+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting (but off-topic) piece about EA Mythic, Bioware, and why WAR failed

Telaran

Default Interesting (but off-topic) piece about EA Mythic, Bioware, and why WAR failed

http://ealouse.wordpress.com/2010/10/12/hello-world/

I can't help but think that what this guy says is true. Warhammer online was a mix of perfect ideas and horrible execution. The
    game was revolutionary, but was brought down by bugs and a company-wide failure to listen to the community. His explanation
    really seems to jive with what I saw happening to the game.

Something to watch out for, Trion :-P

Rift Disciple forestwhitakereye's Avatar

Funny you should mention it being off topic, seeing as how it's already there. Twice.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-SWTOR-and-WAR

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-about-an-MMO.

the rant seems like the typical disgruntled worker. nothing he said is really factual, its opinion and trying to back it up by saying everyone working there agrees with this opinion. i am not saying that the people he blames shouldn't be blamed, i'm just saying an unhappy worker that is probably about to lose his job would post something like that whether his superiors deserve blame or not.
    Last edited by Atavax; 10-28-2010 at 09:39 PM.
    the beatings will continue until morale improves

Quote Originally Posted by Atavax View Post
    the rant seems like the typical disgruntled worker. nothing he said is really factual, its opinion and trying to back it up by saying everyone working there agrees with this opinion. i am not saying that the people he blames shouldn't be blamed, i'm just saying an unhappy worker that is probably about to lose his job would post something like that whether his superiors deserve blame or not.
    from what i've seen most of what he has said has been backed up by other sources since this one hit the net. the points on TOR particularly have hit home in that community.
    And Shepard's we shall be for thee my lord for thee, power hath descendant forth from thy hand, may our feet swiftly carry on thy command, so we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be

In nomeni Patri et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

Shield of Telara

It's like any other business where people get into a position of leadership when they shouldn't be. Seems to happen a lot with MMORPG though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullvye View Post
    http://ealouse.wordpress.com/2010/10/12/hello-world/

I can't help but think that what this guy says is true. Warhammer online was a mix of perfect ideas and horrible execution. The
    game was revolutionary, but was brought down by bugs and a company-wide failure to listen to the community. His explanation
    really seems to jive with what I saw happening to the game.

Something to watch out for, Trion :-P
    Have to agree with you. I played WAR for a hot minute. The combat gameplay mechanics seemed very very awkward. For some reason that aspect of the game seems to stick with me when anyone mentions what went wrong with WAR.

I have seen enough of Trion footage online that it wont be a concern. Believe they have everything under good wraps.
    Last edited by Kryten; 10-29-2010 at 05:59 AM.

Warhammer, perfect ideas? Really? LOL

It's subjective. I couldn't disagree more with the OP and I laugh heartily in the general direction of the failed assumptions made about the game.

I play WAR at least every other day because it's fun. I like the classes, the gameplay, the mechanics, etc. I enjoy each tier and have leveled several alts. It may not be perfect but it's the best PvP around right now, and the game experience gets better with every release. WAR Update 1.4 is coming soon which promises a new race (Skaven) to play.

Welcome to live ..life awaits you

Warhammer is/was one of the worst PvP experiences to ever exist. Not only was it terribly imbalanced with horrible gameplay mechanics such as giving everyone a knockback/knockdown so high level PvP was reminiscent of a pingball machine; but it was horrible designed, horribly coded, and horribly executed.

There was absolutely no skill in the game at all, no twitch, no strategy. PvP was people walking up to each other and pushing certain keys in succession.

Warhammer is a disgrace.

AND LOL @ MYTHIC SECONDS, HEY WE'RE MYTHIC WE'RE GOING TO REDEFINE THE LENGTH OF A SECOND CUZ THE PEOPLE WHO ARE STILL SUBSCRIBED TO THIS GAME ARE STUPID LOL.
    Last edited by Myspacetom; 10-29-2010 at 11:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread