+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: So where's everybody going?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Are you already on the RO Discord? If not, I highly suggest that you do. DD
    Nah, not on RO Discord. I'm trying to reach out to some of the former Rift players I knew from Neph/White Fang though, and see if I can get anything going with them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    Here is to hoping that Cersei/Cers , Solaura and Takatora come back to Rift if they even read these threads Those were the 3 people who I thought made Rift a better community.
    Last I heard from Solaura/Takatora, they're definitely not coming back. Especially not with the state that Nephilim is in.
    Last edited by Lyrine; 01-12-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    Lyrine@Deepwood <-Virus->
    RIP <Nephilim>
    RIP <White Fang>

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrine View Post
    Last I heard from Solaura/Takatora, they're definitely not coming back. Especially not with the state that Nephilim is in.
    Yea, I knew them pretty well. Neph has nothing at all to do with why they aren't coming back however. But bummer.
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "Dying is easy. It's living that scares me to death"

Rift Disciple

Default My Guild is drifting to WoW, Final Fantasy, and Tera

Most of my guild has stopped playing Rift- for one reason or another. My PvP lovers have drifted over to Tera. A few players- including 2 of my officers- have headed over to Final Fantasy- which has a lovely expansion. Most of us- including myself- are playing WoW Legion. Look- WoW has had some stinker expansions- but this is a good one for PvE lovers. It might leave PvP types a little bored. WoW Legion fixed a lot of the things that were awful in the other expansions and produced a great story, good questing, artifact quests, multiple dungeons (of varying difficulty) and raids. They also have timewalking for the nostalgic- and you can still get gear. It is easy to earn gold after level 100 in this game. We formed a guild from Rift ex-pats on Dalaran (Alliance) and no one has had to use the gold in the guild bank to help them buy time. If you save your gold throughout the month you can buy 30 day tokens from the AH in gold. Our guild helps supplement anyone short of gold- but thus far no takers. The crafting is alive and vibrant- and useful. I have not gotten bored at all. : )

Default Back to WoW...

With Starfail Profitability failing so bad on so many levels.... Sad, wished it hadn't, had hoped for a resurgent game bringing people back... Will probably head back to WoW and pick up in Legion where I left off after levelling my main to 110.

After that, I am hoping one of the City of Heroes spiritual successors manages to "succeed" city of Titans is one I actually gave some $ to in Kickstarter, they say 2018... we shall see.

Till then WoW and keeping an eye on Rift... and possibly finally levelling a toon in Tera might be in order,

So where's everybody going?-patching.jpg

Why not?

"Someday, you'll sit on the throne, and the truth will be what you make it."

Quote Originally Posted by Cersae View Post
    woot
    /10char
    Last edited by Deeew; 01-12-2017 at 11:05 PM.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Oops, didn't read the first post and made a boo-boo (off-topic).
    Ignore me
    Last edited by Cersae; 01-12-2017 at 05:00 PM.

"Someday, you'll sit on the throne, and the truth will be what you make it."

Default Playing WoW whilst Rift has become quieter

1) Sad to say, that whilst Rift has become quiet (as in, I always see the same characters in PvP and Dungeons)... I've gone to WoW to level on a pvp server. Some ex Rift folk are in there too and started guilds.. good to pwn with familiar voices on voicechat!

2) Whilst Revelations Online looks impressive, I'm not convinced of the end-game content. I'm yet to see many MMOs have long lasting, highly variable end-game content, and don't want to invest (time) in a game that only looks pretty. RO seems like this to me.
    No other game interest me atm either.

3) Going to keep my eye on the threads, in anticipation of a flurry of content and population growth for Rift though. I really want Rift to be my go-to MMO giving no reason to play any other game.

4) Just how it feels to me atm.
    Healnut | Smexilicious | Smexinuts | Roastednuts | Deepnuts

Quote Originally Posted by Cersae View Post
    688ks/s get rid of dial up

<Mistakes Were Made> just started up a Horde side WoW guild on Area 52. We're not quitting rift, but we already have a bunch of folks who dual game, so it was sort of logical. We're looking into adding other games to the guild/clan at a later time. Maybe GW2, Tera, RO, CoE, IDK, wherever people go to.
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post

Ashes of Creation
    Pre-Alpha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RshdOyXyU4E
    First Look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exzc1P2ka1A
    Node System: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDM1140eoOM
    Caravan System: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=267LfQgNv-E

Full Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Szwh_AlEMe8m7s

The animations still need work, but it's supposed to be a highly dynamic game. Certainly looks very interesting to me. That said, I'll still continue playing Rift, no matter what, but from the looks of it, Ashes of Creation will be my main game.
    This concept sounds interesting, so I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the links.
    Co-GM of Haganai <Faeblight>
    GM of Filthy Casual <Gelidra>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I signed up for the next beta of Revelations Online. Might go there if I enjoy it.
    I hope to see more rift players there. I joined this large guild who actually played on CN. They have had a large diverse background and claim that Revelations is where the challenge is. So as long as they do not make this game p2w like skyforge then this could be a future for a lot of us "try-hards".

Rift Disciple

...have 100+ paid but never played games on Steam, so have what to do, when / while RIFT will be slow. That is my 4th or 5th MMO, I recall 3 for sure ended up in the same way, except that didn't have cross-server, so death was fast. Rift still has a chances.

Rift Disciple

Still playing Everquest, they're newest expac is pretty good, Kunark revamp to current level. This expac was the make or break for me because if it was terrible I was going to quit playing, was hoping SFP would of been better than it has been. I did sign up for beta of that RO game see how it is, finally got a new computer so I can actually try newer games. Pantheon is supposed to be really good I will probably try that when it comes out. I played WoW from vanilla, loved WotLK but Cata kind of killed it for me.

Looks like Revelations Online CN client till it's release in the US. Got a lot of friends headed there with me ...you should try it out its a blast!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast