+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Like Tree1471Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What are you listening to?

Tag team best team =P
    Last edited by Xibitz; 04-09-2017 at 02:49 PM.
    Azzteck@Greybriar
    <MWM>

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I love PJ Harvey, but I also love, love, LOVE this cover of her - by Juliette Lewis for the movie Strange Days. Not a big fan of Lewis in general, but I still love this performance...

ya know whats funny? I didn't know who pj harvey was when I seen strange days , lol I mean I knew of her but had no clue it was a cover by her. I agree,..great cover and pretty cool movie, the concept for sure.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Another great song with some real emotional intensity:

K's Choice is such an underrated band in general. Most people, if they know the band at all, just no their one radio hit from the 90's - Not an Addict. But they have so much more than that.
    "I'm not an addict baby,..thats a lie". That song takes me back for sure, always on the radio but like I said I grew up with some awesome dj's around. I never really checked them out so thank you for posting this. It's right up my alley.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

And while I am on a roll, on the more melancholy end is another K's Choice track:

And also melancholy, a band called Ugly Beauty that sadly imploded after a single album:

Beautiful voice, the ugly beauty..thats too bad they didn't make it. Her voice reminds me of someone I can't pinpoint but I love it!

A great jam band I think one of my all time faves for just straight up improv. I mean seriously how many bands sounds great playing way out of tune and octaves lol

Upbeat comedy vid for today!
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Of course I have to add this one. I heard this song on a promo cd. Back in the 90's they came out with many of them that correlated with new bands and old and I was dumb struck the first time I heard this .Again, one of the best improv bands out there and how they tune is just brilliant.

Last edited by Questoften; 04-09-2017 at 07:47 PM.

I know this song is extra cheeseburgers but I still love it, I think the opening of the song steals me every time.It makes me think of those years being a kid and wondering what life is all about..also watching videos as a kid I remember this one, it always stroke me as a beautiful love song.

Maybe about that guardian/defiant relationship?:

Quote Originally Posted by Dizbo View Post

Maybe about that guardian/defiant relationship?:

nice! I needed to hear some heavy stuff lol They remind me of many bands.

This song takes me home every time I hear it. Not because of the song itself but because it was one of my mom's favorite songs and I lost her six years ago to cancer. I really never thought about this song until I was faced with her death. I mean I always liked the song but now it has an entire new meaning for me and I can finally appreciate the song as a whole and also how my mom related to it. When this song comes on the radio no matter where I am, I could be in a CVS pharmacy it will always stop me in my tracks and remind me of what truly makes this world go round.

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    This song takes me home every time I hear it. Not because of the song itself but because it was one of my mom's favorite songs and I lost her six years ago to cancer. I really never thought about this song until I was faced with her death. I mean I always liked the song but now it has an entire new meaning for me and I can finally appreciate the song as a whole and also how my mom related to it. When this song comes on the radio no matter where I am, I could be in a CVS pharmacy it will always stop me in my tracks and remind me of what truly makes this world go round.

Not my style, but...I dedicate this song to you, Miss Green, nonetheless.
    Last edited by Questoften; 04-10-2017 at 06:34 AM.

Because why not? Random parody, I think the good ol' Mario sounds were a nice touch.

Azzteck@Greybriar
    <MWM>

Last edited by Damadafaka; 04-11-2017 at 01:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast