PvP (there is PvP rep gear, but it's not PvP specific, and PvP will be gear/stat dependent for basically everything except possibly arena).

Overall, I'm really excited for the gear/character progression system they have going in there, but I'm afraid the publisher might make the game die before it even gets off the ground. The current CN version that they ported isn't really P2W (you can't buy gear directly like in Rift, for example), but there are some stuff that's similar to patron benefits that might be 'essential' to being competitive, and there's a little RNG on rerolling stats for gear if you want to go for absolutely 1000% BiS perfect-dream-orb gear.
    Are you already on the RO Discord? If not, I highly suggest that you do. :DDD
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

New 4K 21:9-Ratio Videos: http://youtube.com/astheatv

I have never really been able to play two games (seriously) at the same time but recently during some of the downtime, i started playing dragon age origins, which is a solo-person game. I really have been enjoying it. As for the other MMO games, the only one I had been somewhat interested in was pulled, and that was EQ Next. I knew a couple people on the team over there.. sad.. EQ was awesome!

I am still thoroughly enjoying Rift! I know the population has declined but for me that is a good thing. I didn't like all the trolls and people who blab all day long in cross-events. It is just *white noise*, so playing the game with some raid friends and having more quiet is perfect for me! It is probably different than what most people want though in a game.

I am hopeful Trion will release more content and all this money-grabbing talk I ignore since every game is going to have their own ways of making money.. It is all business anyways but i do feel that Trion listens, even if things take time to change.. I remember Blizzard people never listening to what the players wanted. Even though I have zero problems with Blizzard. I did play WoW at one time for a short while and I played Diablo III, which today I still thought was a good game, despite people hating on it!

Here is to hoping that Cersei/Cers , Solaura and Takatora come back to Rift if they even read these threads Those were the 3 people who I thought made Rift a better community.
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast