+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Old school MUD players, check in here

Default Old school MUD players, check in here

If you used to play a MUD back in the day, way before some of these other so-called old-schoolers got their starts with their fancy GUI-based MMOs on GUI-based OSes, post in here.

Dark Castle MUD
    Hidden Worlds MUD
    Nodeka MUD

Quote Originally Posted by Melehan View Post
    If you used to play a MUD back in the day, way before some of these other so-called old-schoolers got their starts with their fancy GUI-based MMOs on GUI-based OSes, post in here.

Dark Castle MUD
    Hidden Worlds MUD
    Nodeka MUD

Duris
    Sojourn

Soulwalker

Duris
    Sojourn
    Darkover
    The Creators Shadow
    Hidden grotto
    Eclipse of Fate

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ixath View Post
    Duris
    Sojourn
    Didnt you play as an illithid back in the day on duris when they were first implemented..had top frags for a long time?

Quote Originally Posted by shaughn2323 View Post
    Didnt you play as an illithid back in the day on duris when they were first implemented..had top frags for a long time?
    I was an illithid killer!

I mained Theras the barbarian warrior and then Ixath the thri-kreen warrior i'm pretty sure.
    but I was pretty high up for kills with theras. I got really good at bodyslamming pok and all the other squids as they came through a wormhole
    Last edited by Ixath; 02-03-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Soulwalker

Duris
    Sojourn
    I was an illithid killer!

I mained Theras the barbarian warrior and then Ixath the thri-kreen warrior i'm pretty sure.
    but I was pretty high up for kills with theras. I got really good at bodyslamming pok and all the other squids as they came through a wormhole
    I played Drizdren gray elf sorc but that was back in like 03'ish maybe ran with guilds Rising Dawn and Dark Dawn. Had a few other toons on there but havent played with any seriousness in a LONG time.

Quote Originally Posted by shaughn2323 View Post
    I played Drizdren gray elf sorc but that was back in like 03'ish maybe ran with guilds Rising Dawn and Dark Dawn. Had a few other toons on there but havent played with any seriousness in a LONG time.
    Oh wow

I played duris as soon as it split from sojourn..played for a few years.

I tried to give Sojourn a try at least two separate times during my MUD career and just couldn't get into it. A couple of guys I used to see in the computer lab were big into that one though.

Soulwalker

Oh wow

I played duris as soon as it split from sojourn..played for a few years.
    Yea I played Sojourn as well, Troll Warrior named Gothog..I was always getting killed by the imms for taking the secret passage into....waterdeep was it? and selling the bone armor from..Ghore was it? After the split I jumped around to a few muds and than came back to duris years later.

Soulwalker

Batmud
    Zombiemud
    Imperial
    icesus

And countless others. Atleast somewhat played most ofthe major muds.

Soulwalker

Realms of Despair

Tried one or two others.

Hmmm.. It has been a very long time. I think my first one was call Aber or something to that effect. It was back in 89-90 time frame. Text only Unix based - scary thing...
    _._Legatus Primus_._

An old school style community

KOBRA MUD around 1990

MUDded for a few years, but probably some of the lesser known ones.

After the Plague (a ridiculously huge, detailed Hungarian thing) was my main, then I moved onto Legend of the Jedi, and then something called Ablaze (Godwars PVP mud). A few Final Fantasy type MUDs here and there.

The most fun I ever had in a MUD was in the Ablaze one because of a broken blue magic mechanic that nobody seemed to really know about. I played what was considered the weakest class, except they had one ability. Instant cast, ignored level difference, could use it on as many people as you liked, it lasted indefinitely (until the caster canceled it or attacked them), you couldn't break it once it was used on you, and the only way to counter it was a very little known command. And it gave the caster the ability to force them to use any single command in the code. I could make them say things in OOC/general chat, or kill themselves, or do emotes. Anything. It got fixed after about a week, but oh man, that week. One guy told me that once it wore off he was going to PK me until his fingers bled. Good times.

I love my GUI MMOs and games to death, but sometimes, I miss my MUDs.

Shadowlander

I played ZORK, text based game, and then HACK where your character was the '@' symbol.
    Good times.
    Moved on to the Sierra network for Yserbius and then Dark Sun Online before I started to Beta for Eq1.

-Misterri
    Mimguild.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast