+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beware the fury of Deathwing!

Default Beware the fury of Deathwing!

While I haven't played Wow since The Burning Crusade, I have to say, this is pretty cool.
    One of Azeroth's oldest adversaries will soon tear through the Elemental Plane to reforge the world in flame, but this foe won't be conducting his reign of terror from the confines of a castle or lair. Deathwing is a destructive force the likes of which adventurers have yet to see in World of Warcraft, and his appetite for devastation can only be satisfied by the shattering of the world. Following his explosive escape from Deepholm, Deathwing will cast a deadly shadow over the people of Azeroth as he wreaks indiscriminate havoc across the land.

Once free to terrorize the world, Deathwing will randomly choose territories in Azeroth to attack each day until his ruinous reign is brought to an end. A blackened sky will be the only warning before every living creature caught in his approach is consumed by his terrible fire. The unfortunate victims of his malice will receive a rare Feat of Strength... as well as a repair bill and corpse run.

When Deathwing returns, you'd best keep your eyes on the skies.
    Deathwing Flyover

No early warning.
    No chance to defend.
    No escape.

It is so quick, painful, and unforgiving, that it actually makes me smile (and fits in with the lore). I can only hope that RIFT will implement a unique and cool feature like that down the line.
    Last edited by Geekcheck; 10-28-2010 at 10:12 AM.

Here's the Cinematic trailer for the expansion (in case you are living under a rock or something and haven't seen it saturating the internet). The Art guys had a panel at the recent Blizzcon discussing how they made this - was pretty interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck7Hh...eature=related

Note: in Lore the plates being hammered into Deathwing's hide are to contain his rage. Guess they didn't work.
    Last edited by Arielle; 10-27-2010 at 10:35 AM.

So, am I understanding this 'event' correctly? Every day he isn't killed, which I'm supposing isn't doable until max level & gear?, one zone will be a kill zone and everything/everyone in it is killed for the day? Or am I hoping for too much?

Shield of Telara

Just wish his name didn't suck so much. Nefarian, Sintharia, Azuregos = awesome names. Deathwing = err

That's a really cool event though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kula View Post
    So, am I understanding this 'event' correctly? Every day he isn't killed, which I'm supposing isn't doable until max level & gear?, one zone will be a kill zone and everything/everyone in it is killed for the day? Or am I hoping for too much?
    I am assuming thats how it works, he will show up in the zone and rampage through the area killing everyone around him.

I just wonder if cities are included ... lol @ the thought of seeing hundreds of players running from Ogrimmar.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    I am assuming thats how it works, he will show up in the zone and rampage through the area killing everyone around him.

I just wonder if cities are included ... lol @ the thought of seeing hundreds of players running from Ogrimmar.
    I watched a demo raid where he does just this - and Death-touches everyone after they kill the final boss. It makes sense if what he's doing (based on the Cinematic trailer I linked above) is flying all over Azeroth wreaking destruction. If you watch that, they show how everywhere he goes, he completely destroys fairly hefty structures. The people in and around them can't possibly escape that.

Also, in the demo raid...it's contested and called "The Defense of Orgrimmar", therefore takes place outside the front gate then up on the ramparts. A bunch of people were on flying mounts watching it. When he came up to Death-touch the raid, the spectators got it too. They were all thrown off their flying mounts and killed. It was pretty cool looking graphically.
    Last edited by Arielle; 10-28-2010 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorathir View Post
    Just wish his name didn't suck so much. Nefarian, Sintharia, Azuregos = awesome names. Deathwing = err

That's a really cool event though.
    His original name is Neltharion. Deathwing is a mantle he took up when he became the Destroyer.

+ Reply to Thread