+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: So where's everybody going?

Rift Master

1. The gym.
    2. The library - the number of books written over the past 6 years by authors I enjoy to read is staggering.
    3. Back on June 25, 2011 while Rift was installing on a Lenovo T500 (yes I raided HK on that laptop - who knew Murdantix had purple stripes on his back?) via DSL I had time to cut out a quilt for my daughter's twin size bed. Perhaps it's time to piece, block, and finish that project.
    4. Numerous Wii games I never finished because RIFT was so engaging.

Trion - I sincerely want to say thank you for the last 5+ years of entertainment. I have learned much from playing Rift. Interacting with others playing Rift has broadened my vocabulary, my ability to search for answers, and my understanding of how other generations think, behave, and speak. I have learned to trust less and to expect trolling. I have become more patient and less judgmental of those whose life experiences differ from mine. These are the enduring gifts that I take with me on my next adventures - and in the words of a credit card company they are priceless.

Best wishes to all y'all.

Peace out.

I still playing Rift but i'm following Bless Online for several years, i was playing like a year ago the Korean OBT so let's see if AeriaGames do a nice job with Bless for EU/NA client.

But my most wanted game is Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, as a former Everquest and Everquest2 player Pantheon is the game i've been waiting for a really long time, it's at PreAlpha stage but what a game!!

Until then i'll probably remain in Rift... "until i die or find something better" (Starship Troopers FTW *cough*Hellbugs*cough*) :P
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Soulwalker

Go pledge Pantheon Rise of the Fallen or Camelot Unchained, only two mmos worth mentioning.

Champion

I play World of Tanks now when there's nothing to do in Rift. Will keep logging in for sending out Minions.

Which makes me wonder: How many players actually only log in to play Minions and work the Auction House? I those really skew the population numbers that the Rift team is observing.

I still play Rift regularly and plan to keep doing so. However I don't do so as much these days as dimension building is an expensive hobby and for that I now have Rising World, Photoshop, Blender 3d and Voxel Farm to tinker with. If only the Blender material nodes weren't so beeping confusing...
    New players feel free to use this code for free stuff!
    NJY2ML7PDHKELDM3MKZW

Shadowlander

Default Caveat Emptor

I would be very wary of supporting Pantheon given its spotty funding and development history and lack of a clear roadmap several years into the project. As it stands right now it's a technical demo and art showcase with no magical money well to fund further development. Given the pricing for their self-managed Kickstarteresque supporter plans I would be doubly wary, as they seem to expect to get a significant portion of their funding from whales buying $500-$10000 packages.

Quote Originally Posted by MarginalSteve View Post
    I would be very wary of supporting Pantheon given its spotty funding and development history and lack of a clear roadmap several years into the project. As it stands right now it's a technical demo and art showcase with no magical money well to fund further development. Given the pricing for their self-managed Kickstarteresque supporter plans I would be doubly wary, as they seem to expect to get a significant portion of their funding from whales buying $500-$10000 packages.
    The Pledges goes from $50 to $10,000 with a lot of different packs and prices; so it's almost for every pocket/wallet out there. And of course there are investors too.

The forums are plenty of posts and you can only post if you have paid for some of the pledge and i would say that their forums has even more life than Rift's.
    Last edited by Shelenia; 01-20-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post
    And of course there are investors too.
    They currently have no investors and have stated so publicly in official channels. They cite this as one of the primary reasons they have no production time-table, as they have no idea if they'll be able to pay the electricity bill for any given month.

They currently have no investors and have stated so publicly in official channels. They cite this as one of the primary reasons they have no production time-table, as they have no idea if they'll be able to pay the electricity bill for any given month.
    VisionaryRealms:
    In March we sent Brad and the team to San Francisco to speak at the premier developers’ conference, GDC 2016. We invited teams from various media outlets as well as potential investors to see the game in person and the response was overwhelmingly positive. We are still continuing to benefit from the feedback and relationships made at GDC 2016.

This point isn't clear but it seems like they got some "good relationships there" and still continuing to benefit.

And this is from their company website:
    Visionary Realms is a privately funded, professionally run lean startup founded by proven industry veterans. We are open to considering investment arrangements with equity and production funding partners.

Anyway, they are doing an awesome work until now and the game even in PreAlpha stage of development looks great and huge.
    Last edited by Shelenia; 01-20-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Shadowlander

Default Public Relations Jive Lingo

If you read between the lines there that says they did not acquire investment dollars. Shaking hands with people at a conference doesn't pay the bills. There are a lot of other red flags to be aware of, such as Brad McQuaid getting into hot water for misappropriation of crowdfunding dollars and not paying his development team. I would advise you to research this thoroughly before upgrading to the next pledge level. ;)
    Last edited by MarginalSteve; 01-20-2017 at 07:58 PM.

Rift Disciple

http://www.ashesofcreation.com/our-i...-environments/

Gotta watch that video at the end
    Co-GM of Haganai <Faeblight>
    GM of Filthy Casual <Gelidra>
    No more money for Trion til changes made

If you read between the lines there that says they did not acquire investment dollars. Shaking hands with people at a conference doesn't pay the bills. There are a lot of other red flags to be aware of, such as Brad McQuaid getting into hot water for misappropriation of crowdfunding dollars and not paying his development team. I would advise you to research this thoroughly before upgrading to the next pledge level. ;)
    Thanks for the advice, but anyway i don't think about pay for any pledge atm; i'll wait for further development stage and have more info about anything before invest money there It happened to me once with the first Dark&Light like 10 years ago, not happening twice

Quote Originally Posted by naturegoddess View Post
    Go pledge Pantheon Rise of the Fallen or Camelot Unchained, only two mmos worth mentioning.
    Camelot Unchained has certainly grabbed my attention- hope when released it lives up to the hype.

I think many mmos fail in the regard that they just try to do TOO MUCH. I have yet to see a game that has balance regarding both pvp and pve- or is able to maintain quality content across the board. Camelot Unchained seems to focus on specific aspects- pvp & crafting.

So far this winter I've hardly played my two staple games (Rift & SWTOR), but have spent more time on consoles (sometimes I think my wife values me more as a Rocket League partner than a husband- oh well, whatever works!)

I'll never leave Rift (enjoy it too much) ...but most of my time is spent doing dimensions which are just incredible here!

I recently finally tried Archeage and am loving it!! A few 'fresh start' servers opened up in December and are packed with people. (I chose the less populated of the two so I could more easily find land to build and farm) Totally hooked on that game at the moment!!

I was interested seeing Lotro mentioned in this thread ..I haven't peeked into that game in a year and a half, but now I'm curious how things are there! (*checking to see if game is still installed...*)
    Dims by Blythe@FB: Heat Miser & Snow Miser - Margaritaville - Winter's Garden - RP Rustic Pub - Weekend Log Cabin - Brasse Beards 'n Ale - Starry, Kelari Sands

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Zegapain View Post
    http://www.ashesofcreation.com/our-i...-environments/

Gotta watch that video at the end :10sur10:
    Already posted this on page 1:
    I'm soooo looking forward to this game. I've already joined the official discord and signed up for the game. Apparently Alpha will be playable sometime soon and the Alpha servers will be up and running non-stop, so it's gonna be a lot of fun! I hope I can get into the Alpha! :DDD
    Last edited by Fia; 01-27-2017 at 05:17 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

New 4K 21:9-Ratio Videos: http://youtube.com/astheatv

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast