+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 83

Thread: Why the WoW/Blizzard hate?

  1. #31
    Telaran xciser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ATL,GA
    Posts
    58

    Default

    most people don't hate blizzard they hate the players, and the players who hate blizzard hate them because they played Vanilla and saw what crap th game is now compared to then, maybe CATA will help.

  2. #32
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvash View Post
    I believe it has it's roots in the fact that just about every person who shows up to any game (esp. new ones) has to do some kind of "This game sucks, in Wow we could....."
    I am really happy that Vanguard Fan's are sooooo totally different, it's really exciting that EQ1 Fans would never ever dreaming of saying that in wthat manner ....

    *cough*

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvash View Post
    No one cares, if you like WoW, great - go play that. If your looking at a new game, perhaps you should ask yourself why, maybe you don't think WoW is as great as you would lead others to believe?
    Look .. simple fact is: I could copy your post, change 'WoW' with 'Vanguard', 'EQ' ... whatever and noone would notice it cause it's exactly what every new player does in a new MMO he is giving a shot. Just read the Threads about 'Crafting' with a open mind

    I think it's quite simple why People 'hate' WoW - one half is used to play Vanilla and want to stay it that way. The other half started WoW based on a Hype with much to high expectations. Naturally both fractions got dissappointed and thats it.

    MMOs change, and whatever People say about wanting new and never seen stuff ... well it's only half the truth. They want to see new and never seen stuff but NOT in their game. It have to look new but they want the old stuff they are used to, just in some sort of disguise. You can see that in the Forum everywhere ..

    Dynamic Content, worlds changing.

    First Reaction: Wuppieh! Loads of Potential, great Idea .. this Game will rock all, i'am going to play it forever and then you can see the same people starting slow it down in other threads asking if not demanding the same old boring stuff like safe spots everywhere, not too much of malus here, trusted classes there, dynamic dungeons ... errr no i am not supposed to think while fighting .. there have to be Guides ..., add-ons needed etc. etc.

    So basically people 'hate' WoW simply for the fact that it is changing, throwing them in a need to re-learn to play. What every MMORPG should do.

    btw. People will hate RIFT also. The very same people which are actually hyping it. Simply for not beeing VG 2, EQ 3 or whatever they made of it in their heads based on the given Information. That's just human and it's fine

  3. #33
    Telaran Sir_Barlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    CO and MN
    Posts
    79

    Default

    It's not a hate towards Blizzard/WoW.

    Keep in mind there are jerks in EVERY MMO, and there always has been. But, when you have 10,000 people who play, you will see a few hundred A******S, but when you have 10+ Million players, you have now made an army of jerks who are spreading all over the MMO market like wildfire.

    WoW brought in MILLIONS of new faces to the MMOG genre` which is great, but we get the good with the bad.

    As far as the hate towards blizzard/wow, I don't think it is there. I just think it is jealousy. Plain and simple. Nobody can name another MMOthat has had more success than WoW.

    Most of the people who bash WoW are players who played it WAY to hard, and got burnt.. Now need someone/something to blame. The best part is, most of those jerks go back to it anyway.

    And no, this is not me trying to needle an argument, or even support or cheer for World of Warcraft. I am neutral, but have been seeing this type of thing for quite a while now.
    Last edited by Sir_Barlow; 10-30-2010 at 12:16 AM.

  4. #34
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Callipygous View Post
    All i see is i didn't like it so it was easymode?Also EQ will never be the "holy grail of gaming" MMO doesn't account for the old school RPGs or tabletop games so try again .This game will also not be EQ3 so don't expect it to be.Also its best to not let your nostalgic opinionated view be passed on as fact its just an opinion typed over and over again. P.S "Pre-Nerf C'thun/Zero Light Yog/and M'uru" were a tank n spank you played 20 minutes of a game and claimed it was **** good gamer there.


    Tl: DR sorry if i came off aggressive or rude in this post but honestly i'm sick of this ignorance its quite appalling to read.

    If one paragraph is too long for you to read it is no wonder you are/were a WoW fan. Get the fact before responding with a TLDR notation. .

    I actually played WoW for more than 20 minutes. That was pure sarcasm. WoW IS easymode gaming. If you found it overly hard I am sorry. I found it to be hello kitty easy. You may find your actually sick of your own ignorance. A table top game is not an MMO. EQ1 IS and WAS the holy Grail by which all other games will be measured. The majority of MuDs and RPGs were not true MMOs. Arguably UO was the first true MMO but EQ1 opened up the gendre like no other game. I don't expect this game to be EQ3. I expect EQ Next will be EQ3. My "nostaligic view" is shared by many others. Read up on the history of MMOs before you go off on a rant you are clueless about.

    I played WoW at launch - I found it to be a crappy easy mode game. It was overly simplistic in nature and very cartoony: cartoons are for kids. I like my fantasy slightly more realistic looking.
    Last edited by Vlahkmaak; 10-30-2010 at 12:28 AM.

  5. #35
    Telaran mokwhy00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    nederland
    Posts
    69

    Thumbs down hate

    i hate WOW why i hate it is bycos its to old grafic looks bad to easy to play much to easy
    i have play for 6 mouths and i had 1 lvl 73 and 1 lvl 80 and a few lower ones i was lvl 80 in no time 2 week off nonstop player whit sleep ;-) and blizzard never reply to my mails or qwestion
    when i stop playing when over to LOTRO and was much bettet and have player most mmo from then
    and all was much batter then WOW
    thans why i hate WOW
    The guild. The Elements Of Life
    is a Multi-Game guild.
    And we are Recruiting! Now
    go for more info clik the link below.
    Here is the website: http://teof.guildlaunch.com

  6. #36
    Plane Walker Taldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    204

    Default

    I cant say that I "hate" Blizzard at all. I absolutely hate Blizzard fans.

    "Worship the almighty Blizzard, any time anything is in any game it is just an idea stolen from Blizzard, I must splatter my important opinions about how much worse everything else is compared to Blizzard over every completely unrelated conversation everywhere, blah blah blah blah blah, WoW clone, blah blah"

    Yes, they designed a couple very good games. The diablo series was extremely entertaining and starcraft was so addicitive that its the national sport of an entire asian nation.

    WoW is a mediocre game for casual players who either dont know any better or who just really shouldnt be playing something labeled as an "rpg" in the first place. The way WoW's subscription numbers influence other mmo game developers is as completely illogical as changing an rpg based on comparisons to the number of user accounts created within "farmville".

    And what in any warcraft game is "original"? What validates the constant WoW fanboy's cries of "WoW clone!" ?

    Nothing, WoW is just ideas taken from previous mmos and applied to the warcraft universe. Warcraft doesnt even use an original artisitic style. If I dug around in my basement and pulled some art out of my old warhammer and warhammer 40k tabletop rulebooks its pretty hard to tell them apart from the art from the warcraft and starcraft games. They make the colors in warcraft more cartoony and more annnoying...ahh yes huge difference.

    In fact, I dare to say that no one whose ever played 40k tabletop can even play starcraft without thinking of the zerg as 'nids and protoss as eldar...and terran marines are...space marines...(damn smurfs)

    Im not really bashing Blizzard for being derivative. All fantasy works are somewhat derivative and some of their games were actually quite fun. Just not WoW.

    ...and if I ever have to read one more WoW fanboy post about everything in the world being copied from Blizzard Im going to make them swallow a box of D6.
    - Lord Taldier


    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
    - Nietzsche

  7. #37
    Rift Disciple Valdur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Inside my head
    Posts
    172

    Default

    What I dislike is that Blizzard has conditioned people to play MMO a certain way and the irony in that is all WoW players are not real MMO players but video game players and the real MMO players are there to endure that crapistic gameplay mechanic set by WoW.

    I still have hope that CCP WoD or 38 studios might give us something else to play.
    "It seems like we accept a hole in the mountain, or ground,or anywhere for that matter, as a dungeon now"... Curt Schilling




  8. #38
    Telaran Sir_Barlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    CO and MN
    Posts
    79

    Default

    38 Studios ran out of money

    So, it's going to take a good amount of time for that MMO.. Poor Curt.

  9. #39
    Rift Chaser Callipygous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlahkmaak View Post
    If one paragraph is too long for you to read it is no wonder you are/were a WoW fan. Get the fact before responding with a TLDR notation. .

    I actually played WoW for more than 20 minutes. That was pure sarcasm. WoW IS easymode gaming. If you found it overly hard I am sorry. I found it to be hello kitty easy. You may find your actually sick of your own ignorance. A table top game is not an MMO. EQ1 IS and WAS the holy Grail by which all other games will be measured. The majority of MuDs and RPGs were not true MMOs. Arguably UO was the first true MMO but EQ1 opened up the gendre like no other game. I don't expect this game to be EQ3. I expect EQ Next will be EQ3. My "nostaligic view" is shared by many others. Read up on the history of MMOs before you go off on a rant you are clueless about.

    I played WoW at launch - I found it to be a crappy easy mode game. It was overly simplistic in nature and very cartoony: cartoons are for kids. I like my fantasy slightly more realistic looking.


    I know all about MMOs i never played EQ i was a UO fanboy back in the day but if you must throw insults my way thats fine. The true fact is EQ will never be the holy grail of gaming. This your opinion not a fact it would be cool if you would stop spamming like many others "I WANT EQ THIS EQ THAT" in this game and let Trion build their own MMO, and WoW considered to you was a easymode gaming i highly doubt you did the top tier raiding at some point but yet you preached you did.It seems you can't get over the fact that other people enjoyed other "MMORPGS"which is known as Massively multiplayer online role-playing game just pointing out the true ignorant one is you i'm not being a fanboi for any game, but give credit where it is due otherwise stop spamming your insults/fanboi rants.

    Now you said EQ was the Holy Grail Of Gaming of GAMING not MMOs i pointed out Rpgs/Tabletop games were considered better than EQ if your small ignorant mind can't comprehend this it is fine but most gaming spawned from J. R. R. Tolkien books/DND tabletop.Also you didn't raid in WoW you proven to me and many others you logged into the game and reviewed it asap because it wasn't a EQ remake. The reason WoW is so successful is, it appeals to both casual and hardcore gamers by giving the casuals the ability to levelup multiple characters, run dungeons & heroics and easy mode raids, but the pinnacle of raiding is most definitely designed for a hardcore audience, anybody who argues this is grossly missinformed.I'm not praising their works but i'm also not going to claim its easymode if you think it is i can compare Planes of Time against SWP if need be and i can dissect if you want.


    If you want to continue to cry play this video over and over until you stop

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdsL4kvp_I
    Last edited by Callipygous; 10-30-2010 at 01:05 PM.
    If ignorance is bliss, you must be ******ic.

  10. #40
    Rift Chaser Raelizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas FTW!
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denzen View Post
    im not a blizzard hater, i had a great time playing wow.

    but if there is something that i hate about blizzard is the way they ruined wow, i loved vanilla and i didnt play it a lot, i liked bc and i hated wotlk XD and cata is looking umbalanced as hell xD
    my thoughts exactly, the more they progress the game the more they ruin it. an expansion is supposed to expand on the original game not make it ezmode for new players.they are simply going to a fanservice base instead of staying with thier original design.
    do i hate them for making money? no, do i dislike them for ruining a game IMO that was fine as is? yes.

  11. #41
    Rift Disciple Valdur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Inside my head
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Barlow View Post
    38 Studios ran out of money

    So, it's going to take a good amount of time for that MMO.. Poor Curt.
    Around Q4 2012.
    "It seems like we accept a hole in the mountain, or ground,or anywhere for that matter, as a dungeon now"... Curt Schilling




  12. #42
    Plane Touched Kilrathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    220

    Default

    i been playing wow since alpha

    it also doesnt hurt that the game engine scales WELL (something that ALOT of MMO's are missing, EQ2 did not SCALE well with hardware at all)

    Greg Street said to mock the players if they fail to stand out of the fire or break ccs
    But But it worked in Dev!

  13. #43
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Callipygous View Post
    I know all about MMOs i never played EQ i was a UO fanboy back in the day but if you must throw insults my way thats fine. The true fact is EQ will never be the holy grail of gaming. This your opinion not a fact it would be cool if you would stop spamming like many others "I WANT EQ THIS EQ THAT" in this game and let Trion build their own MMO, and WoW considered to you was a easymode gaming i highly doubt you did the top tier raiding at some point but yet you preached you did.It seems you can't get over the fact that other people enjoyed other "MMORPGS"which is known as Massively multiplayer online role-playing game just pointing out the true ignorant one is you i'm not being a fanboi for any game, but give credit where it is due otherwise stop spamming your insults/fanboi rants.

    Now you said EQ was the Holy Grail Of Gaming of GAMING not MMOs i pointed out Rpgs/Tabletop games were considered better than EQ if your small ignorant mind can't comprehend this it is fine but most gaming spawned from J. R. R. Tolkien books/DND tabletop.Also you didn't raid in WoW you proven to me and many others you logged into the game and reviewed it asap because it wasn't a EQ remake. The reason WoW is so successful is, it appeals to both casual and hardcore gamers by giving the casuals the ability to levelup multiple characters, run dungeons & heroics and easy mode raids, but the pinnacle of raiding is most definitely designed for a hardcore audience, anybody who argues this is grossly missinformed.I'm not praising their works but i'm also not going to claim its easymode if you think it is i can compare Planes of Time against SWP if need be and i can dissect if you want.


    If you want to continue to cry play this video over and over until you stop

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdsL4kvp_I
    Wow, I have never seen anyone over the age of thirteen get so bent out of shape by someone saying WoW was an easymode MMO. Cry me a river n00bert. this /violins for you poptart. Hope to see you on a pvp server.

  14. #44
    Rift Chaser Callipygous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlahkmaak View Post
    Wow, I have never seen anyone over the age of thirteen get so bent out of shape by someone saying WoW was an easymode MMO. Cry me a river n00bert. this /violins for you poptart. Hope to see you on a pvp server.





    I'm not bent out of shape over you calling it easymode. I just dislike when people speak out of their a** especially calling EQ the holy grail of gaming and then claiming their opinions as facts Good Day Sir.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ&feature=related
    Last edited by Callipygous; 10-30-2010 at 07:37 PM.
    If ignorance is bliss, you must be ******ic.

  15. #45
    Rift Disciple Brolael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    156

    Default

    All I could picture while reading this post is someone under a blanket with a camcorder crying "Leave Blizzard Aloooooooone!"

    Put simply, I don't hate Blizzard, I hate what they do to their products. I loved Diablo and Diablo II and chances are I'll enjoy Diablo III (if they ever decide to release it). I did enjoy WoW in the short time I played the original. I just don't like how they treat their franchises.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts