+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: For Subscribers Only:

Soulwalker

Default For Subscribers Only:

If it's true that the new calling will not be free to subscribers, how do you feel
    about that? Is Trion taking a huge risk with those whose loyalty to the game
    has been unquestioned? Should we consider taking action? Please post
    (and vent, if needed). Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeely View Post
    If it's true that the new calling will not be free to subscribers, how do you feel
    This is exactly how piss-poor rumors get started. Rift is free-to-play and all expansion content has been available to everyone. The only "content" that requires a purchase with either in-game credits or money are three things: Storm Legion soul pack, Dream soul pack, and now the Wilds Pack.

When 3.4 launches, all of that content will be available to everyone. The only thing you'll need to purchase, which is entirely optional, is the new class Primalist.

You do NOT have to be a Patron to Rift to play anything in the game nor does the game require you to be a Patron to make any purchases on the Rift Store/site.

If there's any action you should do, it's to do some research before you post threads like this.
    Last edited by Riane; 08-17-2015 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    This is exactly how piss-poor rumors get started. Rift is free-to-play and all expansion content has been available to everyone. The only "content" that requires a purchase with either in-game credits or money are three things: Storm Legion soul pack, Dream soul pack, and now the Wilds Pack.

When 3.4 launches, all of that content will be available to everyone. The only thing you'll need to purchase, which is entirely optional, is the new class Primalist.

You do NOT have to be a Patron to Rift to play anything in the game nor does the game require you to be a Patron to make any purchases on the Rift Store/site.

If there's any action you should do, it's to do some research before you post threads like this.
    Uh, Cup, pretty sure he is being salty that patrons won't be receiving Primalist for free. Not that you have to be a Patron to get it.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

^

/10char
    Last edited by Samuraiko; 08-17-2015 at 01:04 PM.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Uh, Cup, pretty sure he is being salty that patrons won't be receiving Primalist for free. Not that you have to be a Patron to get it.
    Oh, well.. uhh, OP is a f..

yes, how dare someone ask why he has to buy the new primalist soul even though he is paying a monthly fee because he wants to support the game. How dare someone ask questions or have opinions on the forums. This is outrageous. He didn't even research the question he had before asking the question on the forums. Madness, chaos, disgusting casuals.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Well I mean it isn't like there is a precedent for this sort of thing.

We didn't have this conversation when the Dream Souls launched with 2.7.

Or Planewalker: Water and earrings slots with 3.0.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    yes, how dare someone ask why he has to buy the new primalist soul even though he is paying a monthly fee because he wants to support the game. How dare someone ask questions or have opinions on the forums. This is outrageous. He didn't even research the question he had before asking the question on the forums. Madness, chaos, disgusting casuals.
    Other than the fact that Primalist is a new class and not a soul, I'm glad you agree. ;)

Also, there is no "monthly fee" to play Rift. You don't even need to PAY with actual dollars (or your native currency) to access the game nor is it required. If he wants to support the game he's playing, I imagine paying for the new class would be a positive for OP.
    Last edited by Riane; 08-17-2015 at 01:23 PM.

It doesn't bother me. I pay for patron on a bunch of accounts. I've already bought the Wilds Pack for a couple, and will be buying it for the rest of them eventually.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

If you really thought Primalist would be free for anyone you're delusional.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Soulwalker

First, to the editor of the fan site who assumed, for reasons unbeknownst to me, that I was
    referring to additional material and NOT exclusively the new calling (which was the only thing I DID refer to) I say pfft! You accuse me of starting rumors when my only comment regarded
    the new calling.
    Second, I believe Trion does not wish us to feel like this is a police state, and I therefore am of the opinion that fan site operators should be seen and not heard!! (my opinion only - I feel that I must be very circumspect when speaking with or about them).
    Third, my comment and question still stand, and I would like those who feel as I do to let their opinions be heard, and NOT dissuaded. In my ever-so-humble opinion, adding a new calling, like adding new gear slots (thank you Stihl), is part of what we pay for.
    Fourth, guess what? I was even peeved that I didn't get a 5 year reward and bonus!
    Fifth, I was certainly playing Rift before it became free, and made a conscious choice that I would continue to pay (subscribe) as long as I was happy with Trion and Rift. Like me, anyone who pays is a subscriber, and my intent was indeed to note that it was subscribers I was talking to.
    Again, I was shocked to be accused of spreading misinformation. That's not something I do, or ever agree with. And, here's a secret, I believe Trion's mind can be changed regarding paying for the new calling (by subscribers). Indeed, I even suspect that Trion MAY offer it free (again, to subscribers), but won't publicize this lest people start their subscription for the release.
    I consider Trion a well-meaning, fairly benevolent entity. I don't think they [usually] make monetary decisions casually, and DO have their players (and especially subscribers') interests at heart. Please note that they haven't joined the out-of-state sales tax scheme, even though it "kicks" back considerable sums to its participants.
    Thank you for your time, Joel

Soulwalker

First, to the editor of the fan site who assumed, for reasons unbeknownst to me, that I was
    referring to additional material and NOT exclusively the new calling (which was the only thing I DID refer to) I say pfft! You accuse me of starting rumors when my only comment regarded
    the new calling.
    Second, I believe Trion does not wish us to feel like this is a police state, and I therefore am of the opinion that fan site operators should be seen and not heard!! (my opinion only - I feel that I must be very circumspect when speaking with or about them).
    Third, my comment and question still stand, and I would like those who feel as I do to let their opinions be heard, and NOT dissuaded. In my ever-so-humble opinion, adding a new calling, like adding new gear slots (thank you Stihl), is part of what we pay for.
    Fourth, guess what? I was even peeved that I didn't get a 5 year reward and bonus!
    Fifth, I was certainly playing Rift before it became free, and made a conscious choice that I would continue to pay (subscribe) as long as I was happy with Trion and Rift. Like me, anyone who pays is a subscriber, and my intent was indeed to note that it was subscribers I was talking to.
    Again, I was shocked to be accused of spreading misinformation. That's not something I do, or ever agree with. And, here's a secret, I believe Trion's mind can be changed regarding paying for the new calling (by subscribers). Indeed, I even suspect that Trion MAY offer it free (again, to subscribers), but won't publicize this lest people start their subscription for the release.
    I consider Trion a well-meaning, fairly benevolent entity. I don't think they [usually] make monetary decisions casually, and DO have their players (and especially subscribers') interests at heart. Please note that they haven't joined the out-of-state sales tax scheme, even though it "kicks" back considerable sums to its participants.
    Thank you for your time, Joel
    Cupcakey is a Rift - Reddit mod, she's not a Trion employee, although people who are not familiar with forum flare might assume otherwise.

You cant take to heart everything people write on the internet, I seriously doubt it was a personal attack on you but more of a backlash due to recent misconception about and Trion's poor press release of the "The Wilds pack" leading to unbelievably long forum threads with people trowing random assumptions as facts.

Furthermore regarding your OP, being a subscriber (while appreciated I hope) doesn't entitle you to any special rights or treatment, that's the sad truth about F2P games where even the paying customer is treated/thought of as a leach.

Regards
    Last edited by DankMemer; 08-17-2015 at 04:43 PM.

Y'know.... I spend what I suppose others might consider a LOT of money on Rift. I'm retired, and yeah, income is sort of limited - but this game doesn't cost me NEARLY what TOMMO did for years and years.

This is my hobby. I could spend more playing golf *gag*. So.... take that for what it's worth. For me, it's worth however much I want to spend on it.

That would be - a lot.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Plane Touched

i like OP.

he will make a mighty fine trollbait someday.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

I was even peeved that I didn't get a 5 year reward and bonus!
    You jumped the gun a bit there, Rift isn't 5 years old until March 2016

I agree though, handing out one of the four year anniversary Arc rider mount to people, at the very least who played from day one, or narrow it down to people who have "subscribed" and continue to pay since day one.

I've seen a few riders been handed out to "favourites" in Tempest Bay

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast