+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Is it against fourm rules?

Post Is it against fourm rules?

Hi, would it be against the fourm rules to post about providing an in game power leveling service where i would run them through dungs that people would pay for with plat? Just wondered as I don't fancy getting banned if not haha thanks in advance!

Shadowlander

Default This is why we don't have nice stuffs :/

It's when folks post stuff like this to attract the dev's attention and takes away stuff from the community.

I don't understand Countess Felicia's post, so here's my opinion (I have not read the ToS):

Ezekie, there isn't anything wrong with providing a service in-game and charging for that service. This is has always been encouraged within the MMO communities, and Rift is no exception.

There are many examples of business models for services rendered on these forums if you want to have a look around. Some include Dimensions, some include Wardrobes, some include Credits and Rex, etc.

Essentially, you can do whatever you like within reason, and to answer your question: It's fine, as long as you don't overstep the mark by extorting (or exploiting etc) people or the game. (Basically, you can read the ToS to know where your boundaries lie)

I would recommend that you simply create the thread in the appropriate forum (some people may not take too kindly these threads popping up on the wrong forum, for sake of business)

Again, I haven't read the ToS, but I see no issue with what you want to do.
    Last edited by Narielia; 11-23-2015 at 02:25 PM.
    "When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money."

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

No, although not something I especially thought about when I rewrote the forum rules.

As long as everything is explicitly for in game currency, and only in game currency, then it shouldn't be an issue. Of course it is subject to the rules for spam (i.e. no bumping it), being placed in the appropriate section (got me there, no idea where it should go), and all discussion within the thread would need to be constructive (no flame wars about services not rendered). There is a lot that could potentially go wrong.

In theory, it would go under... trade skills? >_>
    Or, I guess if you started a guild for it, you could list under guild recruitment?
    I really have no idea. x.x
    Thunderkat (65) - Tekay (65) - Pfifer (65) - Visionary (65) - Rhailo (65)

<Bounty>'s GL - NA chillest.

Quote Originally Posted by Narielia View Post
    I don't understand Countess Felicia's post
    Nerfs are a thing.

So... yeah.

I agree with Felicia here, despite not running one of these services. If a homie wants to join my Rift crew, methods to get them up to speed quickly would be nice.
    "Why, that was a marvelous suggestion that will transform life in Telara. We will get right to implementing that. Now that you pointed it out, it's pretty obvious. Don't we look stupid!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Fantastic View Post
    In theory, it would go under... trade skills? >_>
    Or, I guess if you started a guild for it, you could list under guild recruitment?
    I really have no idea. x.x
    If I had to wager a guess... maybe General Discussion? Solely 'cause the skin shops are there.
    "Why, that was a marvelous suggestion that will transform life in Telara. We will get right to implementing that. Now that you pointed it out, it's pretty obvious. Don't we look stupid!"

Ocho is spot on. There is nothing wrong with legit entrepreneurship in the pure context of the game. It doesn't have to hide like some mafia.

The game companies are pretty much fine with anything contained in the vacuum of their game world. It's the real money stuff that starts crossing lines - but countless people do it anyway . And that too is something the companies know.

I think they actually like seeing stuff like this. As long as by powerlevel you never mean "let me man your account and afk it near a fast respawn mob". So as long as everyone is active and manning their character, this stuff probably makes them happy. MMO's are meant to emulate virtual worlds. In the pure context of a virtual world with plat as a currency exchange, this is like having a mentor to help train young adventurers. Except they don't have to make it a feature, it's a real player offering his time to boast the features within their virtual world provided. So I think they view this stuff as rad. Just so long as there isn't account swapping, afking, 3rd party programs, or real cash price tags.

Though with what Ocho said, to help make it cleaner on Trion's side. Maybe you could try WW cross server channels? Kick start up a personal blog/fan site and put it in your signature, then explain your offered services there (then it's sort of *your* thing, and not on their 'property' if you will).

If it's a direct post on the official forums, although you are not obligated to serve everyone who begs of your time - some responsibility might by proxy radiate to Trion for housing a thread offering such potential anger that should be directed towards only the person offering it, may cause Trion to catch flack if it seems like they are supporting the player by keeping his thread up. I could be very wrong, but I feel this is probably intuitively correct to some levels.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-26-2015 at 09:33 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Possibly make a new section called *trading.* I have seen people advertise and sell guilds before for plat.. Same kinda thing.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

I agree that in game services for in game currency is a cool thing, but I also agree with Countess Felicia.
    Last edited by Seshatar; 11-26-2015 at 01:23 PM.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

I think it's important to address something here, to prevent forum toxicity.

I see people assuming too much, and read too negatively inbetween the lines.

Observe:

Quote Originally Posted by Countess Felicia View Post
    It's when folks post stuff like this...
    Stuff like what? Asking for help? Hence:

Quote Originally Posted by Narielia View Post
    I don't understand Countess Felicia's post,
    Now;

Quote Originally Posted by Countess Felicia View Post
    ...to attract the dev's attention and takes away stuff from the community.
    This is toxic. It's a negative assumption. You don't know WHY he posted what he did.

Let me paint this picture clearer:

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekie View Post
    Hi, would it be against the fourm rules to post about [something] ... Just wondered as I don't fancy getting banned if not haha thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    ... not something I especially thought about when I rewrote the forum rules.
    Could it be that OP asked because he really didn't have a clear understanding, and he's simply asking for help?

Lesson: Don't assume things. Treat others as you would like to be treated, and be nice. If you don't know something, ask.
    "When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money."

We know WHY he posted what he did. It's perfectly innocent, and we get that.

However, if something like this makes the game incredibly easy to breeze through, there's a possibility that it might get nerfed or fixed somehow.

Nobody's assuming that Ezekie's outright gunning to get this noticed or nerfed. However, actions can have indirect consequences.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    The game companies are pretty much fine with anything contained in the vacuum of their game world. It's the real money stuff that starts crossing lines - but countless people do it anyway . And that too is something the companies know.
    Not that I RMT but are people not actively investigated in this game for doing so? Seems some of these people providing in game services would also dabble in RMT. Some of these services just scream I RMT behind the scenes.

Thanks for all the input people! ☺some really interesting things said and some not so helpful, but thanks non the less! I think I'm going to give it a shot and 'attempt' to find the correct area to put up an 'ad'. I don't really expect it to take off but we'll see! Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    We know WHY he posted what he did. It's perfectly innocent, and we get that.

However, if something like this makes the game incredibly easy to breeze through, there's a possibility that it might get nerfed or fixed somehow.

Nobody's assuming that Ezekie's outright gunning to get this noticed or nerfed. However, actions can have indirect consequences.
    If something makes the game incredibly easy to breeze through it should be nerfed for the good of the players and the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast