+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the WoW/Blizzard hate?

Default Why the WoW/Blizzard hate?

What did WoW/Blizzard do to you, and why do you hate them? I dont understand people who hate a great game/company. WoW may not be your favorite game, but, that doesnt give you reason to hate on Blizzard for it..

im not a blizzard hater, i had a great time playing wow.

but if there is something that i hate about blizzard is the way they ruined wow, i loved vanilla and i didnt play it a lot, i liked bc and i hated wotlk XD and cata is looking umbalanced as hell xD
    i speack not english good you tell me when wrong i am ! [JK!]
    Waiting for the king of the mmorpg's ...
    -Dnz

i love blizzard they have done some of the greatest games and they have really pushed gaming in general into a whole new place and appealed to so many people that would normally not touch games like this... which isnt always a good thing but what are you going to do ...

on that note i cant wait to play diablo 3.

I dont really hate blizzard but i hate activision, You cant tell me it was blizzard idea to purposely make the game easier cause they wanted to. We all know kotick wanted a more casual friendly game so they can get 12 mil subs. Back in vanilla and BC blizzard was devoted to the raiders and pvpers. Now it seems like WoW is wat runescape use to be. A casual friendly game which had almost no challenge outside PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by iAmDeathSpank View Post
    What did WoW/Blizzard do to you, and why do you hate them? I dont understand people who hate a great game/company. WoW may not be your favorite game, but, that doesnt give you reason to hate on Blizzard for it..

Its more of some"MMOvets" we all are technically are passing their opinions as facts its cool to have an opinion but its not cool to type about how easymode everything is besides EQ like its the holy grail of gaming /end rant
    If ignorance is bliss, you must be ******ic.

Me being a player of WoW since early 06, overall i think wow has been a huge success. Granted it has its bad values, but it also has a ton of good ones. Classic wow was great. Awesome pvp, and the pve content was actually challenging. You had to do more on boss encounters then simply have the tank hold aggro while everyone else does as much dps as possible until it dies. There were strategies that had to be done in order to succeed.

When BC first came out and people first went into Karazhan it was insane. I remember seeing so many people complain about how hard the bosses were and saying it needed to be nerfed. Well with enough people complaining it happened. For months before the raid nerfs you could forget about getting into a "pug" raid for anything. If you could not get into a good guild you were basicly screwed. Then income the nerfs and everyone is pugging KZ, gruuls, mags, ect. Same thing with the later BC content ZA, SSC, TK, MH, and BT. All these raids were difficult in the beginning but after a certain amount of time they were all nerfed in some way.

With WOtLK no raids were really difficult. If you were in a guild that did 40 man naxx in classic, 10/25 man naxx in wrath was a breeze. The OS fight was a joke, but i have to say being one of the first guilds to down 25 man OS 3 drakes before any nerf was very fun. Malygos was a fun fight in the beginning but that was also a fight that was nerfed. Then Ulduar was released and hard modes were implemented into the game. Ulduar itself was a very fun instance and with hard modes was very challenging. After some time of course it was nerfed as well. Now you see so many people with the 310% speed mounts from clearing all the ulduar achievements.

With ICC some of the boss fights have some phases where the raid has to work together, but there is still room for people to not know what the hell they are doing and still succeed. The hard modes are a different story with 10 and 25 man though. On the server i play on only one guild has fully cleared 25 man all hard modes. So there are still some parts where it seems blizz is trying to make vet mmo players and the casual crowd happy.

Who knows which direction they are going to go with cata. Some of the things they have announced so far sound good. These are my viewes of course, i know alot of people out there have totally different views. Just my 2 cents

M
    MMO Veteran, Healing Expert
    WoW,Aion,Diablo series, GW

Telaran

Some of us hate wow because we tried playing it and after 20 minutes of face rolling easymode MMO activity we threw it away. EQ1 IS the Holy Grail by which all other games will be measured. Its just the current fact of the gaming world - like it or not. Its basic gamer reality 101.

We don't hate blizzard. We (I) love the Diablo series but its not a true MMO. Its a fun time.

Many of us are waiting for the real succesor to EQ1 to finally come and deliver us from the current purgatory of the gaming world. Vanguard and EQ2 were let downs but still far superior to most games on the market today. WoW suxxored hard.

Many other games were just to simplistic in nature "ohh, naked boobies (AoC)" etc lacking in any real substance like the original EQ 1 experience (no not the gawd darn console version either). That is why we "hate" WoW. Face rolling simplicity is not what gamers seek.
    Last edited by Vlahkmaak; 10-28-2010 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlahkmaak View Post
    Some of us hate wow because we tried playing it and after 20 minutes of face rolling easymode MMO activity we threw it away. EQ1 IS the Holy Grail by which all other games will be measured. Its just the current fact of the gaming world - like it or not. Its basic gamer reality 101.

We don't hate blizzard. We (I) love the Diablo series but its not a true MMO. Its a fun time.

Many of us are waiting for the real succesor to EQ1 to finally come and deliver us from the current purgatory of the gaming world. Vanguard and EQ2 were let downs but still far superior to most games on the market today. WoW suxxored hard.

Many other games were just to simplistic in nature "ohh, naked boobies (AoC)" etc lacking in any real substance like the original EQ 1 experience (no not the gawd darn console version either). That is why we "hate" WoW. Face rolling simplicity is not what gamers seek.

All i see is i didn't like it so it was easymode?Also EQ will never be the "holy grail of gaming" MMO doesn't account for the old school RPGs or tabletop games so try again .This game will also not be EQ3 so don't expect it to be.Also its best to not let your nostalgic opinionated view be passed on as fact its just an opinion typed over and over again. P.S "Pre-Nerf C'thun/Zero Light Yog/and M'uru" were a tank n spank you played 20 minutes of a game and claimed it was **** good gamer there.

Tl: DR sorry if i came off aggressive or rude in this post but honestly i'm sick of this ignorance its quite appalling to read.
    Last edited by Callipygous; 10-28-2010 at 09:26 PM.
    If ignorance is bliss, you must be ******ic.

I don't hate WoW, but I tend to 'only' 'like' most parts of it. It doesn't really 'wow' me, ironically, no matter what the polish or amount of content is. It's like a fast food mmorpg, like Subway. Just fine, but not exactly a healthy diet. Many f2p mmorpgs (especially ones say, from Korea) tend to be fast food McDonalds. I'm looking for my proper diet.

I believe it has it's roots in the fact that just about every person who shows up to any game (esp. new ones) has to do some kind of "This game sucks, in Wow we could....."

No one cares, if you like WoW, great - go play that. If your looking at a new game, perhaps you should ask yourself why, maybe you don't think WoW is as great as you would lead others to believe?

That said, just about every game has a selection of fans that like to bemoan whatever the new kid on the block is doing by passing arguments that "their" game "does it better."

Also, as mentioned in some other posts, WoW just is not at the top of the challenging list - lets face it, WoW is not sold on it's solid, challenging game play - it is marketed to the masses. It is a Chevy destined to be parked in every middle class garage. Don't try to sell it as Mercedes (or w/e luxury class sedan you like) - it simply is not one.

It has problems, draw backs and features just like any other game.

(p.s. weren't you the one that also thought every MMO should just be free to play? How do you relate that school of thought to WoW at all? /boggle)

I love Blizzard and I still dig WoW. And I await Diablo 3 more than ANY other game.
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

I bash WoW a lot, but I didn't play 'vanilla'. From what I hear I may have liked it much better than my 4 month experience with 'current' WoW this summer.

There are some things they did really well, but overall it's an extremely easy game from levels 1-70+ that spoiled millions of gamers into thinking that's what a real MMORPG is supposed to be.

The vast majority of their 12 million subscribers never played any of the old classic MMOs (UO, EQ, AC, SWG, DAoC), MUDs, or pen & paper D&D. All they know about the genre is WoW, and that's a shame.

As for Blizzard, I grew to dislike them when I played Diablo II on BattleNet. The lag was so horrible the forums were blazing with hatred, and Blizzard just ignored us.

I loved Warcraft I-II, Diablo I-II and Starcraft, but I could only play them offline in single-player mode, and that's why I never bothered with WoW when it came out.
    Last edited by Slyde; 10-28-2010 at 09:59 PM.

WOW WAS the BEST MMORPG, and still is good, but a bit too MEH for 2010
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

We will see how good is WoW atm by counting those Cataclysm sales.I can only hope that Trion replicates WoW's success ,even surpassing it.
    Deceneu - Xanadu
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/profile/1898430
    eat good-look good;look good-play good;play good-paid good;paid good-eat good

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast