+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is the diff of kiteing and training

Default What is the diff of kiteing and training

to me kiting = to kill a mob at a rang so as not to get hit while keeping at a distance

training i= to have three ore more mobs behind you as you run to a point or to others
    I Grimlock Leader

Seems like you already know the answer....

Why are you suddenly not sure?

Guardian of Kindred Spirits on the Greybriar Shard - It's in the player!

Kiting = boring

Training = FUN!

Kiting is usually done by a player trying to kill the things they're fighting.
    Training usually results in the deaths of people who didn't have anything to do with the fight in the first place if your games company has incredibly poor aggro mechanics
    *I am not a smurf*

Einherjar
    Blightweald - Guardians

Training requires a lot of alcohol for at least one player. Start small and work your way up and it'll be okay for everyone.

Kiting you need a lot of string.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by tiny619 View Post
    to me kiting = to kill a mob at a rang so as not to get hit while keeping at a distance

training i= to have three ore more mobs behind you as you run to a point or to others
    Kiting is done to kill a mob (or player) you can't normally kill in head to head combat.

Training is a often deliberate attempt to bring unwanted mobs into a player or players to grief them. Sometimes a train is not intentional but is a desperate act to peel off the mobs and get help. Training is a bad thing to do generally.

I think EQ was the initiation of trains (and kiting) , since in that game, mobs never gave up chasing you. The only way to lose them was to zone into another area. In that game, dungeons were not instanced but common areas where the lower level MOBS were near the top entrance and the bottom of the dungeon was very high level MOBs. The high level players would get in trouble and run to the top and exit the dungeon with a "train" of high level mobs following behind. Because these were very high level MOBs and most of the players near the top exit were low level, carnage ensued. The courtious players would yell "TRAIN" to let everyone know to run away and leave the dungeon. Dieing in EQ was a royal pain.

Just had flash-back images, wicked. Good old times.

Or actually not. I am anxiously wating for the 2 weeks in the future to come.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by pakes View Post
    Just had flash-back images, wicked. Good old times.

Or actually not. I am anxiously wating for the 2 weeks in the future to come.
    Selling SOW for 20 gold...

o god this is good and funn thanks all and its not that i am unsure its just i want to know what everyone thinking thanks so far
    I Grimlock Leader

+ Reply to Thread